That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• Omei said:

I'm gonna have to ask that we get this thread back on topic. Please post non-sadistic non-Luigi content in its own dedicated thread.

...My impulsiveness is really kinda making me want a wii-U after all of this.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So I was on Tumblr today, this is a thing...

SlypheHavenAshmerSetne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    StathanHavenAshmer

I am far too ready for this. HIT ME. HIT ME NOW.
  • Debating on a new console. Have not bought one since ps2.. May get the ps3 lego bundle since well I do like lego.

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    Damonicus said:

Debating on a new console. Have not bought one since ps2.. May get the ps3 lego bundle since well I do like lego.

Go old school, get a super nintendo.
  • Stathan said:

Go old school, get a super nintendo.

Actually.

The controls I'd get for SNES, when I could find an SNES, tend to be crap.

Know of one that isn't crap? Like, sold online, preferably?

I mean, you know, an amount.

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    Best bet is to shop around on Amazon. There's quite a few listed. Just seached SNES CONTROLLERS to check, and they ranged from generic to original and from 5 bucks to around 100.

Also, you can get the Luigi death stare on the SNES version of Mario Cart as well <.<
  • I just bought a usb SNES controller off Amazon, and it's absolutely perfect. I use it when I play roms on www.snesfun.com and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. Highly recommend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Rivas if you really want to go down the rabbit hole you need to get a flash cartridge and a snes, the controller lag and lack of perfect emulations in roms on a computer, as opposed to roms flashed to a cartridge in an actual snes, is very noticable once you've tried both.

i am rapture coder
  • edited July 2014

Gigantic is a new moba-esque game from Motiga. Motiga looks to be a dev team of a lot of ex-ArenaNet people from Guild Wars who all had a focus on the PvP. I'm really digging the character designs and looking forward to see how it'll play. Mobas are certainly getting to be a glutted genre (lots of them all coming out at once especially), but I hope we see some nice new ones on the horizon.

Oh, looks like they did up some gameplay footage. It looks a bit like Smite, but instead of working on lanes, towers, and base capture, you're just brawling it out with the gigantic monsters (one for each team) as a key goal with a foe to fight and an ally to defend. I'm digging it, but it's still super early pre-beta.

• Woo yeah, new Hearthstone adventure came out today! Really loving how mean the AI is so far.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Terrified.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Oh man that does not look good. Why does it have graphics from 2004?

i am rapture coder
    Omei said:

Oh man that does not look good. Why does it have graphics from 2004?

Because Fox.

EmelleXavin
  • honestly, that image of the firefly Serenity ship looks like Toonami.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Omei
  • It's a mobile game.
  • oh! Well damn, that changes things.

i am rapture coder
    Omei said:

oh! Well damn, that changes things.

Except the part about blaming Fox.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Didn't know where else to put this, but I recently got Animal Crossing: New Leaf for my birthday recently. I kinda want to start visiting other towns, so if anyone else owns the game and actively plays or wants to start playing again, I wouldn't mind swapping friend codes. Just let me know. >_>

• Yessss. Etrian Odyssey 2 gettin' a remake for the 3DS. B-but.. now I am almost certain BREAK RECORD WILL NEVER HAPPEN. :(
  • BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF THE GRINDER.

You see how attacks didn't even scratch his health? HE'S INVINCIBLE.

i am rapture coder
    Ashmer

• 10th anniversary of Monster Hunter! And heeeeeere's all the flagship monsters!

• Oh Gamescom. You're wonderful.
    Omei
  • Behold... the game that is sucking up my free time for the last week...
    I am actually flying to start some "Sister's of Eve" Quests so I can snag that factions nifty gear.