Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I just give mine to my artipet and gave it a message for eating things.
  • I borrowed one to clear out my Haven which was full of junk. I was considering making a room in there called rubbish bin.
    Aarbrok
    I did that once, Filled a room, deleted it, then remade it to get rid of things.
    Infin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    IDK about the other cities, but in Duiran the core of the Great Oak eats/destroys objects.

Spinesreach has a tlingor, Humgii and a Singularity now I think...

Bloodloch has that slime cube.
  • I didn't know about the core. I've been using Spinesreach's tlingor >.>

• I feel bad about using the core in the Great Oak. Here is our last remaining connection with Lleis, verdant goddess and symbol of purity and good and BLAH SHOVE ALL THE TRASH INTO IIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Politics
    RowenaAarbrokAshmer
  • Rowena said:

Pocket humgii should be a gold item somewhere. It's silly dropping unwanted rings all over the place.

You can re enchant them now.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Gwenith said:

I feel bad about using the core in the Great Oak. Here is our last remaining connection with Lleis, verdant goddess and symbol of purity and good and BLAH SHOVE ALL THE TRASH INTO IIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

I guess instead of thinking of it as destroying it, think of it as FEEDING IT FUEL. E = mc² If it's truly being destroyed than it's creating tremendous energy!

Haven
  • Gwenith said:

I feel bad about using the core in the Great Oak. Here is our last remaining connection with Lleis, verdant goddess and symbol of purity and good and BLAH SHOVE ALL THE TRASH INTO IIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

It's okay, She was a ho.

i am rapture coder
    AshmerAuresaeInfin
  • Wasn't she a really nice lady?

<- 's Aetolia lore is astounding.
  • A HO.

i am rapture coder
    AshmerAuresaeInfin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Fo Sho. Also goddess of recycling's tree
    Sarita
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Spikey's all the way north from the IG. That little tlingor has an endless stomach.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I tend to drop stuff in random exits from my wings rooms. There are little trash piles all around the world.

But, yes, @Maghak awesomely added a new humgii to Spines just the other day. I was sorting through a bajillion letters at the post office and was like OMG WE NEED A SINGULARITY HERE TO EAT SHIT and lo, he made it happen.
    Ishin
    Compendium is a great idea, but it covers so few areas! Can we get more areas released, such as high level spots like Xaanhal, Spiral, Volcano, Tcanna (I saw some given away from there as a prize?) as well as lower level, popular, places like Drakuum, Caldera, Mor, etc. I don't really hunt most of the spots the Compendium covers, but I enjoy having deathsense so I can help out guild/citymates by letting them know good spots to go.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Ya, @Moirean, friend of mine got a Tcanna page for winning the Twitter thing
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would be nice if you could add books to library shelves by number, and by that I mean, 'library add 255235 1' for the first shelf, like clan positions.
    MoireanDamonicusErzsebet
  • Erzsebet said:

To where you could go look door east and see like 'This door is '? That'd be neat. And yeeess. Fancy keys. Along with a way maybe to change existant keys to be fancykeys.

Going a bit back with this, but I didn't see someone make the joke.

MY KEYS ARE FANCY, SO IS MY DOOR. I'M ON THE HIGHWAY, FROM NORTH OF TREES TO DE-E-LOS!

I had to do it, I'm sorry.

• HAVENS ENVIRONMENT
    - Set the environment for the room you are in. You can set the environment to Constructed Underground, Natural Underground, Forest, Freshwater, Saltwater, Swamp, Beach, Jungle, Graveyard or Garden.

Please to be adding Mountains, Hills, and Tundra to available haven environment choices. I can understand why urban-ee and ruin options are off the list, as those should be utilized in credit-bought homes. I can kinda understand why paths and roads are off the list, because they're made available for mechanical ease in navigating the main world and nothing else. But why are you leaving off mountains, hills, and tundra from a practically outdoor list?

I'm kinda confused why Garden is on the list, if urban is off, but w/e.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

MoireanTrigruErzsebet
    You can't set those with houses either. Player-set environments needs a bigger range.
    Trigru
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    I'll put that on The List™.
    ArekaMoireanErzsebet
    edited August 2014
    Could Xaanhal be added back to placs that give points? With a 2 hour CD and other places like Tcanna open, Xaanhal isn't going to really make a difference in who wins, but it seems an unnecessary penalization for people just bashing for participation points.
    IshinErzsebetAlexina
    Why do you disagree, @Angwe?

Another Great Hunt idea:

It would be nice if there was a champions' tier for past winners or a way to bump yourself down a rank to 2nd if you already have the honors line. I want to bash for the xp and some credits, but I don't need first as I have the line...but I don't want to sit and not bash for half the hunt. I feel kinda lame being in first but I don't want to miss the xp bonus.
    Aishia
    GREAT HUNT IDEA: Challenge Mobs

Certain areas may randomly spawn an area emote, a ear grating screech is heard in the foothills, etcetera.

Perhaps a special mob like an ancient Roc, or like....A dugger Patriarch, A scarred wildcat spawns, and you get bonus points for killing it, if you are in that area. I think that could be a cool idea.
    Moirean
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That reminds me of Sword of the New World. The areas were large and labyrinthine, and they had one boss each. The twist was, the boss wasn't tethered to one room. Sometimes, you loaded in to the Tetra ruins and SURPRISE! The Praetorian was waiting for you.

Good times.

AarbrokIshinTrigru
  • The layout of the Greathunt ranks.

Split the giant list with every rank on it into bite sized chunks. Make it so maybe that 25-30 ranks are shown at a time and you can scroll different pages.

Politics
    That's how it currently is displayed. It sounds like you just have your pagelength set super long.
    Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited August 2014
    The config options for Serenity set the pagelength to maximum.

Edited to add: It's so certain parsing functions actually display the way they're intended. It won't break anything if you config the pagelength back to a shorter set.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• The ability to trade in all your arties for like 50 or 60% and transfer the credits to another char.
    ErzsebetLim