Cardie Mallore

Let the insanity commence. I'm certain you know what to do here.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Cardie tells you: // I AM CHUCK UNICORNING NORRIS! 

That is the extent of our interacting I am afraid. 

That being said, I think a fine foundation has been laid!  ;)
    MoireanCardie
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I like Cardie! As far as first impressions go, you made a really good one, between working with Volka on her Teshen dissection, and carrying on a pretty philosophical conversation with her and Eleanor, which makes his professor-dom that much more believable. I like the little interactions you throw in too, and the believable emotional reactions to other people. 
    Cardie
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Even though we haven't interacted much, I appreciate it so much when people will be generous enough to just chuck out a couple of emotes in passing, so thank you for that!
  • Bumping this, because it's been a few years. I would love to see what people think now, compared to the past!
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Sessi loves talking to Cardie, cause he's almost always bubbly and fun. We just need to really sit down and rp properly soon. Something a bit more in depth than Sessi kicking him for blowing up Atarah. :D

We will make it happen! Loves!
    Cardie
  • You have the writing skill and speed to be a quality roleplayer, and I enjoyed talking with you OOC, but I find your character tends way too far towards the 'wacky' end of the spectrum to take them seriously in RP.
    LinCardie
  • Mihaketi said:

You have the writing skill and speed to be a quality roleplayer, and I enjoyed talking with you OOC, but I find your character tends way too far towards the 'wacky' end of the spectrum to take them seriously in RP.

That is something that has also been developing, slowly.
    There -was- a point when his wacky was something that was important, and through RP, he has tried to become a bit more serious.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Gotta agree with Mihaketi I'm afraid. I remember we used to RP a bit back in Lin's Spirean days - these days, the goofy shouting makes me completely disinterested in approaching.
  • Lin said:

Gotta agree with Mihaketi I'm afraid. I remember we used to RP a bit back in Lin's Spirean days - these days, the goofy shouting makes me completely disinterested in approaching.

Awesome :smiley:
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Axius finds the guy a bit loudmouthed, and has taken a personal approach of, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."..but with headbopping. But all in all? He seems like a good guy, just.. a bit loudmouthed is all, XD. Wants to be a force of nature by the sound of him, but is ultimately silly and goofy from my interactions and what I pick up from 'em.
    Cardie
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Cardie is a pretty good character. Can be wacky at times, but knows when to be serious. Though when Cardie is serious...it's pretty much time to run away really quick-like. Just keep being you.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Cardie
  • As someone entirely biased, I do have to say that anyone who thinks Cardie is too wacky just hasn't RP'd with him enough. He's significantly more serious than his wife.

I also avoid people who shout in general on principal because 9 out of 10 shouts are utter nonsense about dumb stuff like "come fite me bro" and other penis-waving crap.

All in all, A++, would definitely recommend to others.
    Cardie
  • I'll get right on correcting my RP to suit everyone's sensibilities.

Went from Affirmation to creativity roasting.
    Isn't that what you all are no supposed to be doing? What went so wrong in your days that you feel the need to attack my creativity? 

People can have mudwhores and werewolf things that can't speak, but gods forbid someone create someone suffering from mental disabilities.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Cardie said:

I would love to see what people think

Might wanna edit your post.
  • I'm sorry that my post has upset you. It was not a personal attack, just a statement of opinion, which is what I thought these threads were for.

I will delete my post if you wish.
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    Mate, you need to take a big step back and consider what you're saying to others. You're doing what you're accusing them of. Now, I haven't extensively RP'd at you because my character doesn't tend to branch out to people and I won't assume to know why Cardie acts the way he does. There are things others just don't feel like being around and that's okay. Some people don't like certain types of RP and sometimes first impressions may affect how we go about interacting. It happens, we're human. Now, hopefully this thread gets back on track and people can drop their affirmations for your character.

• edited March 2017
    Wildly inappropriate comments were removed - there's a difference between critique and attack. What was offered may seem harsh, but it wasn't phrased in any way that was inappropriate or overtly aggressive. Your responses, on the other hand, were the exact opposite.

If you do not like the responses posted here or feel personally attacked, please report the posts and get in touch with the moderators, or make a request and we can close the thread for you - which will be the ultimate result should the blatant attacks continue.
  • edited March 2017
    Tch, otay. Whatevah joo say, suh.
  • All things considered, play the character the way you want. If other characters don't respond favorably, that's fine. The opinions of other players shouldn't have much of a bearing on you as a player if you don't really intend to RP with their characters, either.
    OisynneSeirCardieBufordLinAxiusMihaketi
  • I agree with Fezzix. Play the way that makes you happy to play. Not everyone can like everyone. For instance, I strongly dislike one certain character that 99% of people I've met seem to adore, and will mostly not interact with them unless they're right there interacting with me.

Spinesreach likes you just fine. You just be you.
    Cardie
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    What @Fezzix and @Oisynne said. I have encountered numerous characters that everyone seem to love that I can't stand, still happen from time to time, but if I don't want anything to do with them, I stay away from them. If people don't like Sessi, they can stay clear of her. And if people can't stand your wonderfully happy self, they can stay clear of you! I like Cardie, cause he makes Sessi smile. And I like you as a player, since you make me smile too. Stay true to what you want in the game. <3
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    I've not directly interacted with Cardie short of altercations at lessers, but from what I have seen via shouts, he seems like a fun sort of character that would make for an excellent foil to someone more level-headed and righteous like Dzekk. Sometimes the "mad mage" trope gets overplayed, but you manage to contain it to a point where it's not overbearingly maniacal, and level it out with just enough of a serious undertone to warrant a bit of respect. Maybe we'll run into each other down the road and I'll get to see if my theory is right! Keep it up.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    CardieKarhastOisynne