Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Haha, I came here to mention that.

Stop being an idiot, try to exert a minuscule effort at being IC while writing in an IC medium.
    TragerIshinErzsebetRivasFaerahMephistoles
  • I try to stay away from this thread but I'm pretty miffed.
    My rage - Trying to ICly deal with a situation that started ICly, and ended up with an IGNORE being tossed out there, only to find that no one is ICly willing to work with you to help you continue to function within the game.
    - Is that really so hard? Just a small alternative. Now I have to figure out where to take my character from here because I'm really tired of dancing this dance with these people.

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
    JoulTrager
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Split off the topic into its own discussion here.
  • IG you're ugly jokes. What's next your momma's so fat jokes. Keep it classy Aetolia.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Areka shouts, "Your mother is so rotund that her girth was very large."
    Aryanne
  • edited August 2014
    Your momma's so fat, she was really fat and ugly.

SICK BURN DUDE. *highfives buddies*

O'DOYLE RULES!
    AarbrokAryannePeriluna
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Your mother is so fat when when she joins an arena event no one else can fit.
  • I'll bite, since I'm being told repeatedly that this is bogus.

What's up with a 40 credit fee to get unenemied to a guild for possessing their class? To clarify, it was 100,000 gold and 20 credits. I chose to pay all credits rather than spend however long occupying my entire game with bashing. I would argue that that could take RL -weeks- for some players, and I was assured that this was the 'standard fee for class theft'.

This was also the 'deal' that was worked out because I was trying to join their patron city. I don't know what it would have cost me otherwise, but at that point it's moot because I wouldn't really -need- to be unenemied.

But, to join a city without absurd amounts of drama and the high probability of being declined because of it?

Other options I heard were 'give up the class' (for a 450 credit loss, + artifacts), and 'submit to a public execution'.. Which, while easy and mechanically worthless, come on. Are we really going to just suspend all belief and realism and be like, 'lol haha Dhar'll bring me back in a minute, see you later'?

I mean. I paid it, because let's face it. I've got some credits laying around. But if I wasn't a level 122 character with the available assets? Is that really a reasonable price just to be allowed in a city?

Go ahead, @syssin.. I'm interested in hearing the logic here.

TragerIshinErzsebet
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    From our eyes, you stole. If you want something from someone you stole from, logically you'd pay them back plus some. That's not what people who get the class normally pay, by the way. You chose to pay that fine. Nobody made you. Nobody twisted your arm and forced you to do it. There were other things that you could have done, but -you- chose not to.

You talk about how that could take people 'weeks' to get. Then you talk about your 450+ credit loss, not to mention artifacts. Hey. We didn't make you buy those. Welcome to the world of consequences for your actions, Jack.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesAnise
  • edited August 2014
    Pretty much what I expected to hear, yeah.

Let's not pretend that wasn't going to be the minimum I was going to pay, Jill.

Edit:

Also, like I said. I paid it, and while I had a twitch-eye moment because I was like.. people literally bash all day for gold to buy city credits.. this might be kind of eeh. Ultimately, yeah. I can afford it.

But when literally every single person that I mentioned it to that isn't one of the triumvirate of Syssin badge protectors is like ... what? Eh. I just figured I'd throw it up here and see what people think. It's probably somewhere along the same lines as your super awesome guild requirements that everybody but you thinks is ridiculous.
    Erzsebet
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    The Syssin player-base, as I have seen it, are a very... Interesting group, to put mildly. At least the higher up ones. I had someone use this bit of wisdom a few days ago, and I guess it fits here as well. The Syssin do not play the same Aetolia that 9/10 of us play. While a very large majority play Aetolia as a game, where people are trying to have -fun-, I feel like they take a different route altogether.

Whether this is right or wrong, I don't know. What I do know is that sometimes people need to take a step back and ask themselves if this is really a fair thing to make people do. Someone brought it up that Rajazel actually spent two weeks bashing to get himself unenemied at that price. Now, he might very well LOVE bashing, I don't know. But going back to that 9/10 people, who really wants to sit there bashing up 200 gold at a time if you're lucky to do something like that.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Eydis
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's what everyone who comes to Spinesreach and is enemied for stealing class pays to get unenemied, @Rashar. You're not a special case where we were like, 'Man let's fuck that guy hard and hit him with a mighty fee.' Sorry, you're just not. You got what everyone else gets, period.

I don't really see why you're fussing about a 40cr fine that you chose to pay in that way. You were just telling me the other day about how much you paid for the class, and again, you mentioned earlier all the arties + credits you've put into it. A paltry 40cr or 100k+40cr fine shouldn't been a drop in the bucket for you.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Eydis
  • Rashar, you played your character through the entire enemying way in a manner that was rather horrific to deal with. He was arrogant, he was condescending, and he was ultimately uninterested in being unenemied to the Guild at all.

He obtained class behind the Syssin's back and was enemied for it. He was a leader of Enorian, which made him enemyable to Spinesreach, as an enemy of the Guild his waiver of that enemyable status with Spinesreach was revoked. Once he quit Enorian, his enemy status was removed.

Before he quit Enorian, he asked Faerah for his fine to get unenemied to the Guild. The first time, she was sorting things out with Moirean because she did not see a reason to unenemy a leader of Enorian to the Syssin. The second time, she was busy giving a graduation rite to a Syssin and told him she was busy and would get to him later, and he told Faerah that he got what he needed. She took him at his word and dropped the matter.

Later, Fae gets a message from Moirean that says that because Rashar is an enemy of the Syssin there would be a Senate vote, per the Syssin-Spirean treaty, to induct him regardless. This was strange since as of quitting Enorian Rashar had not -tried- to speak with Faerah about getting unenemied to the Syssin. Find out, he told Moirean that the situation between himself and the Syssin was "unfixable," which was interesting since he had not tried since the change of circumstance.

Moirean told him to fix the situation and Fae received the following message:

Message #2493 Sent By: Rashar Received On: 8/15/2014/23:44
    "Got an enemy status to clear up. What's it going to take? Something besides giving up the skills, allowing public executions of my person, or any other equally absurd requests. I'm willing to work with you here, but there's only so much a feller's got to be expected to do, yeah?"

So basically, Rashar wanted to dictate the terms of his getting unenemied to a Guild he had wronged. He also showed no remorse or desire to settle things in any way that wasn't going to be exceedingly unpleasant.

So despite my incredible desire to tell him to pound sand, lose in the Senate vote and see what happened from there, I decided to stop the matter by just giving him the standard fine for class theft that the Syssin give people seeking to be unenemied: twice the cost of the class had they purchased it from the Syssin.

Both Rajazel and Infin already had paid that amount without any complaints and also, without making a forum thread about it. Rajazel didn't even -have- to. He already was Spirean. He just did not want to be in the bad graces of the Guild anymore from an RP perspective.

You chose every instant of how Rashar handled this situation from the beginning. You made him hard to deal with and unpleasant with someone he was seeking something from. Was Faerah really receptive to Rashar? No. He was a Guild enemy who showed zero remorse and acted like he was God's gift to the world. So... I don't know what to tell you. Actions have consequences and the consequence of yours was that Faerah and I were exceptionally unwilling to deal with Rashar more than we had to.
    AniseEydis
  • edited August 2014
    I paid nothing for the class, and I don't know of any reason why I would have told you any differently. The only thing I remember telling you that was pertinent to this was that I literally don't remember the name of the character who gave it to me.

I did pay for arties, and for lessons.

I've already stated that I can afford it, but again - if this is the -standard- as you say? Obviously, I paid it. Bro, I have 3,000 fucking credits. I can afford it. That doesn't make it right, or reasonable, especially if you're doing it to other players with less means.

You made Rajazel bash for 2 weeks. Now, if he was just wanting to drop his status for one reason or another? That's cool, it's a choice. And hell, he actually -logs on- fairly regularly. What if it were just a recreational player that plays a few hours a week? Just to get into a city without absurd amounts of drama / likely a declination? Sorry, man. But no.

Edited: Forgot a sentence.
    Eydis
  • This argument again. People thinking they shouldn't have to deal with repercussions or consequences, and if they do, it should be easy and a slap on the wrist. If someone doesn't align with their thinking, they're just being OOC and vindictive. The only okay consequences are the consequences they want.

Some people want a cakewalk where they get everything they want in short order with minimal or no effort. Other people want to play a roleplaying game where things matter, dynamics and actions have weight, and they can roleplay their character with integrity instead of caving it to other people's whining and feet-stomping.

My energy for this is gone, considering it's the fifth rearing of its head. Rashar screwed up, stole, acted like an entitled brat in the following efforts to resolve things. We enemied him and gave him the standard unenemying fee. Everything else is you guys villainizing and victimizing because you're not getting your way.
    AniseEydis
  • @Faerah‌

Message #2493 Sent By: Rashar Received On: 8/15/2014/23:44
    "Got an enemy status to clear up. What's it going to take? Something besides giving up the skills, allowing public executions of my person, or any other equally absurd requests. I'm willing to work with you here, but there's only so much a feller's got to be expected to do, yeah?"

"So basically, Rashar wanted to dictate the terms of his getting unenemied to a Guild he had wronged. He also showed no remorse or desire to settle things in any way that wasn't going to be exceedingly unpleasant. "

Uh.. How is 'I'm not losing over 2000 credits or letting you publicly execute my character' attempting to dictate my own terms? Again, you're twisting things into your own interest, here.

Also, I sent Faerah more than two tells. Those might be the two you caught, I don't know. I sent her multiple tells and (I could be wrong) a message as well. I also tried to speak to Ishin who (of course) told him to go fuck himself, and one or two other members.

So, yeah. I pretty much assumed you were just not going to work with me. I came back when Moirean said to try and fix the problem.

No, Rashar is not remorseful for getting the class. -YOUR- guild gave it to him, Faerah. -YOU- are the one who looks at it as theft.

No, I'm not remorseful for getting the class either. Why would I play contrite and humble when in my eyes and his, the whole thing is absurd?

And, really, -none- of the above has anything to do with how awesome your (per Ishin) standard fee is. But, nice deflection.
    Eydis
  • It seems like a pretty reasonable fine to me. I think if I was in @Faerah's position I probably would have found a way to increase the fine. The syssin take class theft pretty seriously, so I'm really not sure why there is anything that's a surprise here or anything to complain about.
    IshinIngramSessizlikOmeiHavenEydis
  • Okay. Since I'm not involved in any of this, let me point to the main issue this entire thing revolves around, that I as a player would have issue with, that seems to be drowned out with deflection on the grounds 'You're just whining because it's not easy/you're not getting your way'.

How much work is too work for you to be doing while PLAYING a GAME?

That's the main question being asked here. I'm all for consequences, and I don't think anyone is saying there shouldn't be consequences. But you really need to consider other people and their means and what is reasonable to ask for someone who wants to be unenemied so they can.. play on your side.

This is kinda where it gets me - you'd make it extremely difficult for someone to play alongside you, adding benefit to whatever cause you may have.

Don't slap them on the wrist, sure, but don't make it RL weeks long to obtain. Not everyone has that time. You've made a business out of your guild skills, I get it. But your rates are too demanding on the -players-.

PerilunaErzsebetJayceEydis
  • Eh. If you say so, @mephistoles.

I don't really have the same view that most people do around here. I haven't bashed anything but globes since like.. level 103, and I have the credits to pay for something like that with about the same ease as a person might restock their vials.

My entire post was based on the overwhelming number of other people who told me it was bogus. Apparently, they're all entitled complainers. Except, I don't really feel like that's the case, but it is what it is.
  • Alright, time to move on.

• edited August 2014
    @Nola, I think the point is that he's being penalized for something his character did. He's specifically being punished because he did something a guild/organization considers wrong.

It's supposed to hurt the character. It's supposed to have some lasting impact, effect. That's the entire point of a punishment/penalty. It would be unreasonable as a requirement to join the city if you'd done nothing wrong, but that's not what this is. It's a punishment, and in that context it's perfectly fine.

@Rashar, people can have their opinions, but I definitely think this is fine. You just spent several posts bragging about how many credits you have, and additionally it seems like there were other options than paying this fine. This barely punishes your character at all. I think you got off easy, and as I see it you really came out ahead here. You're unenemied, you got the class, and apparently all you had to do was pay 40 credits.

EDIT: Slyphe is a metal ninja.
    IshinIngram
  • edited August 2014
    Boy it's like we don't understand the concept of fancy mod colors around here!

Politics
  • Not so much a rage as a mild annoyance, but if you want to let me know I'm a scumbag oocly, have the testicular fortitude to tell me directly instead of hiding behind an illusion/room emote.
    Ishin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I know that this is the rage thread, but I really enjoy the phrase 'testicular fortitude'. Thank you, @Ingram

IshinAryanneMaiteEmelleEydis
  • edited August 2014
    I rage about the people who bitched and complained about the globes giving points. Just goes to show how a few people can affect an entire game... considering many people use globes for the Hunt....

Edit: Adding onto the fact that globes have become even rarer to obtain in chests... they should RETAIN their 5 point kills, not get dropped.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

AlissandraAlexinaAreka
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I disagree with that. Globes are like the Xaanhal instance - no competition outside of monetary, and they serve other benefits (like amazing xp).
    MoireanAryanneAlexinaZsadist
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If you pay me 200 credits, I will only gun for 2nd.
  • Zsadist said:

I rage about the people who bitched and complained about the globes giving points. Just goes to show how a few people can affect an entire game... considering many people use globes for the Hunt....

Edit: Adding onto the fact that globes have become even rarer to obtain in chests... they should RETAIN their 5 point kills, not get dropped.

I have a small stockpile of globes I was planning on selling as the Great Hunt got nearer because... more people want them = higher prices! I was thrilled when it got announced because I had made a last-minute purchase of chests and gotten quite a few of them!

Now I foresee them being worth less because nobody is going to pay a premium for just experience. I feel obligated to find a way to bash 10 globes this weekend so they don't decay, or sell them for next to nothing.

On a separate rage, I saw a fancy tweet on Twitter about the Delve Research Society needing help to get ylem, and I thought "Oh cool! I wonder what that is all about! Hey look, a new announce post!" Double slap in the face, because it was a teaser to go get slapped in the face.

And my dog just ate one of my favorite pairs of shoes. This sucks.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Globes are still the best way, hands down, to level - and with Great Hunt, people can get like 500% xp going or something crazy. Most people in the hunt aren't competing to win, but to rake in sweet xp, so you'll probably be able to still make a nice profit.
    Teani
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited August 2014
    Zsadist said:

I don't really think it's fair to the rest of the people that're actually going from area to area competing with the rest of the game that a select few can just sit in their Haven and win credits in an event that's meant to be a competition.

Essentially, if elementals were going to award the same points as before, why not just have a vendor in Delos that could sell you points for gold? It'd be as fair as the globes were in previous Great Hunts.

EDIT:
    I also really disagree that 'a few people' affected the entire game in a way that is adverse to the majority of the playerbase. On the contrary, I've heard a lot of people being frustrated during Great Hunts when they were trying to keep up with characters that were solely using orbs to progress through the huntranks.
    MoireanArekaAryanneAishiaYarelXarianMephistoles
This discussion has been closed.