Haven Environments

edited August 2014 in Harpy's Head Tavern
Hi! Hello all!
(If this isn't in the right area one of the Admin can smite me with a lightning bolt before moving it or beat me with a shoe! I get kinda confused on where to put things sometimes on Forums!)
I am extremely excited about the update to the Haven Environments and I just wanted a general discussion where maybe I could ask a few questions and maybe lay out some ideas for the amazing people who've made this possible. To start, I'd like to give a big fat thank you to @Trigru for expanding upon this area. Please don't in any way think I'm making this thread to down talk or bash on this amazing expansion!!

So, in that, I've already thrown Trigru a question about "Hot Springs" and if they had been thought of as an idea and or shuffled off to the back for some specific reason. I don't want to keep messaging them with random questions because I know they're likely -very- busy.

My other question would be, I see Lodges as an option but not Cabins. The reason this is important to me is because they're two very different things, any google search will reveal that:
- Lodges are bigger in size than cabins.
- Lodges are found in urban areas, whereas cabins are typically found outdoors.
- Lodges provide lodging facilities to travelers.

So, for example, Jayce has a Cabin in his haven, complete with door and all. (I know, fancy!) I would love to spend 100k on the lodge environment but ... it's not a lodge... it's a cabin. ><

What would it take to add in a Cabin type environment or a Hot Spring? (If it hasn't already been rejected!!)

My final question is this, while I understand by the time you're level 100+ (or closer to 200 for people like @Alexina and @Zsadist) You should be ROLLING in dough... like, so much dough you have no idea what to do with it, so why not throw it into a big fancy haven with environments for every room!

There are quite a bit of other things that absorb money in the game, designs, depending on how many you do per day/week/month, mounts, we all know how expensive mounts are, and Pylon items, 250k for goggles, ?300k? for gauntlets, 15k per amulet... Is there a reason that the prices for Environments in rooms can't be backed down to say, 50k? At current Market prices you're throwing about 20 credits out for a room environment for the prices they're set at. (That's way better than a house in the wilderness, I get it) I'm just merely curious of the explanation behind the prices set forth by Havens and why it's not something we can get back like everything else we invest in for Havens?

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
Joul

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I want a wasteland environment. Pretty, pretty, pretty please.
    JayceGwenith
  • Jayce said:

My final question is this, while I understand by the time you're level 100+ (or closer to 200 for people like @Alexina and @Zsadist) You should be ROLLING in dough... like, so much dough you have no idea what to do with it, so why not throw it into a big fancy haven with environments for every room!

@Jayce, While you are correct in that I have a fair bit of gold, to me there is absolutely no point in building an environment into the haven. I'm not saying what Trigru did isn't amazing, because it is and much appreciation to your hard work and dedication broski. However, the environments for Havens are completely cosmetic and serve no real purpose other than for you to have a certain environment to stand in while you idle on the game. It serves no purpose, has no effect on anything outside the haven; and unless you're inviting a boatload of people into your haven, no one is going to know the environments of your haven, let alone care what environments are in your haven. That being said, you likely will not see me adding anything to my haven as I already have set up my 2 room haven with the desired add-ons that I want, that I've had since I was roughly level 120. And to be honest, they don't even have any descriptions because once again, no one is going to see them, so why bother?

Now, people like @Alexina, @Moirean, @Eleanor, @Solaria, and all the other big RP names will likely sink gold into this environment thing because for them, it might seem nice. "Oh, something shiny and new!" And as Alexina said, she wants a wasteland environment for the further development of her RP and her character. @Moirean, might want the Castle or Estate environment because she has the RP of the Imp Queen. I'm not sure what @Eleanor and @Solaria would want, but I'm sure there's something, and they will likely do it to enhance their RP, which is great for them.

In the end, if you didn't haven an environment before, you likely aren't going to invest into one now. And I sincerely hope you don't think I'm dogging your work @Trigru, as it is more than I could ever likely do, though I'd be willing to give it a shot. I am merely pointing out that its something that probably won't be seen alot.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Screw character development.

I want wasteland because it'd be badass.
    AshmerTrigruTeaniTrager
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I don't really touch my haven. Being able to change my house environments (and all the atmos that go with that), and not bug a god? Yes, I'll happily pay credits for that. For each house. I have 4, with over 100 rooms split between them.
    Alexina
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Speaking of atmosphere things, do all of the new environments have messages that go with them?
    Jayce
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Hi guys! Jayce, this is the right place for a thread like this, don't worry.

Sorry to say, but we won't be taking environment requests. Environments come up as we find need for them in building, and the policy is to let you guys use the more reasonable ones as they are made ("salt flats" is good, "churning chaos" is not).
  • Trigru said:

Hi guys! Jayce, this is the right place for a thread like this, don't worry.

Sorry to say, but we won't be taking environment requests. Environments come up as we find need for them in building, and the policy is to let you guys use the more reasonable ones as they are made ("salt flats" is good, "churning chaos" is not).

Alright, @Trigru well! Thank you for replying! I was just curious behind the meaning of a few things as Aetolia does in fact have Cabins and Hot Springs out in the land of Sapience and I was just wondering why they weren't available as a Haven environment when used out there! Thank you again.

As for @Zsadist, I wasn't implying you use your gold towards making your Haven pretty, I was simply implying the amount of gold you probably have and what there really is to use it towards in the game. You're right, it'll largely go unseen in a Haven, but a lot more RP goes on in a Haven than you might think. (I'm not talking naughty unicorns either) Jayce's Haven is just that, a Haven, somewhere he likes to relax with his friends and a place he likes to show off to people who are curious about his massive trees and waterfalls. I tried to make his Haven into an extension of him and you'd be surprised how many people actually request to see others Havens and what they entail!

Either way, I didn't really intend for this to become a requests thread, just a questions thread. As @Sarita asked, does each environment have its own room echoes? That'd be pretty cool and I have no doubt they don't! But sadly I'm never going to purchase each one to ever see.

Joul
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Not all of them do, but we're expanding those echoes all the time!
    MoireanJayce
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Trigru - Would it be possible for us to be able to set our haven environments to day/night instead of having it rotate with the outside world's time frame?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    (or just delete havens)
    AlexinaIshinOleisHavenTeani
  • Moirean said:

(or just delete havens)

I'd disagree with this but I don't wanna ding you. So, I'll just comment that I disagree!

Joul
  • edited August 2014
    Jayce said:

As for @Zsadist, I wasn't implying you use your gold towards making your Haven pretty, I was simply implying the amount of gold you probably have and what there really is to use it towards in the game. You're right, it'll largely go unseen in a Haven, but a lot more RP goes on in a Haven than you might think. (I'm not talking naughty unicorns either) Jayce's Haven is just that, a Haven, somewhere he likes to relax with his friends and a place he likes to show off to people who are curious about his massive trees and waterfalls. I tried to make his Haven into an extension of him and you'd be surprised how many people actually request to see others Havens and what they entail

Maybe its just me, but I've never heard of someone asking to see someone else's haven. That seems pretty out there to me. Not saying that it doesn't happen, just I find it hard to believe. As for gold sinks in Aetolia, there is hardly anything worth sinking gold into, unless you are Moirean and have over 100 rooms and want to reset all the environments in said rooms. Same with Alexina and her private island. I mean, even cryptic chests have become highly undesired because of all the fluff thats poured into it. That being said, environments are a decent gold sink.... if you're into that kind of thing. Me personally, I'd prefer to see other gold sinks that can benefit everyone on a more mechanical standpoint. Though I already know my thoughts on gold sinks would be widely rejected and disagreed with, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edit: My english seems to suck today.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Houses take credits, not gold.
    Jayce
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    A crazy amount of credits that come to a point of being a deterrent to invest in (why I will be sad if havens disappear, it's the reliable place I have for forging since I drop things due to inventory management).
    JayceMoirean
  • Since I can't afford a house, because it is with credits, I use my haven as a substitute. I've seen many people do this, same with their forging, enchanting, and venoms, they really are handy things. Though, I can understand why Moirean likes the houses she has, she's paid a lot of money for them and they may, because of havens, be underutilized! But I can't say for sure.

Joul
    edited August 2014
    Well my issue is mostly that havens are vastly cheaper than houses. I had a house before havens came in and I think it's kinda dumb that things like enchanting rooms are hella cheap for a haven but prohibitively expensive for a house, especially since houses help encourage interaction between other players and add more places for people to explore, while havens just sequester stuff away.

ETA: I'm not really seriously suggesting havens be deleted. I would instead prefer to see houses made more attractive. I already made a big thread on that, though. :(
    ArekaEmelleIshinAishiaNola
  • edited August 2014
    Trigru said:

Not all of them do, but we're expanding those echoes all the time!

I'm under the impression that if we want a room - home, guild, haven, w/e - to have custom environment messages, the only option would be to order a custom house mob and be clever in how it's set up and what it does as idle emotes. Is there a different solution?

Please ignore the ones saying nay. Havens and homes are only as useful as someone wants them to be, and there's a lot that can be done with them. I do admit that homes are uncomfortably expensive; it seems like with those prices, they're meant for orgs that pool resources, not private individuals.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

You can purchase room echoes. 50 credits for 3, per room.

You could probably message Razmael to set up something special with a custom environment and atmos across the area. He's really flexible and awesome with things he can do for houses (have you seen my gargoyles??!)
  • Moirean said:

You can purchase room echoes. 50 credits for 3, per room.

You could probably message Razmael to set up something special with a custom environment and atmos across the area. He's really flexible and awesome with things he can do for houses (have you seen my gargoyles??!)

Castle only? I don't see the option in Havens. One perk to a home then.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

If you have credits most anything is possible. I'm pretty sure they'll do most house upgrades to a haven.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Yeah, if you ask nicely and come with fists full of boondollars, they'll do things for your haven too. Erzsebet has a tree that poots out gemstones, and I have a thing that spawns a bit of dragonhide once a day.

IshinZsadistEmelleNola
    Just spent 500 credits changing old room environments that weren't really suitable but had been given environments better than 'urban'.

-.-
  • edited August 2014
    @Alexina, there's your wastelands!
    @Trigru... I demand Cabins!! :smile:
    Edit: (Not that I can demand you to do anything, don't gobble me into a blob Shadowdrop nightmare!)

AarbrokMoireanJoul
  • *GASSSSSSSSP*
    +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #625 ----------------------------+
    | Entered by: Trigru Date: 2014/08/27 20:46:59 |
    +-------------------------------- ADDITION -----------------------------------+

Fine, fine, I added a "cabin" environment. Watch your back, Jayce!

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Ooooooh!! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou, @Trigru!
    I shall start an Order in your name! All hail the Holy Shadowdrop!

JoulAarbrokMoirean
  • Now for Hotsprings!! :D
    JayceAarbrok
  • Joul said:

Now for Hotsprings!! :D

We don't wanna push our luck! Wait and try again in a year! That's the secret.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Great, there are going to be a bunch of people in cloaks somewhere in the woods going "Gloop Gloop!"
    JayceEmelleTrigruNola
  • edited August 2014
    They're gonna overrun the cabins that people use in Haven Environments as atonement revenge for it being forced upon the coder! Lol!

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    /Would definitely join a @Trigru Order.
    VidgetJayce