Short Questions

Comments

• Xavin said:
    1v1 combat still happens,
    lolk
    AlistaireEmelleHaydynLuna
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm sure you know all about it, idling at the West Gate.
    EzalorHaydynHadoryuAarbrokIllikaal
  • I'm sure you know all about it, pretentiously roleplaying.
    HaydynIllikaal
  • Ladies, you're both pretty.

Rivas said:
    Arti weapon runes don't work on icons, do they?

So...anyone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Never tried, but as icons don't have stats, they most likely do not.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Could I get a basic rundown of how salve-pushing and limb damage strategies work? Is the goal to brak all limbs at once, is it possible for weapon classes like Sent or Templar to constantly keep a limb broken on their opponent?
  • Sentinels aren't designed to be a limb breaking class. They had a really irritating salve offense that was good for just nothing more than trollery and general annoyance. But you can thank Luna for it no longer being possible, as it rightfully shouldn't be. 

Sentinels are designed (from what I can see from it) to be an herb abuse class that pushes balance through intelligent usage of traps and their other utility skills. How strong it is currently I can't say because I've never played a Sentinel, nor do I know the skillset very intimately. But you're due for a rework soon, so I don't really know what to say. 

As far as 'salve pushing' goes in the case of Sentinels - It's nonexistant. You CAN use salve balance to your advantage by catching them restoring and abusing that to help you secure a lock, but that's about it. They're not meant to capitalize on limb breaks like how Lycanthropes, Monks, and KickassTeradrim do. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Luna
  • Xavin said:
    it's 75,000 gold to join the sect. 1v1 combat still happens, the sect encourages players to participate.
    I still can't figure out how 75K encourages 1v1 combat.  You can team fight for free.
  • Yeah, I said that too but then I got trollbombed by a mod.

Stay classy.
    Luna
  • It's 75000 to join an organization that is designed to give things to you for doing 1v1 combat. If you can't figure out how that would encourage 1v1 combat then I don't know what to say to you.

• edited February 2013
    It costs nothing to do group combat that's designed to give things to you (ylem). Why should we need to pay giant amounts of gold to do 1v1 combat?

I'll put it this way: it doesn't 'encourage' combat if my first reaction (and I imagine many others) is "I have to pay for this? And how much? Pass." I'd say it's the opposite.
  • I would rather pay to AVOID group combat than engage in it for free.

I see no problem with paying to get into the org. And I plan on it. Because teams are boring and dumb and everyone who likes them is wrong. Obviously.
    Xavin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    People have said over and over that they want 1vs1, not team fights since much of the game is already dominated by team fights, and from my understanding, most team fights tend to be more about who's got the bigger, badder posse to take down the other team where solo combat is more about technical skill and complete understanding of your class mechanics - it's more challenging. For a lot of people, beating someone one-on-one is way more satisfying than just trouncing people with a gank squad.

Also, 75k really isn't that much money. At endgame, you can earn that much in a few full runs of Xanhaal, and if you aren't hauling in that much, you're doing something wrong. >.>
    IllikaalHaydynXavin
  • Phoenecia said:
    People have said over and over that they want 1vs1, not team fights since much of the game is already dominated by team fights, and from my understanding, most team fights tend to be more about who's got the bigger, badder posse to take down the other team where solo combat is more about technical skill and complete understanding of your class mechanics - it's more challenging. For a lot of people, beating someone one-on-one is way more satisfying than just trouncing people with a gank squad.

Also, 75k really isn't that much money. At endgame, you can earn that much in a few full runs of Xanhaal, and if you aren't hauling in that much, you're doing something wrong. >.>
    Nothing more needs to be said. Hang it up. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ezrax said:
    It costs nothing to do group combat that's designed to give things to you (ylem). Why should we need to pay giant amounts of gold to do 1v1 combat?

I'll put it this way: it doesn't 'encourage' combat if my first reaction (and I imagine many others) is "I have to pay for this? And how much? Pass." I'd say it's the opposite.
    It costs no more than a reason to do 1v1 combat. What you're paying for is essentially an endless tournament where your PK cause is provided for you and the potential access to a powerful artifact plus a private building of sorts. So in essence, it does encourage 1v1 as it not only is an alternate outlet but it has incentives that aren't just XP or arena gold.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Xavin
  • 75k for THUNDERDOME!!

Amara
  • Anyone else having layout issues with the forum. It seems all meh!
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • To put aside some speculation about the Sect and its 75,000 entry cost, you are not "paying for 1v1 combat." You are paying to become a member of an organization that brings with it special privileges, rewarding the most dedicated duelists with unique recognition you will not be able to obtain anywhere else. We have not even revealed what awaits members of the Sect once they gain access to the Hall of Blades.

So, in short - you're gaining quite a bit more than "1v1 combat." 
    LinDharAarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Forum question!
    I accidentally managed to hide one of the discussion categories (instead if marking it as read) and now I can't find a way to get it back to visible. Can someone help me, please?

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Does anyone remember the syntax for sending messages to mobs and denizen? I know that you have to be in the same room but I can't find it in any of the help files and I can't seem to locate the announce post for it. :(
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    mobmessage

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Piper
  • Teani said:
    Forum question!
    I accidentally managed to hide one of the discussion categories (instead if marking it as read) and now I can't find a way to get it back to visible. Can someone help me, please?
    When I marked one to "hide" it, it still was shown in the listing. Simply click on the gear again and choose "unhide".
    imageimage

Haydyn said:
    Teani said:
    Forum question!
    When I marked one to "hide" it, it still was shown in the listing. Simply click on the gear again and choose "unhide".
    Mine has disappeared from the listing, so I can't find a gear to click. Is there somewhere else I can find it maybe, rather than the 'Home' page?

Yeah, my OOC section is missing from that list. Can't see even a hint of it so no way of bringing up the gear and click or undo anything.

• So if Lunare is the biggest House because they take anyone and anything, including preggos (until recently), which House has the most active combatants?

If the answer to this question is not the same as above, which is generally the most respected by the playerbase OOCly and considered less of a snuggly organization?

*Note: This isn't an attempt to upset anyone in Lunare, or any resident snuggly fangers, it's simply 5:35am and I'm all out of tact for the day. :>
    Demarcus
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2013
    Fenrir said:
    So if Lunare is the biggest House because they take anyone and anything, including preggos (until recently), which House has the most active combatants?

If the answer to this question is not the same as above, which is generally the most respected by the playerbase OOCly and considered less of a snuggly organization?

*Note: This isn't an attempt to upset anyone in Lunare, or any resident snuggly fangers, it's simply 5:35am and I'm all out of tact for the day. :>
    Dar'sroth had a ton of combatants, up until all the side hoppers hopped back to Duiran. There aren't actually that many active elite combatants left in the Houses. Ilyon and Xarian are in Bahir'an, Haedyn and Claire are D'baen.

I'm obviously biased here but D'baen and Bahir'an are the two who have stuck most firmly to the strict, formal, uptight Consanguine theme. If you're looking for the oldschool, Abhorash's vision style then these two are your best bets. Both -only- accept Consanguine and those aspiring to be Consanguine; the other Houses are more lax with accepting Undead and, though Lunare was the biggest offender, some of the other ones accepted living as well up until recently. Ve'kahi is more liberal from what I've seen, less uptight and more free-flowing. They're a meshing of Ve'kahi and Voltaire members. Of course, this is just the general House attitude; there are vastly varying personalities in D'baen and I imagine the same is true across all the Houses. I have no idea what's going on in Nebre'seir, half their members left to become the current Lunare brigade and another half left a month or two ago. Bouchard I have even less of an idea about.

Abhorash has actually begun defining roles for the Dominion Houses. Bahir'an's is to interpret and scribe Abhorash's will from what I understand. D'baen's is to create and enforce codes of behavior and decorum for the Consanguine race as a whole; we're bringing the elitist, Nobility, living-are-cattle thing across all Consanguine. I have no idea what Ve'kahi's role is, they're the third House currently in the Dominion.

tl;dr: Propaganda.
    Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    The first time the Vamp houses have actually seemed appealing.
  • Hm, so are all 'Undead' Houses now going to be Consanguine-only Houses?