Can you feel the love tonight?

So lately, Sarkis has been getting pages of documents detailing information regarding Enorian's early history( Second Mortal Epoch). Because it's being translated from Illumine, the direct translations are difficult for people to follow, so Sarkis has been creating annotated versions with re-written translations and sections for analysis about the information being conveyed. On his latest pick up from Trabarg and the resulting translation by Malorea, the following occurred and I wanted to share it.
Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "You will find him just as fluent in Illumine, if you require any terms clarified further."

You say, "For the sake of scholarly reputation, I'd like to test the authenticity of the documents."

You say, "So it's well that Rivas possesses the others. Integrity with such vital documents is important."

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "I have done my own tests - I can confirm the parchment to be pre-Artifice, Second Epoch, and the Illumine writing is consistent with the language's structure from that time."

You nod your head emphatically.

"That is what I know," Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari states, "So far."

You say, "I know about ancient ink making techniques, I can run a few non-invasive tests to see if they are consistent with the era."

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "If you would be so kind? That is not my area of expertise."

You beam broadly.

You say, "At this rate, everything might end up being my area of expertise."

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

Trabarg the archeologist says, "What is your area of expertise, miss Malorea?"

Brushing out her dress and smiling faintly, Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "Mostly I just
keep records for the Order. I'm fluent in Illumine, and I know quite a lot about my Lady."

You beam broadly.

Trabarg the archeologist touches his nose and, to his dissatisfaction, finds something missing.
((A woman in his life!))

Trabarg the archeologist says, "Interesting. I'd like to learn more about Illumine. Would you care to discuss it over... lunch?"

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari blinks.

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "Well... certainly...?"

Trabarg the archeologist beams broadly.

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "Sometime soon? I've got to go and record this down, but--."

Trabarg the archeologist says, "Oh, no, no. I'm quite busy myself. Novices, an endless stream. Soon, for certain, for certain--."

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari says, "Not to sound like I'm--."

Trabarg the archeologist says, "Oh, no, no, quite the contrary--."

You clear your throat.

Trabarg the archeologist stares at you and blinks.

You say, "I'll step away for now."

Trabarg the archeologist says, "Oh. Yes. Thank you for... seeing to the..."

Trabarg the archeologist flushes, abruptly.

Trabarg the archeologist says, "Thank you."

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari clears her throat.

Malorea, fio Elievia Ciehianari, strides calmly out to the north.

You have emoted: Sarkis casts a quick glance at both individuals, before tucking the documents into his research folder and putting it away in his pack.

You pat Trabarg the archeologist in a friendly manner.

Trabarg the archeologist's eyes trail northward for a moment - and then he snaps back to himself.

You say, "Try some tea or kawhe."

You say, "When you talk things over."

You say, "Puts people at ease."

Trabarg the archeologist nods firmly. "That's. Yes. Good idea."

You wink knowingly.

You say, "Take care."

Trabarg the archeologist says, "You too, Deacon."
Personally, I'm cheering the old fellow on; maybe he will stop losing his spectacles with a good woman in his life!
BenedictoAryanneAarbrokKerrynMoireanGwenithAren

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I love how there are so many small little interactions like that. It gives the game a real sense of being alive.
    SarkisAryanneEmelleGwenithKaleigh
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    That sly old fox!
    SarkisGwenith