Town Hall log and discussion

2»

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    If Firebomb can come back, let me pit at lessers....oh Golgotha I miss you.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I like to pretend that's why he wasn't charging us for pacts. He misses us, toooooo.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited August 2014
    Razmael said:

You say, "It's no secret by now that the shadow mother is really the Albedos God Ohlsana, and She is definitely one of the scariest powers in Aetolia right now. She has her touch upon various places, some of which will become visible soon. We predict she's going to play the role of an antagonist for a very long time, both to mortalkind and Gods alike."

This was a complete surprise to me, and I think someone else in the web didn't know about this either. I tried searching posts but she was only mentioned briefly, and found nothing about her being an Albedos God. No mention of here in helpfiles and no honours. Am I missing something obvious here?
    Aryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    There have been plenty of IC prompts through events, since the Demon Blade that I have heard/seen IC @Alexina‌
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, it's admittedly one of those things that was mentioned heavily in RP but not documented as well as it could have been. I'll add a HELP OHLSANA/HELP SHADOW MOTHER!

Edit: It's in! Don't expect it to be informative!
    ArekaNolaAlexina
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Razmael said:

You say, "As for new races, I'd love to add some more, but there's also a couple of logistics issues. For example, with the way our endgame race system works at the moment, it makes non-endgame races pretty pointless once you hit Tekal, and I'd love to explore new ways of making those relevant to endgamers again before we add more races. The other issue is that IRE isn't allowing us to add any new races to character creation at the moment, because new races needs new artwork for our client."

You say, "Yes, I know Imperian added new races. Those races are not available through character creation."

You say, "They're races you pay credits to become."

You say, "And I mean, if you guys want to pay credits for special races, and there's enough support for that, let me know."

I've talked to a few people about this, but figured I'd try to spark a conversation on the forums as well. Is there any support for something like this? I personally feel like Azudim/Yeleni/Idreth/Tekal lacks depth, as they're basically 'you ascended into whatever you want to be'. A fey creature has certain connotations and evokes a different feeling than a demonic or undead endgamerace would; I just don't feel like there is anything special that signifies our current endgame races but maybe that's just my personal opinion.

I really, really, really would like more endgame race options, and would consider paying credits for that choice if no other options were to be considered.

Any other opinions on this?
    Ishin
  • I suggested, or bumped a suggestion (forget which) awhile back, where you'd keep your base race skills when you ascended, to provide some sort of link back to your old one.

Quests/a way to change between the end-game races (not an easy one, but one independent of gods), THEN you can start developing some deeper lore/connotation for them - that being said, more variety might be good in end-game. Instead of just 'good, bad, neutral', maybe some gray/different affinities. Fire themed, water themed, earth/underground themed, plains themed, air themed, etc.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Areka
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think it would be cool if you could earn new races through difficult quests and/or credits. Like, buy an item with credits, and then go visit Golgotha and give him the item and be given a big quest to be able to become a Chaos Lord/Lady. There's revenue opportunity there, but I like the idea of there being some lore you can follow for the change as well.
    SaritaIshinIkruutTarleichIanea
  • I have to agree that I feel the endgame races are lackluster. There seemed so much more lore and attachment to the world pre-99 and if I could take Ianea back Kelki or some water-ascended version of that race. I would. Even paying a reasonable amount for it. (Though having a quest to go along with it would be cool.)

I commented on another thread about quests, but it seems it was lost in the shuffle. Are there plans for quests to be more appealing? Easier to locate and prompt mobs, better experience or other rewards?

Also I think that working together on projects is a much better way of handling things and less likely that progress will be lost by people getting burnt out. I'd be very interested in applying to be a builder knowing I don't have to design and execute an entire area by myself. Any chance applications are opening up soon? Or where I can send one currently?
    Moirean
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I just kinda wish there was a more hard-line stance on the endgame races. Azudim used to be generals of Undeath, but that somehow got tossed by the wayside when half the game wanted to stick with Azudim for whatever reason. Yeleni still somehow seems stuck for the lifer-side despite that, and Idreth is some kind of odd middle-ground.

I'd definitely pay for something like what @Moirean said, some arti item that you could take to a mobile and begin a quest/be changed into some special endgame race.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Teani
  • I think I remember this thread somewhere in forums, I also remember talking about it in some clans of mine. I agree with either paying credits for a new class or an arti item that starts a quest line for new races. However, the one thing that was never ironed out was this: Would the endgame raceskill list be the same or would each race be limited to certain skills?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2014
    I vote shadow/ice wraith lord as endgame race!

In terms of skills I think maintaining them would be easier with a new flavour message at best.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Seems better to create more unique random word things than narrow in on specific pre-existing stuff. Yeleni and Azudim are already pretty free-form. Probably better to approach something like that from a conceptual point instead of saying FIRE GIANT RACE. Like we have "life" "destruction." "will" right now. Probably things more in line with how she goes is like, "EMOTION" "SHADOW" "LIGHT" "ANGUISH" "DOUBLE EMPTY TEKAL""BOREDOM" "KNOWLEDGE"