Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Oh, I know. I've tried to push the envelope in seeing what is/isn't kosher for cities to request in the past.

On the subject of ideas, I really wish someone would swipe the code for the swing I got made up in the Spirean gardens and apply it to craftable swings since it gives a neat message when you sit on it and push it, or if you push someone already sitting on it.

I've also always been fond of the weather code for the reflecting pool up in Spines too, so I'd definitely love seeing more 'seasonal' code stuff in other places.
    ArekaMoirean
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher

HavenAshmer
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You give a mouse a prison...
    JensenAshmerFaerah
    It'd be pretty neat if a ministry could make official sub-roles, and cities could make official ministries beyond the existing ones. These would be pretty much just roleplayed/player-led, as far as the powers/privs/duties, but it would be really cool to have an official/visible way to recognize player-created sub-organizations to our orgs. Jensen, for example, has made this really cool division of his aides within the security ministry - being able to see that written down somewhere OFFICIAL and see a line on stat would be REALLY COOL for people. Maybe make city privs into investible things so you could toss stuff like CHELP and favor and projects into a custom ministry.

Also, all of the above for guilds and orders.
    KonnornJensenInfin
    The Ironmaw always needs more
    Ishin
    For the love of Varian, could the venom rag be sold as a credit artifact? Keeping 300+ vials up to decent levels is such a pain in the ass
    AshmerAishiaIshinBenedictoInfin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Jensen said:

For the love of Varian, could the venom rag be sold as a credit artifact? Keeping 300+ vials up to decent levels is such a pain in the ass

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinJensenBenedicto
  • Traded in my venom rag.

Bought chests. :p
    AishiaInfin
    One day you will play a weaponry class that needs like 5 of each venom type and 10 of the frequent use ones, and you will remember the language tokens, gold, and abstract hunting sets you got instead of every venom in 1 item. I will be there on that day and welcome you to the club
    IshinAshmer
  • Probably. But man 500 iron coins tradein?
    I only gathered iron coins for the rag trading them in defeats the purpose
  • But that was before you could spend iron coins on CHESTS! Plus, I got the rag from a chest. So, I mean. I dunno. Maybe I'll regret it someday.
  • Rashar said:

But that was before you could spend iron coins on CHESTS! Plus, I got the rag from a chest. So, I mean. I dunno. Maybe I'll regret it someday.

They flagged your posts for turning in your rag to buy chests. If you win another rag from those chests, keep it to yourself or they might come after you.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • Rashar said:

But that was before you could spend iron coins on CHESTS! Plus, I got the rag from a chest. So, I mean. I dunno. Maybe I'll regret it someday.

Where can you do this? I have all these coins for some reason and I want to get rid of them.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You can buy fragments for 10 coins each, 3 fragments fused to become a chest.
    Elie
  • Ah, okay, thank you. That's a good rate!

• It would be absolutely positively amazing if org leaders could be given access to the EVENTS syntax. Gone would be the OOC notes in news posts, gone would be the excuses of 'But I thought Severin was on a Wednesday!' and gone would be the poor translations of game days to real days.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanValingarKerrynHavenTragerInfin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Can we get some sort of quest (like the cure) to allow people to change back to Tekal in case they need to switch races? With BL having RP reasons to ban Yeleni, and with the dark side having so few active admin, it can be rough for someone trying to switch races to be able to be allied/join BL. I know someone who has, from my rough estimate, been waiting over a RL month to change races. I know another character who hasn't been able to find an admin that works with their RP to help with it. They've been waiting several RL months at this point.

Allowing players to not entirely rely on admin for this change would be good.

TeaniMoirean
  • Seems like a reject essence command would be just fine, you know? Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any reason it would affect game balance to he able to do that.
    SolariaTrager
    Make a command PRAY TO REINCARNATE INTO (Yeleni/Idreth/Azudim) costs the god X essence (needs to be approved first) and basically just brings up a queue to them of who wants to be reincarnated. Lets the divine have a list they can check and each order can set their own requirements before the god will push it through.
    Areka
  • That's cool, Jensen. I like that, but only for getting a race back. Shouldn't cost you to strip back to Tekal. Or maybe it should and I don't understand the way it works ICly. Idreth shouldn't require a God, and if you can transcend to Idreth it seems reasonable you'd be able to reject essence. Maybe @damariel or one of the gurus could clarify?
    Only thing I don't get with that, Jensen, is that you aren't required to follow a god to become any of the races. You just choose to do it whichever way. Now, you can RP it as getting it from a god, but it's definitely not a required thing anymore. Was from the early days, iirc. I was able to instill either without even a congregation.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    How about we up the ante, since the reincarnation crystal is 100 cr, and something that people pay for to reincarnate before endgame. Create an endgame equivalent so it still has some sort of ...repercussion or something....some sort of racial severity, because people do RP their endgame race quite good and well.

an etched phial of containment

UNCORK phial

Uncorking the phial, the air around you shudders and your very fibers release the constituents which make you precisely what you are. Left no more than a husk, you feel weak and empty. The phial falls from your grasp, breaking apart on the ground and releasing the final wisps of essence freely. Everything goes black and the familiar sight of death embraces you.
    Solaria
    Aarbrok said:

How about we up the ante, since the reincarnation crystal is 100 cr, and something that people pay for to reincarnate before endgame. Create an endgame equivalent so it still has some sort of ...repercussion or something....some sort of racial severity, because people do RP their endgame race quite good and well.

an etched phial of containment

UNCORK phial

Uncorking the phial, the air around you shudders and your very fibers release the constituents which make you precisely what you are. Left no more than a husk, you feel weak and empty. The phial falls from your grasp, breaking apart on the ground and releasing the final wisps of essence freely. Everything goes black and the familiar sight of death embraces you.

I likes this, personally. You can pay to change your non-endgame race and sex, why not endgame?

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I should be able to change with adaptation, too, imo. Put a cooldown on it or whatever.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    BenedictoAarbrokJensenMoireanSolariaSibattiHaven
    edited October 2014
    The economics in Aetolia frustrate me. I want to be vamp to dabble in that RP and skills and houses, but concoctions are way more profitable. I make like 75k-100k a week in concotions - because 3/4 of the game uses them. Plus, as an Indorani, I can double-dip in both, so that only makes being living more attractive. I also want to forge and cannot do that with my other skills, and self-cures have a huge combat/pve advantage. I really dislike the restrictive mercantile skills and the undead/living curing divide.

Idea?

- Make curing uniform. It's dumb it's two things and just makes stuff overly complicated, especially for new players. It also means that living darkies like me can milk both markets - that's probably unfair.
    - Find an extra use for inks, because they are gonna because pointless if you delete reanimation. Fold them into concoctions, integrate them into some ylem thing, give us some cool scribe talent that uses them, etc.
    - Make logbooks a permanent artifact.
    - OR make mercantile skills a multiclass option. Make it require purchase of a multiclass slot and a CD'd swap to use.
  • Moirean said:

The economics in Aetolia frustrate me. I want to be vamp to dabble in that RP and skills and houses, but concoctions are way more profitable. I make like 75k-100k a week in concotions - because 3/4 of the game uses them. Plus, as an Indorani, I can double-dip in both, so that only makes being living more attractive. I also want to forge and cannot do that with my other skills, and self-cures have a huge combat/pve advantage. I really dislike the restrictive mercantile skills and the undead/living curing divide.

Idea?

- Make curing uniform. It's dumb it's two things and just makes stuff overly complicated, especially for new players. It also means that living darkies like me can milk both markets - that's probably unfair.
    - Find an extra use for inks, because they are gonna because pointless if you delete reanimation. Fold them into concoctions, integrate them into some ylem thing, give us some cool scribe talent that uses them, etc.
    - Make logbooks a permanent artifact.
    - OR make mercantile skills a multiclass option. Make it require purchase of a multiclass slot and a CD'd swap to use.

I agree, Moi, that the dual system is irritating. Though, I do like it from an IC perspective because these undead folks eating organs to regenerate theirs... just kind of a neat idea. SO, here's a theory...

Allow for both, but when it is being sold in a shop it becomes amorphous and conforms to the end-user. I.e., you go and harvest a bajillion moss. You put it up for sale. Then a nifty undead kiddo comes strolling on up and buys 1000 'herbinmostdemand'. Poof, the 1000 moss becomes 1000 liver or whatever the unicorns it is in the undead curing. Would solve the issue that there aren't really any undead curatives sold in Spinesreach.

Now that I look over your suggestions, I like the multiclass slot option the best tho. Good for generating credits.
    Ishin
  • I wouldn't mind if we could set a toggle that gives you the choice to display/output in terms of the cure type of your choice.

So for example if I wanted to play an undead character and using a living system, I could "config cure_type living". From the 1P point of view, everything would remain as herbs, pipes, salves. I could "eat goldenseal", and would eat a liver slice instead. However, from the 3P point of view, everything is as per what an undead character should be doing. It will look like I'm eating liver slices.

I think it would do a lot to ease the coding hassle, especially for people who aren't too anal about immersion/their own cure messages, or are just able to overlook it and imagine they're still eating the undead stuff. Like yours truly. And who is dying to play the undead classes.
    IshinSibatti
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I think @Moirean might have already mentioned this, but...

Can we have city and guild-level EVENTS queues? So like, I can check CEVENTS or GEVENTS and it'll say like...

cevents
    # Name ETA
    35 Fright Night 192hrs

OR

gevents
    # Name ETA
    1 Shop Design Contest 72 hours
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AlissandraJensenMoirean