Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited January 2013
    Some way for non-crafters to see what public designs exist and who made them would be nice. And a way to search for a specific design by name, public or private, and see who made it.
  • Think private designs are private for a reason. But more search functions for crafting in general would be pretty awesome.

Though alas, they've already said non-crafters prob. won't ever be able to see or own designs because of the way it's coded. Which sucks really.

Wish non-crafters could -own- designs. It's a pain in the rear to have to get the same exact outfit commissioned like 20 times because your tailor torpored or jumped sides or let them decay or whatever, it'd be so much easier if -I- could own them, worry about upkeep for them, and just allow them to whatever tailor happens to be convenient when I need them.

Also. An unallow command that unallows them but doesn't specifically put them on the denied list?

imageimage
    Orisae
  • A way to preview posts (after it is sent from the editor) to see if any changes need to be made formatting wise before it is actually posted.  I know I put them in the editor perfectly and they usually come out jumbled. Grr. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    *echo ?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Can we get the vigor elixir to show up on elixlist short please?

AldricMastemaPiperInfinHavenAmaraAarbrok
  • A way for me to submit pictures into Artisanals that are larger then 2mb. I tend to do pixel art a lot and have to save them as pngs in order to keep them looking smooth. Problem with that is that they end up being too large. Problem with me saving them any other way is that they lose a massive amount of quality to their appearance.

:(
    Haven
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Have you tried photoshop's save for web feature, even as a png?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I can try to ask someone to save it for me like that, I guess. I don't have photoshop on my laptop, though. I mostly use OpenCanvas and MSpaint for my stuff.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Save 'em as GIF. You can use up to 256 colors and it makes the filesize super small.
  • Zun said:
    Wearing - Let's have clothing be a bit more distinctive. First off, "He is wearing" should be colored and on a new line. Secondly, let's distinguish where things are worn. It could look something like this:
    He is a muscular Human badass. This is a really long description, it probably hurts your eyes.
    He is wearing:
    <worn on head>      a pair of badass aviators
    <worn on torso>     a really dashing shirt
    <worn on feet>      a pair of converse sneakers
    <in his left hand>  a really awesome whip

thats some old-school DIKU right there
    LinKiyotanSaybre
  • Wasn't going to Idea this but since NO ONE in the game is a Bloodborn, or willing Bloodborn to assist anyone nowadays then here's my idea..

To have a mob/NPC able to change the path of a Praenomen, from Sapivi, Phreneses or Insidiae which will cost from 5 to 15k... because trying to find a Bloodborn or a willing Bloodborn to assist is stupidly hard...

Also have the same NPC/Mob be able to fill a phial of blood for you for x amount of gold also, as same as above.. no Bloodborn are willing to assist .... OR change the "collect blood" command Bloodborn have to be able to be used from everyone.. with the same restrictions, person has to be bleeding, but if you're not a Bloodborn have it use double the amount of balance...

LinAarbrok
  • edited February 2013
    Any chance to remove the dot at the end of the link for the vote reminder, please?

I'll be double as likely to vote(hinthint) if I can just click the link and have Mudlet do its magic, compared to clicking the link and getting a "page not found".

;)
  • You could add an alias to your mudlet set up like this and do it when you see the reminder.

pattern: ^vote$

openUrl(http://aetolia.com/vote)

Then type it in to make it open the page.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • @Njiran I agree with Mastema, plus if your default browser is Chrome or Firefox you can set it up to "Click" the button on the page for you too.
    Haydyn said:
    For those like me who forget to vote:

Step 1: Set www.aetolia.com/vote to open in another tab when you open Chrome.
    Step 2: Install this GreaseMonkey script: http://bloodrose.bubble.ro/auto_topmudsites.user.js 
    Step 3: Due to new changes in Chrome, it won't auto-install. So drag and drop it from Downloads to the "Extensions" page in the settings within Chrome.
    Step 4: You "VOTE" every time you open your browser. 

(There are instructions for Firefox as well, but I don't use it so I'm not sure if they still work exactly as listed.)

imageimage
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Would we ever see raze added to Weaponry or even an artifact weapon rune that would let you raze?

Pretty please? :D
    Ooh! What if new Sentinels had some way to throw off farsight/thirdeye similar to marks? This would support the trap-user/ambusher archtype, allowing a Sentinel being pursued to either throw off his hunters or engineer a situation via his traps and/or his crossbow where he stands a better chance.
  • It could be interesting, but I'd be wary of the farsight fooling - unless it has some very clear restrictions, it would essentially give every sentinel a free hood.

Good point. My thought in including farsight is that it's such a basic skill, but the marks precedent I'm using doesn't have that function, does it? If not, it wouldn't make sense to invalidate such an expensive artifact.

One way this could be averted is giving the fetish/resin/bolt/whatever a very short lifetime, say 30 seconds? Cost of resources over time and possibly a decent balance time would make it impractical to keep stopping to set these things up for a 'free hood'.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Delete hood!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    KonnornDaskalosKiyotanArbre
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Delete Haven!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    LinArbreHavenAxai
    Kiyotan said:
    Delete Havens!
    Fixed.
    havenbanner2
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    /neuter Haven

Done.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • Elegant solution: change Haven's name to Betsy.
    EzalorAxai
    I was here first! Change Havens to Sanctuary or Sanctum. HRMPH.
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'd be cool with that.
    Haydyn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I always wondered why they weren't sanctuary anyways.
    Arbre said:
    I always wondered why they weren't sanctuary anyways.
    I like to think that it's IRE's way of saying that they love me.
    havenbanner2
    HaydynArbreErzsebetAmara
  • Sure they do, Betsy. ;)
    EzalorAarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

Betsy...terrifies me. 
    MastemaAxai