NaNoWriMo 2014

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife
It's like... ten days away. Anyone else doing this?

I haven't heard anything about Aetolia-based novels being a thing this year, but I think I'm going to avoid doing another character backstory and write something else, to mix it up. (I guess I could put 50,000 words into Oasis' source code, but I don't think that counts)

Also, if you haven't seen it, NaNoWriMo put out a new website for 2014. It's p. nifty, and makes getting to your regional forum board a lot easier.

NaNoWriMo 2014

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

TragerAlissandraCiarelle

Comments

• Going to take a stab at it! Will see if I have enough time. I do have a fun idea though! 
  • I will be doing it too! Not Aetolia based though.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If Aetolia does reward again this year, it would be cool if they considered general stuff being rewarded, instead of just Aet-based. I know there's no real motive aside from encouraging us, but then again, do those Aet "novels" really do much to bring in new players?
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Mine sure didn't. It was written from Ashmer's perspective starting before he got all fucked up, and follows about the kind of progression you'd expect for someone slowly (quickly) stuffed into a twisted, evil creature-size hole and hit really hard with a hammer.

Of course, the fact that I wrote the last 25,000 words in the last five days and the last 10,500 words in the very last day didn't help. <.<

It was fun, I'd been missing his tragic side.

I've already vowed to do better this year. (And add at least 25,000 words to Oasis' source code on the side)

Also, I brainstormed my basis for my novel this year while in the meditation room (read: bathroom) this morning getting ready. Any of y'all at have an outline down yet, or are you roughing it?

Add me on NaNoWriMo's website: ADuBois

• Did one about Jhakor last year, because writing about NPCs is cool and even if it doesn't get used as lore, it's neat to have that 'What if?' kinda deal.

Going to try to do one this year, but it'll be about a world I'm building, not an IRE one. That being said, once I get around to making an account on the website this year, I'll post my name here!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'm definitely doing NaNoWriMo, but not Aetolia-based. I'm creating a rough outline of it, but I don't want to agonize over too many of the details; I like that the deadline forces me to just write without stopping to edit something I've already written again and again.
    Ashmer
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm going to do the "Nonowrimo" That way there will be more letters for the rest of you to use.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Help I have two different novels I want to write and I can't decide. Fantasy or straight-up post-apocalyptic space travel science fiction?

• Ashmer said:

Help I have two different novels I want to write and I can't decide. Fantasy or straight-up post-apocalyptic space travel science fiction?

Sci-fi. Also I'm working on a game you might like.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz