Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2014
    I want to echo what @Ishin said about locking perhaps one or two classes to each city, rather than to a tether. Also that the perception is that we can't break free from Bloodloch due to various stances from Gods, players viewing Spines as just as bad as Bloodloch anyway, and so on. It makes it difficult to accomplish, will take a -LOT- of time and effort from a few people that might potentially burn out, unless there's some help from Admin to make it easier. Make the XP at lessers restrict around citymates not tether, promote small events to make it viable to reach out in small things to other cities, make each city have something that is -theirs- in some sense that can be used as a bargaining chip, seriously consider the swap for the two guilds who want to swap cities, generally assist in ways to make stubborn players who stick to black and white see that there -can- be a grey scale.

I also want to echo @Rashar's words: Please take a stance AGAINST blanket enemying. Let that be for whatever actions a character takes, not for what org they belong to. Just because they are not allies doesn't mean you -have- to be friendly with them and let them become citizens.

ElieAarbrok
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    [[ Please excuse this break in your regularly scheduled meta-convo:

Why are shouts and yells config'd to be the same color, and why can yells be heard across havens? Clearly I'm incapable of reading because I'm distracted by the pretty colors. ]]
    JayceAryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    For those of you following this thread, I'm going to start moving my replies to Alexina's so that more mundane rage doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

@Emelle -- Shouts across havens is one of those sort-of-bugs-sort-of-not things. Technically, all havens are in the same area. As for differentiating area-wide and continent-wide? That's a very good idea.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Jayce
  • edited August 2014
    While I really recognize the frustration of having to class switch if you defect, tethers restricting classes are a large balancing factor, not even considering how they limit some more ridiculous combinations. Back before they existed, most of the people running classes outside their own cities or allied cities were darkside. This was because lightside vampires couldn't and still can't be justified by any stretch of RP, unless we really go Twilight here. Enorian can't really let necromancers run around either - and I don't think Duiran can either, due to things like exterminate. Lightside divine took a very narrow view to lightside players picking up darkside classes during the one or two times I ever saw it attempted. For the most part, it was a fairly one sided deal iirc.
    ArekaXarianJayceAryanneTeaniStathanIlyonJoulPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Deffing up as a lycan feels like it takes an eternity because of all the things that take EQ and/or Balance to set up.

StathanIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2014
    Finding out that you are too trusting and as a result of being strung along you got ripped off. I am disappointed in myself for being so easily fooled and in thinking people like this "unnamed asshole" are in our community. Now I need to consider where I go from here. I contacted a third party website I used and they explained that because it was not a tangible item, it can not be repaid. It would not be so bad had I not just left one job to start another in 6 weeks and could afford to lose cash. However I can not. They know who they are and I will not say who, but they are a tosser and scumbag.

/rant over

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Yarel
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Teani said:

Deffing up as a lycan feels like it takes an eternity because of all the things that take EQ and/or Balance to set up.

Try Bloodborn some time.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    do u even shaman bro
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    More of a wistful thing than a rage, but I wish there weren't two curing systems. Going vampire would open up more facets of gameplay and engage me in new ways, but it would just be so expensive - I'd lose concoctions, harvest gloves, and reanimation isn't nearly as profitable as concoctions as far as shops go.
    Rivas
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Moirean said:

More of a wistful thing than a rage, but I wish there weren't two curing systems. Going vampire would open up more facets of gameplay and engage me in new ways, but it would just be so expensive - I'd lose concoctions, harvest gloves, and reanimation isn't nearly as profitable as concoctions as far as shops go.

Welcome to my life. :( I hope we can make it better some day soon.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    MoireanIshin
    Just make everything into pellets. >_>
    Aarbrok
    Exactly! Eno can be sheep (cuz religious flock stuff), Duiran can be ferrets (cuz ferret sounds like feral), Spines can be vivisected science lab monkeys and Bloodloch can be the rabbit from monty python.

DONE, OLEIS. I'll take payment in credits. OR A PONY.
    OleisEmelleElieCalihye
  • Valingar said:

Back before they existed, most of the people running classes outside their own cities or allied cities were darkside. This was because lightside vampires couldn't and still can't be justified by any stretch of RP, unless we really go Twilight here. Enorian can't really let necromancers run around either - and I don't think Duiran can either, due to things like exterminate. Lightside divine took a very narrow view to lightside players picking up darkside classes during the one or two times I ever saw it attempted. For the most part, it was a fairly one sided deal iirc.

So basically... Enorian and Duiran's RP and leadership decisions necessitated the creation of tethers, because it wasn't 'fair' for the 'badguys' to not be under the same restrictions that said RP and leadership decisions imposed on Enorian and Duiran... Maybe I am just in a weird mood, but that sounds like a very bad deal. "Hey, I don't like chocolate ice cream, so you can't eat vanilla!"

See, the reverse RP works quite well. What could possibly be the greater victory for Corruption than a Luminary who embraces his inner darkness and uses his abilities to burn Enorian in its own beloved flame? Or a Templar who is forcibly turned into a vampire, and under the dominion of his Sire, finds himself unable to return to Enorian and face the shame of his 'weakness'.

While I am thinking along this line, why is it that it is so inconceivable that a Vampire may hate his own kind so much that he seeks to use his powers to destroy them? Or that a Cabalist seeks to use the powers of Numerology to the benefit of Enorian or Duiran? We have @Aarbrok‌ who RPs a cabalist who dislikes, and avoids using Necromancy...

I suppose this goes back to the discussion of how narrow the RP of Enorian and Duiran is, and the interesting fact that the narrowness of that RP forces changes on the game as a whole.
    IshinRiluoXarian
  • LimLim
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I don't really see how someone playing a dark class can't also at the same time be filled with self loathing and wanting to destroy others of his kind. Plenty of reason why he's trapped in that internal conflict and is trying to find redemption by destroying external darkness. Think Constantine trying to find redemption (but slightly different because his 'taint' is from suicide, and not say, being a demon himself - oh actually, think Hellboy). Vampire Louis. The more I think about it, I think it's about extremist RP painting itself into a corner, rather than actual balancing concerns. The solution would be to introduce an outlet for less extreme RP. A 'light' version of Spinesreach that is more accommodating of people who use dark powers against the dark side.
    IshinYarelRiluo
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2014
    In that regard @Yarel‌ - Most Cabalists arent huge fans of Necromancy in the flavour the Indorani utilise it, ain't our thing, why limit yourself to the essence of death...seems like a half assed embrace of the artform. If I...and probably other Cabalists had our way, we would want a reskinned version of Necromancy which was exactly the same but without the OOOooooh so dark and creepy involved, I feel like I should have bangs and snakebite piercings to use it with Aarbrok
    YarelErzsebet
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    All a Duirani/Spirean alliance needs is a lack of Carnifex, a reskinned Cabalist tertiary skill, and a forestry and land management department.

Lim
    edited August 2014
    Teeeeeeeeechnically @Serrice‌ - Carni are Bloodloch Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

Aarbrok already is all up on the arbor preservation and research program cause #Haern
    Carnis are nice people :(
    AarbrokAshmerSlypheTrigru
    Except @Argolis‌ , hes kind of a butt.
    Setne
    No, he's SHOWING his butt.
    AarbrokTeaniEmelle
    edited August 2014
    I imagine the great tensions between the two powers will be from @Aarbrok saying BUT I CAN MAKE NATURE /BETTER/ and Duiran going :| What.

EDIT: There may be a giant mutant tree involved.

MoireanTeani
    edited August 2014
    This may or may not have been the exact discussion that took place on GT, when Aarbrok said he was going to splice numerous trees together into a supertree. They already likely have a report filed on the risk of me doing this.

EDIT: Not even joking

SPINESREACH NEWS #2507
    Date: 7/25/2014 at 1:54
    To : Everyone
    Subj: The Arbor Project - The Tree of Many Fruits
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Serrice said:

All a Duirani/Spirean alliance needs is a lack of Carnifex, a reskinned Cabalist tertiary skill, and a forestry and land management department.

Never gonna happen. VIVA LA TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTION!!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aarbrok said:

This may or may not have been the exact discussion that took place on GT, when Aarbrok said he was going to splice numerous trees together into a supertree. They already likely have a report filed on the risk of me doing this.

EDIT: Not even joking

SPINESREACH NEWS #2507
    Date: 7/25/2014 at 1:54
    To : Everyone
    Subj: The Arbor Project - The Tree of Many Fruits

Namechange to Arborbrok incoming.
    Aarbrok
    That's not really true. Most modern industralized civilizations today have forestry and land management departments. In Europe, it started around the 14th and 15th centuries and forestry was a well studied science by the 18th and 19th centuries in Western Europe. The US Department of the Interior was established in 1849, well after the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. At some point, people realized it was easier to properly manage natural resources, especially renewable ones, rather than consume them at an unfettered rate and eventually have no more of it left to fuel the gears of industry.

Emelle
    Hell, im not saying lets go full alliance with the forestfolk, but they have commodities and proximity bonus multipliers, look at it like a business arrangement, not a sharing and relating upon ideals. We give you guys real booze, we use some of your trees....
    +1 production from forest.

Just means I would need to hire Orc Peons to shout "Jobs done" everytime they chop down a tree
    AshmerMoireanTrigruIshin
This discussion has been closed.