Go, Hunt for Her (Detailing Lin's Disappearance)

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
This is a two-part log, in which Lin al-Akir, my most storied character, is "retired." The first section details the transformation of Lin and Elanth into Azudim, and the beginning of Lin's downfall. The second section is her final moment.

I've tried to keep it clear what things are illusions or me playing with the thought command (Iosyne is notably great about playing off your thoughts), but because I can't do any fancy color-coding on Pastebin, you'll just have to figure things out yourself.

^ clicky clicky ^
Lin and Elanth have just finished an ambassadorial meeting with Borscin and Ellenia. Elanth's plan was to goad either of the two Bloodlochians into attacking, with the intention of making the meeting look like a spectacular failure. It works, and after a brief PK Happening, the couple escape to Lin's office in Spinesreach.

Months before, Lin had made an arrangement with Iosyne to be given a new body -- one for Elanth, as well. While Lin is attempting to pen a transcript of the meeting, the Goddess summons both to Her realm.

Notes:
  • The collar: Lin and Elanth had that kind of thing. It shouldn't surprise anyone mildly familiar with a D/s relationship.
  • The mark: Lin used to wear a special mark on her forehead to denote her as a favorite of Omei. Following Omei's betrayal of her and the attempted destruction of the Syssin guild, Lin scarred it up with her claws, canceling its magic. Even before this log, Iosyne warped it further - it tends to itch, especially when She is near.

^ clicky clicky ^
A long time passes. Lin left the Syssin, has made a complete fool of herself in the political arena, and lost most of her friends, whether to negligence or a falling out. Her Azudim's body has evolved, and now she is a strange creature covered in chitinous, bonelike armor plating. Having recently given her daughter away to Kiyotan, there is very little left for her - piece by piece, she's putting her life away, as if tidying a hotel room before she leaves.

This log occurs after Lin spends months in the Morgun Forest, hunting for the Goddess Omei. Only when she meets Emelle, the Nightmare's Eye, does she realize Omei will not appear to her. Furious and frustrated, she wanders around Iosyne's Lair.
EmelleIosyneEdhainCalipso

Comments

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Gah, this is so cool.  I'm anxious to see what the next chapter will be, and afraid it's going to be a long wait.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited February 2013
    It'll be a while, yeah.

Also I'd like to give a shout-out to Iosyne here, She's a pretty excellent goddess and as you can clearly see, the RP is scary and visceral. The order needs more than just PK whores! Join uuuup.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This is just fantastic, by everyone involved! Seeing this makes me happy to play this game, just knowing these things happen out there, even if it feels like I only stumble on some inkling of rp somewhere out in the fringes.

This is what builds a character. Almost makes me wish my character was fit for Iosyne's Order, but Teani really doesn't. Also makes me wish all Divine were like this, to some degree, interacting with their followers in some way to make them feel like they are appreciated.

Keep it up!

EdhainEmelleLin
  • This was a fantastic read. I'm admittedly just a bit jealous that you seem to be a magnet for RP with the gods, but every interaction you have with them is well-deserved after seeing the products of said interactions. Watching Lin and Omei's story unravel from an outside perspective has definitely been like following a series of your favorite novels that jerk and jeer around, leaving you with no idea what-so-freaking-ever is going to happen next.

I really do hope that the next person to pick up Omei will take up this plot and do something with it, there's a lot of potential for the story to continue. Kudos!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've come to the conclusion that if you want to RP with the Gods, you RP with them.  They don't come to you randomly - you ping the batguana out of their omni until they show up, if only to shut you up.
    EmelleLin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • Everyone says that when they become Celani. :P
    IosyneOrisae
  • I am still trying to remember, who is this Lin person?!

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Bad MUDsexer.
    Arbre said:
    I've come to the conclusion that if you want to RP with the Gods, you RP with them.  They don't come to you randomly - you ping the batguana out of their omni until they show up, if only to shut you up.
    What, as opposed to holing yourself away and wishing they'd decide to see you at random? You're crazy!
  • Loved it.