Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ENORIAN NEWS #4276 Date: 9/4/2014 at 2:31 From: Dhar, the Underking To : Everyone Subj: Absence I would like to apologize for My reckless zealousness involving the removal of Roux from the city. Secondly, I will be absent from the world of the living, tending to the lower layers of the Underhalls for an extended duration. Penned by my hand on the 15th of Slyphian, in the year 428 MA.

I just don't like this. I guess I understand why Dhar, the admin, needed punished, but was he required to post a public apology? And why? Why is an Immortal apologizing to a city full of mortals? And who asked him to? He probably overstepped his power as an admin, but did Capital D-Dhar actually do anything wrong? Ugh.
    IshinRivasAryanneNaestyria
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited September 2014
    Rage at double xp weekend being deceiving. We all thought it was great hunt xp. Turns out it's not stackable with chalice, so....no buff at all. :(

Edit: Or is audit just broken?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    H:5251(81) M:4418(95) E:79 W:95 Soul:100 Bld:31 Mad:0 K: E:78.66% [csdbe- lr] +171h -45e
    Your attention is called to a sudden pain in your arm and realise that you are dragging a
    curved jade knife down your wrist. As you drop it with mounting horror, it vanishes
    without a trace.
    Health Lost: 5116, cutting.
    H:135(2) M:4418(95) E:79 W:95 Soul:100 Bld:403 Mad:0 K: E:78.66% [csdbe- lr] -5116h

Well that was rather abrupt and unexpected. 40%+ cutting audit and no sensitivity.

• woah
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Well you did drag it down your wrist...also that bleed.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Rage at system crashing mid lesser.
    Ishin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    So. I'm here to kick the dead horse of Enorian's blanket enemying policy again and how annoying it is. I've been on a few alts lately, and I get enemied simply for being in a Spirean guild when I haven't even done anything. When I asked for an explanation, the only one I was given was that members of all Shadow-aligned guilds are to be blanket-enemied as part of city policy. Bloodloch's already ditching their policy, which leaves Enorian as the only one left. And I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Gg.
    KrazTragerErzsebetElie
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    All good, I plan on doing it back to them as soon as I get permission. This time with no pardons or restrictions just to leadership
    Ishin
  • Phoenecia said:

So. I'm here to kick the dead horse of Enorian's blanket enemying policy again and how annoying it is. I've been on a few alts lately, and I get enemied simply for being in a Spirean guild when I haven't even done anything. When I asked for an explanation, the only one I was given was that members of all Shadow-aligned guilds are to be blanket-enemied as part of city policy. Bloodloch's already ditching their policy, which leaves Enorian as the only one left. And I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Gg.

I spent weeks without being enemied, Dato sent me a tell and realised I was spines and enemied me << favourtism!!

Also Enorian only started the blanket enemy status because Bloodloch did it and Bloodloch people was making alts, or getting newbies to go into enorian and be the first point of raiding, 500 gold for mushroom, here novice go mushroom a monolith in Enorian.. BOOM.. since the novice had nothing to lose..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    The novice has nothing to lose, except the ability to play their main character.
    SolariaObynTragerRiluoAryanneNaestyriaElie
    That really doesn't explain Spinesreach, I get that some Syssin have messed with Eno, but it's not everyone or even close to it. The enemy status doesn't even stop Syssin from being crafty.
    IshinErzsebet
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, it's not just members of the Syssin guild being enemied. Teani was enemied basically after moving up to Spinesreach. I can't even remember if she had joined a guild yet or not or if it was just because she was in Spines. She's never done anything against Enorian in her life and she's not been in a position of leadership in Spinesreach or a Spirean guild either.

• It's super annoying. Especially for those of us who have fairly neutral Spirean characters.

It's one thing if a character has done things to deserve it. Another entirely to just arbitrarily enemy people who may or may not hold to similar ideals. I could see a blanket enemying of undeath, I guess (or of living, in 'loch's case), it at least makes some kind of sense, since they're naturally opposed to what the orgs profess to believe in, but a lot of living Spireans are Spirean simply because being without a city sucks, because being in Enorian can suck if you're not either an objectively good person or a zealot, and because not everyone's character fits in the realm of forestal-types that occupy duiran.

imageimage
    IshinAarbrokPhoenecia
  • Nonono.

Being neutral means you're evil, didn't you know that, @Erzsebet? Gosh.
    EmelleIshinErzsebet
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Might not agree with the city's policy but it is well within their right to choose that role. At the end of the day, it really comes down to just that. If you hope to see it change, whether you're an insider or outsider to the organization, there are means available to try. No guarantee you'll succeed but the means are there.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TragerArekaNolaSarkisAryanneCiarelleNaestyriaMephistoles
    Haven said:

Might not agree with the city's policy but it is well within their right to choose that role. At the end of the day, it really comes down to just that. If you hope to see it change, whether you're an insider or outsider to the organization, there are means available to try. No guarantee you'll succeed but the means are there.

While I would normally agree with that statement, I'm tired of dealing with the bitching of about 80% of Enorian's leadership when I enemy them back. They act like it fell out of the sky.
    Ishin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Jensen said:

Haven said:

While I would normally agree with that statement, I'm tired of dealing with the bitching of about 80% of Enorian's leadership when I enemy them back. They act like it fell out of the sky.
    I feel ya man, I do. But it is what it is.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    The worst thing Elea ever did to Enorian was spend her money there.

For shame.

IshinAishiaTeani
  • No.. you spent your EVIL there.
    EmelleTrigruIshinSetneAryanneElie
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Spirean gold is tainted, marked gold.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    All spends the same in a world of whiskey and cards...
    TragerKrazIshinSetne
    PUBLIC NEWS #5751
    Date: 9/6/2014 at 10:18
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Delos

Visitors of Delos,

Due to a number of thuggish attacks, we've had to hire additional guards
    to patrol the streets of Delos. If you are caught in the act of
    attacking a citizen of Delos by our city watch, you will be enemied and
    removed forcibly from the city.

On a more positive note however, our guards will help you find just
    about anything you're looking for in Delos. Simply greet one and they'll
    ask what you need.

Teneric
    Bureaucrat of Delos

Penned by my hand on the 21st of Variach, in the year 429 MA.
    This just sucks on so many levels. Delos was one of the few spots you had to catch someone to kill them, not to mention those of us who own houses there now are screwed because we can't even fight in our own estates. I'm sure happy I spent credits on room upgrades to make one of my houses....a good spot for fighting. This is such a dumb change. Why has so much bite been removed from the game?
  • Doesn't this mean attacking the NPCs there? Not other players? Have you attacked a player and been ejected from Delos?
    EmelleAryanneTeani
    Using guards to stop people attacking NPCs makes no sense. Just...make the NPCs invincible. Who even attacks Delos NPCs?
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    *raises hand*

I dont like how Clynalia gives me the stinkeye, and that Phillip Tallow and his candles.
    Well if it's just NPCs you aren't allowed to attack, shrug, don't care about that. I assumed it was stopping us from hitting other players. Doesn't seem to be a way to clear the enemy status tho...
  • In regards to the blanket Enorian enemying, I think what is most frustrating about it is being living and enemied.

However, I've grown to accept it. You have elitist/racist vampires in the north, who are barely willing to make an exception for living Spireans, and you get that feeling when you're walking that city.

I can understand the blanket Living/Undead enemying from each prospective city. Just wish that there was a different take on the association laws. A person raids or has acted against the city, ok, enemy them, beyond that, it just really makes the world a little bit smaller for both sides.

NolaTragerPearleElie
  • I totally took the delos thing to mean that they were coming up with a reason to go "Hey look, now Delos guards have the same cool functionality as player city guards! You can ask them for directions and help" without just randomly, suddenly needing guards there for no apparent reason.

I was kinda excited when I read that post >.>

• Moirean said:

Using guards to stop people attacking NPCs makes no sense. Just...make the NPCs invincible. Who even attacks Delos NPCs?

IDIOTS. I said something everyone was thinking!

But from sounds of the news post, its just guards to protect the NPCS.. and to punish them who DO attack the npc and to try stop it happening.

"Hey dont hit the npcs in delos when hunting because the guards will hunt you every time you go to it"
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Having guards being.. well guards is pretty awesome in my book. Invincible NPCs just suck on principle.

Politics
    SarkisTeaniAryanneHavenArekaTrigruErzsebetAngwe
This discussion has been closed.