Customization and Reactions

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2310
Date: 9/7/2014 at 19:04
To : Everyone
Subj: Customisations & Reactions

Hey folks,

Two new exciting things to announce. Firstly, I've completely rewritten the customization system and revamped some aspects of it. Secondly, IRE has created a new 'reaction' system that allows you to give life to your pets, house mobs, and the new shopkeepers!

Customization Changes
---------------------
* Your customizations are now saved forever, and be accessed at any time.
* You can CUSTOMIZE APPLY to reapply any old approved customizations that item had instantly and at no cost.
* Qeddwyn no longer sells customization certificates. Any existing customization certificates will only work for a customization whose total cost equals exactly 50cr.
* Pets and House Mobs are now created through the customization system instead of e-mailing me. Refer to their help files for more information.
* You can now create Shopkeepers! Approval costs 150cr. The mob can only be assigned to one shop (although you can change it). No refunds if you lose your shop for whatever reason. The mob will 'disappear' but can be reassigned to a new shop if you obtain one. Can be assigned to either your own shop, or a shop where you have ally shopkeeping privs. HELP SHOPKEEPERS for more information.
* Sentinels rejoice. Your woodlore entities can now be customised. They must remain the same type, i.e. a bear is still a bear. Whenever you summon your entities, they'll appear as your chosen customisation type. First customisation is free, further customisations cost 50cr.
* Rune of Transformation can now have custom wielded messages set. If you already have one and want a wield message added to it, leave me a message with the descriptions.

Old customizations weren't saved in any kind of viable format for us to convert them to this new system. If you create and get approved a new customization for an item, its old descriptions will automatically be added to a new customization entry, so you can still take advantage of the new APPLY command.

Please carefully read HELP CUSTOMISATIONS, HELP PETS, HELP SHOPKEEPERS and HELP HOUSE MOBS as many things have changed.

Reactions System
----------------
This system allows you make your pets, house mobs and shopkeepers react under certain conditions. It is very basic at the moment, but we plan on expanding it in the future. Please put any ideas and feedback you have on the forums!

This replaces the existing method of adding reactions to your pets/house mobs (i.e. e-mailing me). Reactions are auto-approved, but any sort of misconduct will see you blacklisted and needing admin approval for any future reaction modifications.

Read over HELP REACTIONS for full information.

Penned by my hand on the 3rd of Ios, in the year 429 MA.
Slot packages and prices:
1 slot: 25 credits
3 slots: 50 credits (16.6 credits each)
5 slots: 75 credits (15 credits each)
7 slots: 100 credits (14.2 credits each)
9 slots: 125 credits (13.8 credits each)
11 slots: 150 credits (13.6 credits each)
13 slots: 175 credits (13.4 credits each)
15 slots: 200 credits (13.3 credits each)
20 slots: 225 credits (11.3 credits each)
25 slots: 250 credits (10 credits each)
For reference, these slots work among all your mobs, so if you buy 25, you can give 10 to one mob and 5 to two others.

SO VERY COOL TAKE ALL MY CREDITS PLZ
KerrynNolaTrigruIshin

Comments

• I'm not really happy with the cost of customizations going up with the removal of the certificates. I don't have credits to throw around randomly for such a small thing :(
    KrazAlissandraErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited September 2014
    Feeeeeedback:

- Let us cycle through or randomly pick from a range of reactions in response to one action. Eg, the mob could say hi OR stare askance OR nod in greeting if someone enters. Being able to use the weighted stuff in conjunction with this would be nice (eg set one chance at 30% and another at 70%).

- Give us a reaction to send a tell to a specific person. ATM it seems that tells go to the person who triggered the action, but being able to do TELL MOIREAN HALP SOMEONE PUNCHED ME would be far more useful.

- emote_seen doesn't seem to be working.

- Let us enable/disable for free for 24 hours because it's expensive to figure all this out and we can't test to see how it works without spending credits.

- For shopkeeper mobs, maybe have another version of give we could set that will make a crafting shelf item and give it to someone.

- Have reaction creation auto-check for bad tokens, ala crafting templates. The syntax is NOT the same as other syntaxes we're used to, so it's easy to derp up and costs credits to fix if you don't catch it.

- Include an ambient emote option. I am not seeing one for that.

--------------

With a few additions, this system can become amazingly versatile and let us players make mini-quests and lectures and all kinds of juicy cool stuff:

- Expand the conditionals and params to include individuals, newbies, level ranges, price policy groups and nested reactions.

- Incorporate a mild if/then option for chained interactions.

- Consider letting us set up dialogue menus like guards and my house mobs have.

- Give random function options. REACTION BOB 5 ACTION $(random) $(responses) - Bob picks one of multiple random responses. REACTION BOB 5 RESPONSE ADD/DELETE to populate this list.

- Give orgs (including clans, maybe?) a version of this.

- Let mobs draw from/deposit to bankaccounts to give out/collect money.

Bam. Guilds can set up rotating lectures. Cities can make small little flavor quests. People can create mini-games. Etc!
    ArekaSetneAmberlea
  • edited September 2014
    Would it become possible to have mobs speak in specific languages when using says, or only respond when spoken to in a particular language? If I request a house mob that's a xoran butler, for example, I might want them to specifically want to speak in xoran only.

Further, can shop mobs (or just mobs in general) be given the ability to sell items aka ASK mob WARES?

I mean, you know, an amount.

Moirean
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Can shop mobs eventually be granted an upgrade that acts like the crafting shelves but for customizing forged goods?
    Moirean
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Can I have a pony too!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

KrazTragerAshmer
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Are things like dryads and faeries considered mundane since there are lots of them running around certain areas, or do they fit in the extraordinary category because they're possibly sort of magical?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited September 2014
    Sarita said:

Are things like dryads and faeries considered mundane since there are lots of them running around certain areas, or do they fit in the extraordinary category because they're possibly sort of magical?

My hunch is definitely magical. I would find it odd if someone had a faerie or a dryad as a pet or house servant.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Do the House Mobs count for use in Havens as well, @Oleis?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Has anyone been able to customize a golem under the new system? Angels don't seem to be valid targets of the commands.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Erzsebet said:

@Oleis or @Razmael or someone--

RE: Shopkeeper system--would it be possible, to get a condition for reactions that is simply 'NOT being a member of X'?

Want them to greet Ve'kahi differently than everyone else, but since I still want them to greet non-'kahi, too, right now it just results in the people in Ve'kahi getting both greetings. :<

...also, could GREET, NOD, and HI possibly be considered emotes for the purposes of things they'll react to? I can frown or smile or gnaw or whatever on this mob and she'll talk my ear off, but if I actively greet her to say hello, I get the cold shoulder. >.>

...and a way to set the gender flag? Defaults to male, apparently, so now my female mob has all male pronouns. >.>

Had this in another thread and Moi directed me here.
    imageimage