The month of January 2013

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    The damage has been done and if it's as big as it sounds already then my advice would be to just make the best of the situation.

Great opportunity for the ambitious and power hungry characters out there. Good luck to the Houses.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ezrax said:
    you see guys not too long ago you were verbally castrating me, now i am a cool hip trendsetter
    Sooooo cooooooool.
  • dont worry azrael

if you have a problem with the game razmael@aetolia.com is your friend

i promise it is more productive then passive-aggressive forum posts
  • No sense in getting your knickers in a twist, you're free to metagame at your own will, just as the other house is, with or without administrative permission.

• edited February 2013
    Foul, unrepeatable words boom across the firmament as the curse of Ivoln, the Earthen Lord settles upon the Teradrim.

[GUILD LEADERS]
             Imperator of the Earth: Infin
                      Divine Patron: (nobody)
            Guardian of the Pillars: Kaeus, Macavity, Kiershu, and Paithan
             Keeper of the Awakened: Paithan

Someone didnt catch the memo about Guilds being on the chopping-block, BAD TIME TO MAKE PATRONS MAD! D:

AxaiAzraelGrasa
  • Azrael said:
    Yeah, apparently it's better to lose all of your history as opposed to being reverted back to a clan. Cool trend. :-)
    I totally agree with Azrael. If the House cannot be saved then I would prefer reverting back to a clan where those of us who wish to preserve our long history and exist in an agreeable atmosphere could do so. Sounds a lot better than loosing it all in a merger where the name would just be wiped off all slates.
    AzraelSaritaAxai
  • edited February 2013
    This conversation seems to be going in the wrong direction (because for some reason we're back to HOUSE MERGERS AND AHH ANGRY- there is ANOTHER THREAD for that, if you wish to talk about it, 'House Merging').

If no one else has any questions or something productive to add, I'd say this topic has just about run its course. 
    AzraelAlycena
    Neoma said:
    Azrael said:
    Yeah, apparently it's better to lose all of your history as opposed to being reverted back to a clan. Cool trend. :-)
    I totally agree with Azrael. If the House cannot be saved then I would prefer reverting back to a clan where those of us who wish to preserve our long history and exist in an agreeable atmosphere could do so. Sounds a lot better than loosing it all in a merger where the name would just be wiped off all slates.
    There are ways around that by establishing that history in your city's culture or something. Make a holiday or a tradition or something in remembrance of House X. Sounds like a reasonable request to make of the Administration to me. You could even write a book in-game with all the information that you feel is important that you wish to preserve then pop it into the library.

Those are just a few things that you can do.
    havenbanner2
    AzraelHaern
  • edited February 2013
    Calipso said:
    Foul, unrepeatable words boom across the firmament as the curse of Ivoln, the Earthen Lord settles upon the Teradrim.

Gods I so wish I could have been online in the game when that happened!! That curse has been brought forth by Az, who is Teradrim, who was quick to point out to Ivoln that Infin had inducted a living person into the Teradrim. *takes a bow* thank you, thank you. Long live the undead! Actually makes you giddy to see your work pay off, even if it's something that brings harm to the organization, for the better good of the organization.

@Haven I like the idea of holidays to honor folks or organizations that have long since passed! Very good idea!

EzalorAxaiIlyonOrisaePerilunaPiper
  • @Razmael, just an idea, perhaps the newbie intro can be updated to allow people to choose statpacks instead of just race?
    DaskalosArbre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'd also suggest allowing infinite reincarnations until 21 (or maybe we do this already).

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• We do, iirc
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Yep.
  • edited February 2013
    Damonicus said:
    Is it possible to let us know now what guilds are going bye bye so we can get the anger out now?
    Im going to restate this. Please @Razmael can you let us know more about the upcoming plans on this? Cant just drop a bomb like that on us and then disappear :(.

P.S: An edition to the Collider would be great also :).
  • This is pretty much the Collider's replacement, scheduled to happen at the end of every month.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I, for one, love that you're not just blurting out everything. There's something to be said for having a bit of mystique still involved in the game and I like that I know we'll be a bit blindsided by events.

Surprise is fun!

AngweLinArbreAzraelLiancaPerilunaEmelle
  • This could either really bring the player base together or take a wrecking ball to it. It's going to be interesting to see how everything play out. It would be nice, though, if the players got a vote as to what stays and what goes. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• We should get rid of <your favorite organization> because it is a blight on the game.
  • edited February 2013
    The unfortunate thing about voting is that the guilds with the larger player bases will get the most votes, obviously. Which could be good, or bad, or serve to destroy a guild based on someone who's managed to rope everyone they know into voting against it. A good idea, but not one that would work in reality
    PiperArbreCalipsoNolaErzsebet
  • Valenae said:
    This could either really bring the player base together or take a wrecking ball to it. It's going to be interesting to see how everything play out. It would be nice, though, if the players got a vote as to what stays and what goes. 
    It's obvious there's a plan in mind, taking a pair of classes and doing something new with them. Such as taking Bloodborn and incorporating them into Houses, or taking Lycanthropy and developing the Pack system. A vote would need to be held in good faith, sacrificing the work of the administration for the will of the majority. And if the plethora of issues that has cropped up recently with elections hasn't highlighted the flaw in that particular plan for you, then my poor rhetoric is doomed to failure.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    They've made a decision, I'm sure.  We're not gonna get to vote.  You didn't get a vote on Ashtan, so why would you get a vote on this?
    OrisaeMastemaXavinAxai
  • There was a vote on Ashtan, it consisted of everyone not living in Ashtan deciding it was a worthless swamp that was an artefact of Achaea.
    Mastema
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I still blame Clexx for everything. He is evil. PURE EVIL.
    RazmaelDharSlypheMaghak
  • Personally, I look at Abohorash on QW and giggle picturing all the houses scrambling to purge and enlist members. I think the RP in having to simply lure novices away from one house or another to stay afloat is awesome. Have they been narrowed down to the Final Four yet?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Meyvitch said:
    Personally, I look at Abohorash on QW and giggle picturing all the houses scrambling to purge and enlist members. I think the RP in having to simply lure novices away from one house or another to stay afloat is awesome. Have they been narrowed down to the Final Four yet?
    First in game year looked something like this:
    1. Lunare
    2. Ve'kahi
    3. D'baen
    4. Bahir'an
    5. Nebre'seir
    6. Bouchard
    7. Dar'soth
    Bahir'an and Nebre'seir were really close but Bahir'an pulled ahead. A new year's begun so we'll see what happens in the next 12 days for year 2!
    havenbanner2
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Pooooor Dar'soth.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Snrk.