Aetolian AMA

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It was one of those sex mushes, wasn't it.

Emelle
  • Ah, that explains the obsession with 'gloop gloop'. 
    MoireanOleisTrigru
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Sarkis said:

@Everyone - If you could make your own faction in the game, what would it be?

I've had a bunch. I've always wanted to create a merchant trade union, a league of explorers/loremasters a la Indiana Jones, or the Aetolian version of the Assassins from Assassins Creed. >_>
    Haven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Arebre - Back when Resi was a Luminary his angel was named Ish-something. I just took it and made it Ish-in when I made this character. Nobody knew who I was for the longest time, 'till Ravek slipped up :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Faction question:

I think I pretty much already did that with Sarita's bloodline clan.

Name:

A patient at the pharmacy where I worked at the time had the name. I think she was Indian, but the name sort of stuck in my head as "little princess" because the Hebew name Sarah means princess, and -ita in Spanish gets added to give that "little" addition. Sarita's name was Kellet at the time, but I namechanged when I got home that night because it seemed fitting.
    IshinAryanne
  • Name: Sarkis is Armenian for "protector" or "shepard". I thought it was cool and I've had a long appreciation of Armenian culture. Aneneas is a butchered version of "Aeneas", from the Aeneid by Vergil.
    ArekaEmelle
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    The Eyes of God books, shamefully. My favorite series to read growing up. My first mud, I was Lukien, based around Lukien, the Bronze Butcher of Liria. For Aetolia, I chose Trager, Lukien's ill-tempered second-in-command. (He is definitely a bastard, I think I have hit the nail on the head quite well there.)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Aryanne
  • edited September 2014
    My Celani name was adopted as a rough Latin translation of a screen name I tend to use elsewhere. The suffix 'Obscurum', which I added to it recently, is a more direct reference to it.

EDIT: They're two adjectives, referring to an (omitted) gender-neutral subject, that basically describe the subject, whatever it is, as being dark, mysterious, and obscure.
    AshmerEmelle
  • I used Gwenith in a medieval style RPI as a short funky version of Guinevere. When I joined Aetolia I wasn't allowed to use my favourite girl RP name (Benedict) and I didn't want to use a name I had used in other IRE games so I fell back on Gwenith.

Politics
    Emelle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    For Ecikoria I picked the name of a flower I had recently learned that has this incredible blue color and then added an "E" at the beginning.

For Irea I mashed the keyboard and picked from the keys I had struck to form a feminine name (sort of)

For Teani I stole the name from my favorite Feist books, but she is nothing like the book character.

• Idk just randomly mash letters together until I liked something.
  • I stole Konnorn from a friends rpg character cause I like the sound of it. It's been out of use for over 10 years, but it's a name that stuck with me.

• Arya Stark
    +nne

Because she was/is my favourite character from the books, but no way could I play anyone that awesome, so I girlified it more, conveniently making it a less-blatant ripoff in the process

EmelleHaven
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I got Benedicto because I'd recently watched Oceans 11 and the game wouldn't let me have Benedict (from Terry Benedict). So, I tacked an "o" on because it made the name sound Latin and fortunately the guild I liked the look of most (the Sentaari) made what was essentially a match made in Monastic Heaven.
    AryanneEmelle
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    People made Solaria's name for me when discussing me making a new character. Think it was Freya, Bragon, and even maybe Van. Think someone liked Solar, and then we added the 'ia' to be like my original character.

Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited September 2014
    (NO IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF POKEMON)

I knew I was making an Atabahi, A group of like six of us migrated over from Achaea together, and I 'googled' Male werewolf names, There was this thing about Whiterun(waitno thats Skyrim)...Whitewolf, Whitewater, Gefiltefish...I dont know... that listed pack names. Mind you I know/knew nothing about werewolves, and Aarbrok was the first name on the list.

I shrugged and was like...welp...How does this sound.
    Everyone in the Achaean skype call was like...(Sounds like a Pokemon)

...too late, WTF is Slaver's Isle
    TeaniAryanneTragerEmelleIshin
  • Zeksagmek is the name of the most bamf dragon that existed for over a year on a MUD called Medievia. Game ran to 1k players on at its peak, and then the creator kinda went nuts/started doing meth (my theory based on his ravings I've read). Said dragon ended up finally being slain with the concentrated efforts of about four hundred people. Infinite scaling mobs due to failure to kill ftw. :)
  • Maite is a female given name of Basque origin meaning beloved. I usually pick names that have a meaning. A concept for the meaning.

It is technically supposed to be said as MY-tay, but I prefer the soft of Mah-tay.
  • Razmael told me I needed to hurry up and pick up a name, so I mashed my keys together and wound up with Nevlar.

...Well it wasn't so much 'hurry up' but I mean the pressure was on, and I didn't give it very much thought. But now I'm Nevlar, so that's cool.
    AryanneIshin
  • I decided it would be edgy for a boy to have a girl's name.
    Emelle
  • When I was like 12, I played this really cool and underrated King Arthur-themed game for Game Cube. I only rented it so I didn't have it long, but my favorite character on there was Bors. Bors was taken on Achaea, so I just sort of fiddled until I realized 'rs' could be turned into a sort of 'z' sound if you worked at it, so Boz was born. When I came to Aetolia, I didn't want to make Boz again, so I made Toz. T for Task/Templar I guess, since he was duty-ish.

Also Kog is literally just Cog with a K, because I'm kreative.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanTragerEmelle
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I wanted something plain-sounding, but didn't want to actually use a common girls' name. A made up variation on Emily.
    Aryanne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    It's a Tashalan name from the Forgotten Realms 3rd Ed splatbook.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Sibatti:
    - Do you think we will be seeing you return to politics?
    - Anything you're especially proud of from your reign, now that you've had a few years to reflect?
    - Any regrets/things you would have done different?
    - What's Sibatti's take on today's Enorian?

@Benedicto:
    - What would Bene pick, if forced to choose: his daughter or his city?
    - What's Bene's take on the Light, these days?
    - Would Bene take Vanguard again, if the opportunity arose?

@Arbre:
    - Do you think we'll be seeing Arbre dabble in politics, now that she's a darkie?
    - Does Arbre REALLY want to be a Knight, or simply just belong somewhere?

@Ishin:
    - Umadbro?
    @Moirean - Ish is almost always cranky about something or another lol. Well, not always, but it seems like that when it comes to certain things, he just naturally becomes surly and combative.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Ishin - a real question or two:
    - What inspires Ishin currently?
    - How does he view Moi (in particular her as Chair), given that he used to be CL himself and once booted her from the city?
    - What's Ishin's current view of Spines, especially in regard to the relatively few fighters we have?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:

- Do you think we'll be seeing Arbre dabble in politics, now that she's a darkie?

Probably eventually. It's a part of the game that I, as a player, love doing, but right now I'm just too burnt out to do anything.
    Moirean said:

- Does Arbre REALLY want to be a Knight, or simply just belong somewhere?

She thinks the Knighthood can bring her a bit of stability she needs to make a stable base. A lot of it IS belonging somewhere, but she is also starting to care about what the guild is.
    Moirean
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Moirean
    Moirean said:

- Do you think we will be seeing you return to politics?

No current plans for it, though I seem to be failing at this commitment so far. I think it will be difficult to avoid contributing in some fashion, since I'm not a big backseat type of person.
    Moirean said:

- Anything you're especially proud of from your reign, now that you've had a few years to reflect?

If I had to narrow it down to one particular, it would be that there was an impact and positive feelings and associations, a sort of magical era that I occasionally see people refer to it as being. The energy and the delight that was raised as an end product of all of that momentum was something rather special in itself.
    Moirean said:

- Any regrets/things you would have done different?

Nope.
    Moirean said:

- What's Sibatti's take on today's Enorian?

Sibatti actually has not had an opportunity to visit. She's still adjusting to a 'normal' life and remembering things.
    Moirean
    Moirean said:

@Ishin - a real question or two:
    - What inspires Ishin currently?
    - How does he view Moi (in particular her as Chair), given that he used to be CL himself and once booted her from the city?
    - What's Ishin's current view of Spines, especially in regard to the relatively few fighters we have?

1. He loves his Syssin. Always has, always will(not counting the Syndicate days. Syndiwho?).

2. He thinks Moirean does a good job, so do I. There are times when we're like O M F G, but thankfully those are few and far between. He doesn't like the republic setup very much, because he feels like it caters to people 'who are too weak and can't handle their own shit, and can just complain and get people in trouble.' I think it works okay, but the structure is weird for me too, considering it was very despotic(?) when I ran it.

3. Spinesreach has never been about the fighters to Ishin. He just enjoys the place. Its history, it's culture, even if the current majority of the city is a bunch of drunkards. He doesn't get trashed for a reason - it leaves him unready for combat. I, as a player, probably belong much more in Bloodloch, but I don't want to go there, because I like Spines and the Syssin especially far too much. I really think that if each city were forced into a position where they -had- to stand on their own, you'd see far different cultures and stances and that each place would have its own, unique thing that would draw in people.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanHaven