MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Setbacks.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Random inability to relieve pain in your back. No matter how you change how you sleep, how you sit, how you (insert menial task that can affect the way your back feels.)

Even the pain meds the doc has me on for a pain regiment isn't working. This....blows.
    PhoeneciaIshin
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Notice the sidewalk was wet a couple days ago, thinking it was a sprinkler head that was the issue. Nope. Broken water pipe under the house. No basement, no crawlspace. Now I am waiting for the plumber to get here to try and find said leak and find out if they're going to have to pull up my floors to get to it in order to fix it. This freaking sucks. Could really use some good news.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    To those who know me OOCly know I rarely drink or party or anything, im actually a rather responsible and boring potato, when I moved in with my little brother I had a ground rule of not permitting alcohol in the house, as I really dont like it, having a father with cirrhosis of the liver, its kind of one of those things I really abhor.

Mind you I do enjoy my Kraken once in a while, but I think I go on six or seven month stretches without drinking even then, and its like two drinks cause my stomach implodes when I indulge.

Well on Wednesday morning after working a 12 hour shift I came home to an apartment filled with underage kids, 8 bottles of liquor on my counter and vomit on my carpet, mind you everything in this apartment I paid for. They also decided to make bacon cheeseburgers on high heat on the stove and then pour the hot grease into cold dishwater which has resulted in coating my kitchen in a film of grease that even after a deep clean I am still finding. You would think in a place I pay 1100 a month for rent and offer them a home to live in I would be given respect, especially by my own family.

Long story short im moving out, and frustrated to hell with the situation as a whole.
    Disgusted actually.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Sorry to hear that, Aarbs. Bad roommates are unfortunate, I have definitely been in a similar situation before.
    AarbrokTrigruAryanneIshinNolaPiper
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    It's all good @Iosyne‌ I spoke to my rental office, and we are working on arrangements, if anything moving into the city will be better for me and save me an hour and a half train ride each way to and from work.

I appreciate the words. :)
    EmelleTeani
  • Moving company finally comes with my stuff, 4 hours late, with pieces missing to my bed frame, give up and leave.

This is annoying, but what really makes me mad is that I'm 2 hours late getting to the bar to drink with friends!

Ishin
  • Sick as a dog. What a croc. :neutral_face:

Ishin
  • Severe bronchitis and 29 hours of international travel.
    The airlines were all nice about it though at the Dubai airport during my stopover they plugged me into an IV and drip feed me a couple of bottle of paracetamol and saline so I could get on my next flight, which they put me up in firstclass so they could keep an eye on me as my nose slowly drip vino on my shirt. At the airport they sped me through customs and put me in a little room while they took care of my bags and helped me clean up.

I am positive they would have stopped me, told me I was to sick to fly at some point but I think little white girl huddled in a wheelchair caked in blood crying in a small squeaky, half-ruined voice "I'm so sick, I just want to go home to my Mum. Please let me go home I just have one more flight to catch. Please let me go home." was to pathetic/heartbreaking.

Well to be honest it was more "I.. sick.. _COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH GASP WHEEZE COUGH COUGH_ just... h-h-home COUGH DIE EBOLA DIE COUGH COUGH" etc.

Politics
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Note to self: Ebola = first class plane trip. Got it.
    Aryanne
  • I want a new job.
    SetneIshin
  • @Xenia Why were your bed pieces missing? Did they just leave them at the old place?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • No idea why, meyvitch. they were missing bolts and stuff.

• Sick at home, when this was last week I had to get through to finally clear my points record and start earning bonuses again. It was also longest day this week. Now I have to figure out how to make up the hrs.

I don't know what I have. Throat is burning, but talking fine, it's been soreish for about a week. BAH!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I have no idea how it happened, but my shoulder is completely stiff, and it's painful to move. I haven't gone to the gym or lifted any weights in the past couple of days, so I know I didn't injure it there. It kind of annoys me at how completely random it was.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Xenia: When moving, I always put all the bolts and stuff in separate small bags and tape them to the item they belong to. That way they don't disappear as easily.

Emelle
  • Teani yeah, lesson learned for next time. Still annoying though!

Teani
    @Xenia: I've moved quite afew times. You learn something new every time!

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Been feeling very depressed and unmotivated these past few days. Just want to curl into a ball, turn off the lights and just avoid everything.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    OleisIshin
  • Phoenecia said:

I have no idea how it happened, but my shoulder is completely stiff, and it's painful to move. I haven't gone to the gym or lifted any weights in the past couple of days, so I know I didn't injure it there. It kind of annoys me at how completely random it was.

Sleep on that side? That's how I usually do it or in the current case I've pulled a muscle from coughing to hard :(

Politics
  • I don't know how many of you guys watch True Blood (hush, it's my guilty pleasure) but without spoilers, all I'm going to say is wow, that finale.

7 years is plenty of time to learn how to end a season properly :(

Aryanne
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited August 2014

gaaaaaaaaaay

I'm sorry, that really wasn't appropriate. Apologies to you especially, @Slyphe!

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Trigru said:

gaaaaaaaaaay

You know, I just got muted for saying similar.

My rage is at people playing ranked League who have no business playing ranked League. Makes me want to kick kittens.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited August 2014
    I also rage that I supposedly can't flag a moderator's post :(

Aryanne
  • So, been in the new apartment for about two weeks now. My boyfriend was complaining about how our wifi was awful and constantly kicking him off, I wasn't experiencing it and so it was really puzzling. Then he started wiring his computer and then my wifi started doing the same. After about a day of this I just switched to being tethered to the modem on my laptop. However, soon we started noticing that our ping was low. We began to think someone was trying to hack our wifi and was constantly kicking off one of the devices (since one of our phones kept getting kicked off the wifi) on our network to get the key.

So, we try adding more security settings, mac address filtering, etc. and low and behold, wifi is fine. Stuff like this really does annoy me.

Ishin
  • edited August 2014
    Pneumonia.

Welp, better than a blood clot I guess.

Politics
    IshinTeani
    So, Sweden's nazi party (they don't call themselves that, but it's basic ally what they are) is having a meeting around the corner from my house. Of course their activity has sparked some tension, so now there's police EVERYWHERE. They're in cars, on foot and on horseback! They've blocked off the entire area where the meeting is held (which is a nearby square in the city center, where loads of shops are), holding back loads of people from going about their usual business.

Their reason? They don't want there to be any violence due to the rather controversial messages they will be speaking about. Reasonable, yes, but frustrating because I live RIGHT BY THE FUCKING SQUARE!

• Regularly occurring headaches lately, tense shoulders and back spasms. I have this problem unless I jog twice a week at minimum. Nothing else ever helps it in the long run, and I just haven't had time. Ugh it makes it hard to sleep..
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nola said:

Regularly occurring headaches lately, tense shoulders and back spasms. I have this problem unless I jog twice a week at minimum. Nothing else ever helps it in the long run, and I just haven't had time. Ugh it makes it hard to sleep..

You know what you need? Some secks.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RiluoJamiErzsebetGwenithJensenHaven
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I enjoy quiet days as much as the next person but when I have to actually stay awake for them and not curl back up in a ball until the world is more interesting, it makes me sadface. Work is much ded. many no ones. very not wow.

I just want to nap until noon and go get lunch. Is it too much to ask for >.>

IshinAryanneValenaeGwenith