Balls'd it up

edited August 2014 in Roleplay Logs
--Making Valingar and Benedicto do their oaths at the new pillar--

"I did not miss his Oath yet?" Valingar realizes with a glance at Benedicto.

You shake your head.

Glancing at Valingar as he enters, Benedicto grins. "All I feel is that I want to say something nasty about Valingar."

Very seriously, you say, "He is having Oath-giver's block."

As if deeply saddened by this, Valingar says to Benedicto Silverain, "You want to immortalize your lies?"

Kylan D'ashil says, "You could make your oath "I don't know!""

Kylan D'ashil says, "It would sum up your entire time in the Daru nicely, I think."

Firmly, Benedicto Silverain says to Valingar, "Truths, you mean?"

Benedicto narrows his eyes at Kylan.

The corners of Kylan's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Valingar rubs two fingers absently along the line of his jaw, as if distracted. "Good thing you are going first," he muses to Benedicto. "I can only improve on whatever you come up with, so less pressure on me."

You say to Harudhiel, "You're getting a taste of something common that should be labeled as, 'when Daru men get together'"

Harudhiel giggles happily.

Whispering, you say, "I think it's some kind of bonding ritual."

With a slight nod, Harudhiel demonstrates her understanding.

Kylan D'ashil says, "Well, we have to have something that is ours."

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Benedicto crosses his arms and leans against the pillar, a wry grin upon his lips at Valingar's words.

Benedicto sets his palm against a warm obsidian pillar veined with fire.

Benedicto Silverain says, "I could say that I pledge to defend the Monastery and the Daru ways against the ugliness of Valingar's face and from the rapier wit of the aged master Kylan-DHARS BALLS!"

Benedicto jerks hastily away from the pillar, his face slack with horror.

The temperature around the Pillar rises to uncomfortable heights as fire blossoms within it, heat and light erupting from the surface beneath Benedicto's touch.

Kylan snickers under his breath.

Benedicto breathes a sigh of relief.

Nola relaxes, the sudden bout of tension easing from her muscles.

Smoothly, you say, "I would have killed you."

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Benedicto Silverain wryly says, "I think we narrowly avoided a complete and utter balls up."

The Pillar flashes with incandescent light, spilling forth a wave of heat from its glowing form; words burn themselves into the stone, seared indelibly into the Pillar's surface.

Valingar says, "Well."

You say, "And now I have to.."

"You can be a warning example to future generations," Valingar muses to Benedicto.

Kylan D'ashil says, "... Hahaha."

Nola's sudden movement sends one pie directly at Benedicto's face.

You start to wield a warm apple pie with whipped cream in your left hand.

You throw a warm apple pie with whipped cream at Benedicto, but it does little more than startle him.

Harudhiel sits down in a meditative position.

Kylan D'ashil says, "Well.."

Kylan D'ashil says, "Future generations will know we narrowly avoided a.. "Complete and utter balls up"."

Benedicto pulls a face of terrified expectation, as if he had just sucked on something bitter as he looks between you and the pillar. His face dripping with warm apple filling and cream. "Shit." He says simply.

Her voice rising high, Nola's fury might seem comical to the casual observer. "Now you really balls'd it all up! GOOD! Now the young will have an example of what NOT to do!" Then she is chasing Benedicto, screaming, "AFTER I BEAT YOU TO A PULP TO HANG YOUR BODY FROM THE MONASTERY GATES AS RETRIBUTION!"

"AHHHHH!" Benedicto screams as he flees before your wrath. He dodges around the other side of a pillar in an effort to escape you.

His expression smoothing into a calm mask, despite his surroundings, Kylan D'ashil says, "Well, Valingar.."

Valingar barely notices the girly screams from Benedicto, scratching his chin absently.

Kylan D'ashil says to Valingar, "You can only improve on that one."

Valingar says to Kylan D'ashil, "I told you. I can only improve from a failure like his."

Kylan D'ashil says, "Please try to set a good example."

Kylan D'ashil says, "We're about to be one male Zealot less. I'd rather we keep the few remaining we have."

Valingar says, "Those screams hardly sound male."

Kylan D'ashil says, "Yes.. well.."

Nola throws the second pie, trying to slow Benedicto down as she jolts forward, her voice blaring in the backdrop of an otherwise calm gathering, "YOU CAN'T AVOID FATE FOR LONG!" She pauses on the other side of the pillar, obviously strategically planning her next move, eyes fixed on Benedicto like a predator out for blood.

Kylan D'ashil says, "Don't put yourself at risk."

Benedicto jerks out from his side of the pillar and runs to hide behind Valingar. He grips him by the shoulders and shoves him forcefully in the your direction.

Benedicto shifts his eyes from side to side suspiciously.

The Crescent flickers briefly and brightly, illuminating the Hall.

Nola's lips curve up in a dreadful grin as she hisses out to the pair of troublemakers, "You should both know I don't mind a few casualties here and there.." She then lurches forward.

Kylan D'ashil says to Initiate of Purity, Harudhiel, "Do not worry. This is not.. what I would call a normal guild gathering."

Harudhiel does a backward handspring to avoid all the commotion.

Nola's curled fingers aims a tight, forceful fist towards Benedicto - anywhere she can manage to hit him, she tries.

Jogging past Kylan and Harudhiel, Benedicto looks back over his shoulder at Kylan and yells, "You -say- that..."

"You old bastard," Valingar protests as he is flung in the general direction of you, his body landing against the pillar, knocking out the air from his lungs with an 'oomph'. He stills, realizing he brushed the pillar in doing so, as if considering the next words carefully.

Benedicto frowns in concentration and you see a glazed look momentarily cross Valingar's face.
Valingar sets his palm against a warm obsidian pillar veined with fire.

The temperature around the Pillar rises to uncomfortable heights as fire blossoms within it, heat and light erupting from the surface beneath Valingar's touch.

Kylan bows his head forward, pressing his forehead into his palm with a weary sigh.

Nola stops abruptly in her fearless pursuit to give Valingar an uncomfortable stare of expectation.

Kylan D'ashil says, "Choose your next words carefully, Valingar."

Benedicto turns back to stare at Valingar before he doubles over in breathless laughter.

Finally, after a painstaking silence, Valingar simply shakes his head and speaks three words.

Valingar says, "I will endure."

The Pillar flashes with incandescent light, spilling forth a wave of heat from its glowing form; words burn themselves into the stone, seared indelibly into the Pillar's surface.

Seeming to have found this acceptable, Nola's wrath redirecting her attention back to Benedicto. One foot goes right for the softest, most painful spot she can think of.

Valingar says to Benedicto Silverain, "It's a surprise that I can endure you, though."

Benedicto manages to twist as your foot swings towards his nether regions, though it still catches him. With a "oof" he crumples to the ground, his hands moving to cradle his damaged goods.

With a sigh, Kylan D'ashil says, "You deserve that, Benedicto.."

Nola folds her arms across her chest, glaring down at the man. In comment, she says, "Now it isn't."

Benedicto rolls from side to side on the ground, his hands clasping his bruised fruits. "It was an accident!" He groans. "Unnhhhh, I think she broke something."

Kylan D'ashil says, "If she did, it was thoroughly deserved."

Absently, with a remarkable lack of sympathy, Valingar says to Benedicto Silverain, "I'm sure you'll endure too."

Nola nudges Benedicto not-so-gently with her foot - practically stepping on Benedicto as she heatedly chastises him, "The price you pay! What did we learn?"

Benedicto attempts to bat your foot away each time it comes towards him. "Not to lean on the pillar that records the next words out of your mouth that you only get one go at thereby making it completely irrelevant as a lesson?" He speaks each word quickly, his tone a mimicry of a child responding to a scolding parent.

Sparking her ire more, Nola presses down on Benedicto's ribs to crunch them underfoot, saying through clenched teeth, "Good enough."

"Okay, okay!" Benedicto exclaims, laughing softly as he attempts to wriggle out from beneath your boot. "I've learned my lesson, let me up!"

Nola pulls her foot back, finally allowing Benedicto some peace from her assault.

Valingar says, "You know, I'd love to stay to watch Benedicto's misery but."

Valingar says, "Battle calls and who would I be not to answer?"

Valingar puts on a pair of wings of the eagle.
Valingar utters in low, reverbating tones, "Duanathar."
Valingar is swiftly carried into the skies and out of sight by a pair of wings of the eagle.

You say to Benedicto, "Go hobble along after Valingar before I change my mind and decide I'm not through with you."

Benedicto struggles to his feet and gives himself a cursory dust off. "Yes Ma'am."

You see Benedicto shout, "WAIT FOR ME VALINGAR!"

Benedicto Silverain says, "Duanathar."
Benedicto is swiftly carried into the skies and out of sight by a pair of wings.

Kylan heaves a slow sigh, his fingertips massaging his forehead.

Nola turns to stare the pillar's inscription, frowns, then finally smirks. "It can't be helped.. wouldn't be true to the Daru way if it weren't for their goof-offs showing through," she comments idly now, almost fondly. Almost.

AlexinaValingarBenedictoElieXeniaJayceHavenCiarelle

Comments

• Nola said:

Benedicto Silverain says, "I could say that I pledge to defend the Monastery and the Daru ways against the ugliness of Valingar's face and from the rapier wit of the aged master Kylan-DHARS BALLS!"

Haaaaaaahahahahaha.... I enjoyed reading this whole thing but after reading that I had to peel myself off the floor in laughter!

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
    Joul
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Shame it only works for guilded Daru!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2