MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Been missing you guys! Kept getting sick or losing my internet, or getting sick. Getting more sick. Holy crap sick. WHY do my 100+ coworkers insist on coming to work sick? I called out Monday, saw a doc Tuesday who said it was luckily not strep, just a cold, saw a diff doc in the same office today and it's graduated to bronchitis/sinus infection/ear infection all at the same time. Ow ow ow ow. I'm surprised I can drive, I can only sleep 90 min at a time three hours apart.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Meyvitch said:

Been missing you guys! Kept getting sick or losing my internet, or getting sick. Getting more sick. Holy crap sick. WHY do my 100+ coworkers insist on coming to work sick? I called out Monday, saw a doc Tuesday who said it was luckily not strep, just a cold, saw a diff doc in the same office today and it's graduated to bronchitis/sinus infection/ear infection all at the same time. Ow ow ow ow. I'm surprised I can drive, I can only sleep 90 min at a time three hours apart.

Better than Ebola! Get better soon, eat lots of soup! Yum, soup...
    Ishin
  • I made sure this time while I had the energy to grocery shop, to get popsicles, juice, and things I can microwave. I've been eating ramen for breakfast so stocked up on that too! And yes, much better than Ebola!

Really glad this is the month we get paid three times, because come Halloween, my paycheck's going to be the scariest thing I see all day.

I did however put in a shift change request to get my normal Wednesday 6 hr shift off so I can work on Friday and dress up at work, but still get out in time for trick-or-treaters. I've got a caped Slytherin shirt from walmart, and I've had a stuffed owl for years. I just need a wand!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    IshinKaleigh
  • Set my alarm for PM instead of AM
    Nooooooooooooo!

Rankings come baaaack! /firstworldproblems

At least my gasp of alarmed shock didn't wake up boyfriend to be sad with me? Small victories?

Also - Aww @meyvitch :( Hope you keep improving! Have missed you!!

• Thank you Aryanne. :) Hopefully the antibiotics start to help because I really miss sleep.
    Ishin
  • Rage.

Coming back from a weekend of fun only to find enough Aetolia drama in a nice, neat little box to make me really consider quitting.

In part at least, it's just the depo provera I'm on making me spiral into rage much more quickly than I usually do--I'm not -good- at anger. I logged on to relax for a bit before bed after being on the go all weekend and promptly got upset enough to physically shake for an hour before I could calm down at all. May go to a doctor this coming weekend--need to get -something- to balance out this emotional rollercoaster. It isn't as bad as it was the first time, I drop down into rage way too damn easy and I'm aware that it's irrational which makes me even MORE angry.
    imageimage
    Elie
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    edited October 2014
    I hate women's fashion. More specifically, I hate the huge cropped shirt trend that has refused to die.

Normal-length shirts are already "cropped shirts" to ladies like myself who got it goin' on in the chest region. Cropped shirts, therefore, become 90s-era belly shirts. No thank you.

WTB tops, shirts, sweaters that are cut long, just so I can enjoy an average-length shirt. Pls. :(
    SolariaTeaniAryanneNolaElie
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Sibatti said:

I hate women's fashion. More specifically, I hate the huge cropped shirt trend that has refused to die.

Normal-length shirts are already "cropped shirts" to ladies like myself who got it goin' on in the chest region. I Cropped shirts, therefore, become 90s-era belly shirts. No thank you.

WTB tops, shirts, sweaters that are cut long, just so I can enjoy an average-length shirt. Pls. :(

I end up buying a lot of Old Navy and Lane Bryant shirts for this reason. I'm short, so I end up stuck with something too long - but if I got those shirts you talk about, it'd be so bad..

Elie
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Sibatti said:

got it goin' on in the chest region

Best thing I've read today.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    TragerJensenLimHavenIshinRiluo
  • Hoodies are the answer to all of life's shirt-related problems.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Sibatti said:

Normal-length shirts are already "cropped shirts" to ladies like myself who got it goin' on in the chest region. Cropped shirts, therefore, become 90s-era belly shirts. No thank you.

Maurices is a great option as well. I love that store. They cut their clothing right.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Erzsebet - Uhh, there wasn't any drama going on from our end. I think you're reading intent into it that wasn't there.
  • I could really use a maid. Running out of clean clothes, drinking juice out of wineglasses because I ran out of cups ( I feel rather high class! ;) ). Can't stand the thought of any more effing chicken soup that claims to be 'homemade' from the store where ramen actually tastes better. I can't stand to finish the chix nuggets I made last week, they taste all weird. I'm actually getting sick of chicken. when I actually eat, it's usually choc popsicles or ramen. I keep forgetting I have cereal.
  • @Moirean -- The drama in a box wasn't referencing you, as it were.

Additionally, the posted rage was much more about the disproportionate reactions I've been having to everything because of this stupid birthcontrol shot than the target of said disproportionate rage.
    imageimage
    edited October 2014
    Ah, ok, was worried you thought we were trying to be drama/mean at you, and that wasn't the intent.

Re birth control: I swapped to the IUD. Insertion sucked because she hit the top of my uterus when measuring (worst flash of pain I've ever had in my entire life) and I was sore for a day or two and my body took a few weeks to adjust physically and hormonally - but after that, it's been amazingly easy and not noticeable. I haven't had a period in nearly a year. It's very low hormone (I use Mirena) and there are no-hormone options, as well. I definitely recommend it if you're in a state that'll cover birth control support/have health care (it's like nearly $2k out of pocket).
    AryanneElieEmelle
  • Taking my pills in 3 months blocks is my preferred method. I use to get intense endometriosis pain and monthly trips to the hospital until started on this regiment. No real mood swings either. But taking antibiotics for pneumonia and not taking being able to take my contraceptives.... Holy crap did I become a raging ball of angry/sad/jealous/frustrated energy and I'm pretty much sorry to everyone. Sorry.

(I guess I'm saying @Erzsebet I feel your ragey rage pain.)

Politics
  • @sibatti Oh man... For years work bought me men's shirts - which are normal-lengthedly long, but since I'm neither short, nor a pancake-chest, they just looked like tents on me. I begged for YEARS for them to finally buy me women's shirts. They finally bought me women's shirts.... And now I have to wear camisoles under them or else I flash everyone my belly constantly. I am -not- in good enough shape to pull that off. Not even sorta.

@Moirean Oh man, IUD is awesome. Insertion... well.. not so awesome. BUT! That brief and severe discomfort in order to avoid pregnancy? WORTH IT. I got copper, cause it'd last longer and let it flow without as risky of side effects. Just have one annoying side effect that hasn't gone away but none of the particularly crappy ones they warned me about in full "You knooow! You're young! You might want to have children before this is due to come out! If you do get knocked up, it'll be ectopic and we'll have to remove it." brow furrowing form, which was annoying that they kept harping on that... But otherwise so awesome.

MoireanEmelle
    Seriously. Nearly a year without a period. I cannot stress how amazing this is.
    AryanneAlissandra
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I login here and I'm reading and I see all these big-ass medical terms....

and I'm glad I have no fucking clue.

:D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AlissandraTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    You ladies are making me uncomfortable
    TragerAarbrok
  • edited October 2014
    You think you're uncomfortable with them talking about it, @jensen, try placement and removal. :P
    ArbreAryanneTragerSibattiAarbrokMoireanEmelle
  • So I walked into Gamestop today thinking I'd apply on a whim just for a between-classes job to fill some time and put some extra money in my pocket. Cool.

Filling out my application, this guy starts talking to me, we get talking about all sorts of stuff and what I want to do in the future when I graduate, etc. He cuts me off as I'm part-way through the application and says, "C'mon, let's get this interview started." Turns out he was the regional manager that was doing hiring there.

Interview goes flawlessly, and when asked if I had any questions, I asked about the potential to advance. He said that unlike the other few people he's hiring, he'd want to get me trained on other stuff faster, and assuming I lived up to what my paperwork and experience during the interview reflected, he'd try and push for me to get an upper management spot within a few months. Offered me the job there on the spot. Totally awesome, I'm stoked.

...Then he dropped the bomb on me that it's minimum wage (doable if I've got hours and I enjoy it, whatever) and that they can't technically hire non-seasonal staff right now, which means up until Thanksgiving there's a high chance that I may get a week or two with no hours whatsoever. Not so awesome, I've got bills to pay.

THE DILEMMA:

I've worked at a pharmacy back home for 6 years now that's about ~40 minutes away. It makes more money for sure, but I've got that drive (this place is only ~15 minutes) and I absolutely hate it. I've reached the point where I've done all I really can do there, and the manager and I tend to clash because she thinks I'm gunning for her management spot. Despite this, she offered me a spot whenever classes slow down/I need the extra cash.

Soooo... both of these places cater to my class schedule while I'm at university. I absolutely hate the one, but make more money, and there's a chance I would enjoy the other more but make less money.

I have no idea what to do.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    be happy
    AarbrokIshinEmellePerilunaHaven
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Withdrawal. I'm only going off of a single medication having been on it for a couple of months. I feel terrible for real addicts trying to get clean.
  • @Aldric: Don't go with Gamestop. Unless things have changed in the last few years, and I doubt they have, a lot of your hours are based on how many preorders and subscriptions to magazines you manage to push. I had a roommate who worked for a gamestop my last year of college and he never had anything good to say about the place.
    Aarbrok
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Aldric‌ don't work for Gamestop. I speak from experience. Again, things might have changed in the past few years but I doubt it. Your hours/etc are based off how successful you are at pestering people to reserve upcoming releases and buy their gamestop card. Literally the only measurement by which your worth as an employee is valued.
    Obyn
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Aldric: As mentioned above, I can add that I've heard similar things about Gamestop here in Sweden. Seems things don't even work in other countries for them. I'd be very wary if I were you.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Dont let the fluff of potentials fool you, you are a minimum wage part time salesperson, he disclosed that. Everyone I know who has worked for gamestop, stayed generally part time, even managers. Unlike above I have heard the pay and hours are quite bad, the job itself not entirely awful, but you deserve better than to sell yourself short like that @Aldric‌ :)
    ObynValenae
  • My opinions is depends on how bad you need money. A reliable/constant flow is better than stop, start, stop, stop, stop, start money.

Politics
    Riluo
  • The thing is, if your metrics (paid gamestop membership, preorders, game informer subscriptions) start to slip, your hours start to slip. Thus you can't push as many of the products they determine their metrics with, thus you get even less hours, and so on. What it amounts to is a highly stressful work environment that is very difficult to deal with.

On the other hand, your crop of people at any one gamestop may be great, I've heard good stories as well, just not as many as the bad.