LOVE

Comments

• I've been in a downwards spiral for a while, turning to the worse this weekend. Today, I had my first session with a new therapist and explained all the things that are pushing me down right now, one of them being that I'm about to lose my work practice in a month. It's an absolutely awesome Place with people who understand me and have a similar background as myself, so I don't have to explain if I feel bad.

My therapist ordered me to do fun things, go to my work Place as much as I could muster and asked me to Contact my unemployment administrator for a meeting with him, so he can convince her to let me stay longer, because it would be good for my mental Health. He is kinda awesome for doing that and it took a huge load away. Now to hope she will listen to him.
    EmelleSarkisIshinMoireanSetneTeani
  • Lychee lemonade. All my <3 for lychee lemonade.
    SarkisIshin
  • A few days into my new job and I'm honestly loving it. One of the bosses that I don't have to work with much micro-manages whenever he's around, but he's trusting me more. And I leave work every day with a smile. I smile when people ask me about it or when I'm just telling my friends or old co-workers about how it's going. I'm genuinely happy and enjoying working with food and having a certain sense of pride that people are satisfied with things I prepare and or make.
    EmelleAryanneIshinMoireanFaerah
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Ignotum Grats man. I just finished up my community college this spring semester. Took half a year off for a break since I had been going spring/summer/fall for the last two years. Which one, if I may ask?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited September 2014
    Unexpected free U2 album that somewhat worried me, since it showed up after I got home from work in my itunes library and I was confused, but after giving it a listen, I'm loving it.

Also: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-legend-of-korra-uploader-special-announcement.html

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I work 10 day shifts and missed our company picnic. The president of the company asked me what my favorite restaurant was so he could give me a gift certificate there! Super pumped!
    AryanneOleisBufordEmelleIshinKaleighTeani
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited September 2014
    The president of our company told me he'd buy me dinner once. RIP Ironcon.

edit to clarify: ironcon will still be a thing in the future. I was just lamenting Ironcon '14.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AryanneJensenObynAarbrokIshin
    I'm kinda happy it didn't happen, I ended up buying a boat and wouldnt be able to afford vegas. Not with how I party.
    Ishin
  • What're you talking about? We have Lake Mead. It connects to this big ol' river. See?

That being said, I'm quite sad that Ironcon 2014 never happened. I live in Vegas, so, attending would've been easy for me :)
  • Ishin said:

@Ignotum Grats man. I just finished up my community college this spring semester. Took half a year off for a break since I had been going spring/summer/fall for the last two years. Which one, if I may ask?

You may, although I'm only going to answer that I'm transferring into the California State University system. I don't feel like specifying exact city, but I'm majoring in computer science. I'm definitely pretty thrilled about it.
    AarbrokEmelleIshin
    Hadrak said:

Jensen said:

I'm kinda happy it didn't happen, I ended up buying a boat and wouldnt be able to afford vegas. Not with how I party.

That's quitter's talk. You float that boat right up to Las Vegas and tell people you don't give a damn there's no water there.
    Grab your cutlas because next year we'll drink all the rum, fire the cannons, and burn that mother down
    AshmerIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Im holding you to that @Jensen‌, I expect v-neck shirts, and wenches....LOTS OF WENCHES
    (..maybe some man wenches for me, and I will try and stomach a drink with the masses, without imploding.)
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Aarbrok said:

Im holding you to that @Jensen‌, I expect v-neck shirts, and wenches....LOTS OF WENCHES
    (..maybe some man wenches for me, and I will try and stomach a drink with the masses, without imploding.)

Hey, I have v-necks! And wenches! And bad things happen when I drink!

Ironcon '15: To the unemployment office and back again.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArekaAarbrokAryanneIshinAngwe
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Oleis‌ I had already suspected you would be a fantastic partner in pillaging and finding pirates booty.

Cheers to Ironcon '15: At least what happens in Vegas stays there...right?!
    I've got a drinkin' story or 1,110,000
    AarbrokHaven
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I love @keroc. Finally! Obsidian inks in BL. :D

Oleis
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Maybe I'll come to the next Ironcon. If things go right, and I don't spend it all on these fancy new house mobs, money will be something I have more of soon. Haven't even finished my move yet and Sony Online Entertainment wants me in their office as soon as I get down there for a skills assessment.

Excited to get back to real, full-time work, especially in my career field (video games).
    OleisBufordSetneIshinKaleigh
  • @Keroc is awesome, generally speaking. Also love getting an apology from one of my professors for being a total unicorn earlier this week.
    Solaria
  • I know I have lamented previously about long distance things, but I just want to say - always hope and things can be good. They are good.
    MoireanTrigruEmelle
  • @aren‌, good stuff. Don't waste it. Travel! Nothing makes me sigh more than people who spent multiple years abroad and didn't do anything.
    NaestyriaIshin
  • The big outage at the power plant I'm working at is starting in early October. So from then till February, I'll be working 6 to 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hours a day. MOOOONNNNEEEEEYYY!
    IshinAryanne
  • Moirean said:

Maybe I'll come to the next Ironcon. If things go right, and I don't spend it all on these fancy new house mobs, money will be something I have more of soon. Haven't even finished my move yet and Sony Online Entertainment wants me in their office as soon as I get down there for a skills assessment.

Excited to get back to real, full-time work, especially in my career field (video games).

Glad to see it all working out well for you Moi!
    MoireanIshinTeani
  • @Moirean just be careful, data can add up reaaaaal quickly.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Moirean I don't have a data plan with my go phone, but mine connects to the internet. I found out you can download maps of the country so your gps doesn't have to use data to dl them, they just use the phone's downloaded map. So connect to wi-fi, never much have to worry about data ^-^