Serenity Update

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife
Alright!

A lot of you have been wondering what's happening with Serenity, with the recent happenings.

I definitely considered just retiring the project in one form or another, but after talking with people, the overwhelming (unanimous) opinion among the current user-base I was able to talk to, as well as a handful of people that have approached me about the system recently, is that I should keep going. So, I will.

I'll be retiring Serenity in its current form and converting it into a new project. I've got the domain up and running with an exact copy of the former distribution system and will be doing a few small updates to Serenity in the next few days. Then, I'm going to begin cleaning up the system and refactoring a lot of the code before the release of the new system.

This is more than just a change of name on a lot of ways, but those of you who've already bought Serenity will have full access to the new system.

If you're a current user, you can get your updated system here: http://oasis.interimreality.com/

For those of you interested in purchasing the system, I'll be temporarily reducing the price leading up to and shortly after the release of the new system. Just send me a PM or a message in-game for details.

Here we go!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

TragerAryanneAarbrokRasharJensenIshin

Comments

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I cleaned up some half-completed interactions between the targeter and the player database and fixed the Alertness trigger this evening. A new update is available on the website.

Please note, while the system name remains Serenity, I'll be leaving it as version 0.95 until I alter the name of the system. This will prevent the update tag from pinging in-game, so please check back here often. I'll post notices of update here.

• Alright guys, I'm stepping in here.

This thread is for the intended purpose Ashmer has mentioned. Oleis already said we won't be going into this conversation in the last thread, and it was subsequently closed. We're going to listen to that this time, with a few points in mind.

@Sheirosia: If you feel the need to speak in regards to what's going on, find another medium to do it with. If you wish to contact Ashmer, speak directly to him through PMs or whatever other method works for you.

@Everybody else - if you've got any questions about what's going on in terms of this feud, raise them privately to Sheirosia or Ashmer, not in this thread. This isn't the place for it. Additionally, should anybody find it prudent to personally insult the players involved here (something directly against the forum rules, give them a read here if you need to refresh yourselves on them) you will be banned on the spot.

This is the only warning you're getting.

SheirosiaJensen
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Do not post your legal feuds on this forum. It should be abundantly clear why that is not a good idea for any parties involved.
    AshmerAryanne
    I'm still without internet. Hopefully my modem arrived today and hopefully it "just works."

I started refactoring the system today, and fixed a few fun bugs. The dynamic curing and gmcp check on skills for the defense scripts are both foundationally complete. Still rocking! As soon as I get a secure internet connection, I'll put up an update with the work I've done so far, since it has some quality of life work done.

Yay I have internet at home.

TragerMoireanAryanne
    I fixed the loki bug last night (pesky events) that was causing too many premature gray hairs for my liking. I'll push an update up onto the server tonight when I get home, and post here when it's ready. This update has an eensy-weensy preview of the new system, since I've begun refactoring across the board.

TragerDrahkuna

TragerAreka
  • That frog looks really excited.
    Ashmer
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The selfie thread is two sections over, Ashmer.
    Ashmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    He's actually the goat. That's me sipping the tea. @Rashar is the frog.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    TragerAarbrokAshmer
    Sorry about the delay on the update. I'm working with the system administrator on anti-piracy measures before we push the next one up.

In the meantime, enjoy this picture of a pirate:

AarbrokIshinAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Hell, I dont even need an Admin color to say you are not impressing anyone with your continued nonsense.
  • Damn, I keep missing the nonsense!

Politics
    AarbrokAryanne
  • Hey guys, I'm temporarily closing this thread because someone is making proxy accounts to spam nonsense that they've already been warned about thrice. We'll reopen it once we get this sorted out. Apologies to @Ashmer in the interim!
    Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I wanted to clarify a few things about this situation. The thread will remain closed. Feel free to message me if you have questions.
    • As far as we (or anyone else) knows, Sheirosia did indeed transfer stewardship of this project to Ashmer before eventually doubling back and making allegations of theft. In the absence of any sort of contract or legal documentation, that's where we stand.
    • As Sheirosia is therefore not the main licensor anymore, he is not permitted to distribute that work, regardless of who contributed what portion of what code. Furthermore, circumventing licensing and distribution software to disseminate Ashmer's additional closed releases is unequivocally software piracy.
    • Aetolia's Terms of Service technically disallow any third parties from using Aetolia as the basis for a business or any kind of money-making venture. We've long made an exception for healing systems and script packages, as have the other games.
    • Once again: in the absence of any sort of contract, the suggestion of legal recourse is asinine. Do not engage in business with anyone, even your twin brother, without a contract.
    Thanks.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AarbrokIshinTrigru
This discussion has been closed.