House Merging...

12346»

Comments

• Yes, mortals have graced the Houses since time immemorial, it's nothing new. I think Alaron was in Nebre'seir before even Rou. Bouchard lost most its members because... the House didn't do what most of it's members wanted. Calling it ooc and underhanded is a defensible approach, though. We get House credits now? Cause really the only perk about Houses beyond rp is titling people. I guess having more perks would contribute to more concern beyond what pride gives. And I don't think the feeling in Lunare was "let's walk hand-in-hand with these mortals as equals", but rather, "These mortals wish to Serve us, let them." The same rp we've been doing for a decade now, but now conveniently the bane of the tenured tophouse Lunare.
    *unnecessary banner*
  • Whether it's nothing new or not, they are VAMPIRIC Houses.

Mortals never should have been in them, period.

Furthermore, the fact that there's so many of them with vampires spread between them is not a good thing. This change is definitely good for Aetolia. What's more, it's actually bringing people back to the game. I mean hell. I'm one of them.
    XavinAzraelPeriluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos

Fenrir said:
    What's more, it's actually bringing people back to the game. I mean hell. I'm one of them.
    Oh crap, quick, change it back!
    FenrirAxaiXavin
  • edited February 2013

Folks know my standing on "living" being "undead" houses....heck, Az wanted to see Lunare completely destroyed after he found out that they had the living, Yeleni, and spirit classed individuals in the house. Granted at this time Az is houseless, I as a player find it hard to try to justify being in a house and a guild and splitting the time to care about both but he's still passionate about them regardless.

Shoot, Az also detests the fact that there are "living Azudim" in Bloodloch...he refuses to cityfavor them - even if they're doing good for the city, doesn't speak to them, he basically refuses to even acknowledge their presence since there isn't anything that he can do about them being there.

Long live the undead, slay all the living! Yadda yadda, yep yep, that kinda stuff!

• edited February 2013
    @Azrael: Since when does Bloodloch accept living folk at all? And especially, why?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited February 2013
    Njiran said:
    @Azrael: Since when does Bloodloch accept living folk at all? And especially, why?
    Since forever? There were always conditions though. You needed to be Azudim and treatied with one of the guilds/Houses or something. The reason for this is because they didn't want to alienate some of the mixed guilds they had at the time (Like the Infernals and Indorani). Plus the fact that at the time Azudim were considered Generals of Undeath and Destruction.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited February 2013
    Ohh. For some reason I always thought that if you wanted to be a citizen of Bloodloch (as opposed to just entering the city) you had to be undead or a vampire. I never knew there were exceptions for Azudim. Thanks for clearing that up.

(Personally, I find it weird though that that exception still applies since there seem plenty of living Azudim in Duiran (and possibly Eno?) nowadays.)
    Njiran said:
    Ohh. For some reason I always thought that if you wanted to be a citizen of Bloodloch (as opposed to just entering the city) you had to be undead or a vampire. I never knew there were exceptions for Azudim. Thanks for clearing that up.

(Personally, I find it weird though that that exception still applies since there seem plenty of living Azudim in Duiran (and possibly Eno?) nowadays.)
    Yeah, it's a little weird but again I imagine if they changed it now they'd lose more than they'd gain by enforcing complete Undeath within the city. Some of them still hold to that old tradition however despite the fact that the Azudim origin/lore was retconned. While unlikely, I'm curious to know if the living Azudim are considered second-class citizens or are deemed anything subpar to the majority.
    havenbanner2
  • They were never considered that before and a lot of their big-name people were living azudim for a long time.

Xavin said:
    They were never considered that before and a lot of their big-name people were living azudim for a long time.
    That's what I figured but wasn't sure.
    havenbanner2
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I could be wrong here, but I think the reason they allowed them in was specifically because they were big name people. The Azudim thing just became a convenient reason. At the time though, the endgame races really were broken down by side of the game.
    Arbre
  • Yep, friends of friends who were friends with the Keeper that made the change from completely undead to being all undead unless you're azudim.

There's only a handful that I can think of, but yeah, Az still absolutely hates it. Tra, Alex, and I'm not sure of the others?
  • edited February 2013
    Mazzion was one, Tralendar, Anya, Alexina (after it was precedent). Kikon maybe?

A lot of them were, from what I understand, people fleeing Spinesreach for some reason.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think most of the people didn't even realize there were living Azudim.  I had multiple people just assume I was undead while I was living Azudim Overlord.