Requirements to get class

124»

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I imagine if it's really just alts metaswarming a guild to coup, admin are going to deal with it. But in general, there's not really any reason that a sketchy(IC) regime change isn't a totally valid thing. Bringing in a horde of friends, or recruiting allies, it's just politics.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    So do we. And that has bitten me in the butt before, such as with the coup. You handle them as special cases and find ways to address them through roleplay without using the default mechanics as a crutch or excuse. You are building the standard/bar/ceiling really low and around potential extenuating circumstances, which is where the problem arises.

Syssin have a really rich roleplay culture, or at least they used to - you have plenty in your communal disposal to create censures and tasks to adapt roleplay as needed per situations without forever clinging to the mechanical caps. It seems like the effort is not even being made/dismissed due to "but but but."
    SolariaElie
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Areka: @Jensen just explained that he views someone who can vote on important matters of the guild a full member. This priv, as far as I've heard, is set by Admin at GR3, so if it was possible to MOVE that priv to something higher up and call that "Full membership", he would probably be more inclined to let people in and gain GR3 as quickly as Admin wishes and have them earn trust and become full members later on without a probationary time.

Personally, I would not be opposed to this. I kind of agree that voting rights is connected to a deep understanding of the guild (something one gains after being part of it for a longer time than it takes to gain GR3 with these requirements) and is considered a trustworthy member (which comes naturally after some time of interaction with other guild members)

JensenIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @Areka I don't think our playerbase is nonjudgmental enough for your idea. From what I have witnessed in several orgs (Both guilds and cities, not limited to this one character) people will vote on their entrance. Someone will inevitably go "Didn't X do Y?" or "Isn't X known for Y?" Maybe it's pk related, exterminating, shouting, causing headaches, maybe it's orghopping, or maybe it's minor. But it skews the vote regardless. People will then say "well if someone has a problem, my vote is no." And boom, that character can't join the city/guild. It's not a Syssin thing, my experiences with them are only an irl year old, I've been playing this game since Shallam.

All I know is I want to be able to counter "Didn't X do Y?" or "Isn't X known for Y?" with "Let them in on a probation term and we'll see how they are first hand." Not "LOL sux 4 u, not gettin syssin while I'm here." This is the last response to it, I'm positive I'm not going to get it changed, and that is unfortunate.
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Voting in elections/referendums isn't the same thing as contesting for GM. Voting could be moved up, sure, but there would still need to be sanctions on it, like with class, otherwise you'll have orgs placing voting at gr10/only leadership-appointed secretaries.

The risk of coups sucks. It does. I've been through it. It doesn't change my stance though.

IshinErzsebet
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited August 2014
    9 . REDACTED1: "Well, okay, but you're not, as an organization, allowed to boot anyone for "not progressing", which means voting on it is a bit pointless, wouldn't you say?"

10. REDACTED1: "Am I wrong about that? Are they allowed to?"

11. SECRETARY: "We were told that, as long as we dumbed down our requirements, we can do whatever we want with the Guild."

So is this actually a thing? Were the Syssin informed that, requirements 'dumbed down', they could do whatever they wanted with their members? As it stands there are two of us scheduled for a vote amidst the leadership about 'not progressing' or 'going too slow'. I could go into further detail, but is this really something that they were told?

EDIT: Correction, four of us now.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Jayce
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    @Trager in the original post by @Razmael he says:

Please remember that choosing to progress through the guild IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. I don't care if
    someone sits at whatever guildrank they are all day, that's their prerogative as a player of a GAME.

So, no. You -cannot- boot someone from a guild for -not- progressing.

AryanneJayce
  • edited August 2014
    (edit) Ninja'd by Kerryn!

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Definitely not okay.
    AryanneAarbrokAshmer
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I basically agree with every guild post moirean makes involving making them functional and new things to add to them. I have a question!

Is it possible to change how to guildfavor? Can I say, guildfavor X to rank 2, 3, 4? Maybe JUST those ranks but it is so difficult to judge if I'm going to pop them over where I need them to be sitting or not by accident. It's not a BAD thing, but it does make me forget who is sitting where for interviews and at what ranks.

ArekaMoireanAarbrokAshmerArenCiarelleKerryn
  • It would be useful if guild leaders could PROMOTE people, as Houses can, instead of having to push them through the ranks by guildfavors alone.

IshinAryanneKerrynErzsebetAshmerSaritaSarkis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Usually it should only take 2-3 to get to rank 3 as long as it's high ranked/sec favors.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Elie said:

It would be useful if guild leaders could PROMOTE people, as Houses can, instead of having to push them through the ranks by guildfavors alone.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    We've been asking for this for years.
    IshinSaritaMarienaSarkis