MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Mariena said:

People charge you for jaywalking, really?

I really wish they did in Burlington, VT. You have no idea how many people who would just dangerously walk/bike out in front of me.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Teani - Some guys really just...can't handle it. My sister's baby-daddy for her first kid was sorta the same. Stuck around a little till she dumped him because he was a PoS, then kicked rocks and hasn't paid hardly any child support at all.

It's really kind of annoying, I know, and uber frustrating - but to be really honest, she's really better off with him bailing now, than when the little girl has gotten used to having daddy around and then suddenly whoops, no daddy no more.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I would register to vote to keep allowing j walking in burlington. My drunk walk home from church street depends on it.
    Ishin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    The natives in St. Louis are prone to just like, darting out into the street at random. Moreso than I've noticed anywhere else in my wanderings, as yet.
    imageimage
    ElieOmei
  • Can confirm. In Saint Louis they do not give a DAMN.

i am rapture coder
    ErzsebetElie
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ishin: Well, maybe he could have waited just a little bit before springing that on her thought? Until she's doing fine and is out of danger zone and home from the hospital. She'll be fine, I know it, it just irks me that he was being really insensitive.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Gwenith said:

Boys are.. weird. Going on finger injury stories my boyfriend was using a grinder, slipped and cut his thumbnail in half and sliced open his thumb to the bone underneath. What did he do? Covered it in superglue and worked to the end of his shift before he got caught and sent to the hospital. >_<' If that was me I would have been prepping myself for surgery in the ambulance.</p>

To be fair, this is what superglue was originally invented for.

StathanTeaniErzsebetGwenith
    It's possible I might have done the same as him, @Gwenith. Superglue is awesome like that. However, when I crushed my finger at work (it was almost completely flat, bone and all) I actually went in search for co-workers to get me to the hospital. Fun story, the first guy I met and asked for help turned completely white in the face and ran for the bathroom, leaving me standing with my finger hoisted in the air after showing him what it looked like. <.<

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Teani - Some guys are just bitches. True, but very sad, fact. I myself have wanted kids ever since I came back from Iraq(guess almost dying multiple times brings certain things into clearer perspective, lol), but I refuse to have one until I can financially support it.

So when I see people talking about dads bailing on their kids, it just kinda frustrates me and makes me facepalm. I don't think I could ever do that to a child of mine, that's just a wanna-be man showing his true colors: bitch.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Teani
  • I know, the disbelief was more on that he continued working like nothing happened.

Politics
  • Another night at work till 3am.

Had a job interview today.

Which involved a typing test.

Which, you think I'd be golden for, except that I type fast enough that it outpaces the program they used to track it, which then proceeded to lag and not respond in the middle of the test. I still scored higher than what they require by a fair margin (They only require wpm of 30) but they straight up called me a liar because the number their test scored me at was lower (by like 20wpm) than the number I put on my resume.
    imageimage
    Fun thing about that. I have a higher wpm in English than I do in my native tongue. <.<

Ishin
  • Erzsebet said:

Had a job interview today.

Which involved a typing test.

Which, you think I'd be golden for, except that I type fast enough that it outpaces the program they used to track it, which then proceeded to lag and not respond in the middle of the test. I still scored higher than what they require by a fair margin (They only require wpm of 30) but they straight up called me a liar because the number their test scored me at was lower (by like 20wpm) than the number I put on my resume.

Had a somewhat similar experience when trying to land a job with Verizon Wireless. I type at approximately 120 words per minute, which is apparently well beyond what the tech-illiterate evaluators considered humanly possible. They wouldn't believe I wasn't somehow cheating until they watched me do it in person.

i am rapture coder
    AryannePiperIshinElie
  • I got kicked out of advanced keyboarding my freshman year of high school because I typed too fast.

*snap* I tried.
    AarbrokHavenAshmerIshin
  • I had to take a keyboarding class in middle school. If we finished early, we were allowed to play on game websites - I'd finish in 5 minutes and play on miniclip for an hour.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

OmeiParkerHavenIshinKaleigh
  • edited August 2014
    So, I've ranted before about an incompetent co-worker. Well, she bailed on work again because her boyfriend cheated on her and she was beyond herself with grief, or whatever and I guess after calling out multiple times for headaches, fights with her parents (she's 29), and because she's 'too tired', it was the final nail in the coffin because she got fired.

I've been working most of her shifts anyway so whatever, but my other co-worker sat by while our client tore her fingernail off without restraining her (I work with a lady who has Autism, Schizophrenia, and OCD) and - WAIT FOR IT - pulled a no-call/no-show the day after, so now there are only two employees left. The family has dragged their feet on finding someone new so not only will my client get scattered/substandard care as a result of having two workers covering 120 hours of work, but I have to work 60 hours until they find someone else. That's in the middle of planning a move and starting school. Damn.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

edited August 2014
    I'm lazy, so I always cite my typing speed as double what they're looking for, since I know I can hit double easily, without really trying. Most require 25-30 and 45 is the absolute highest I've ever seen required anywhere. If I'm focused on what I'm doing, I also type at around 120wpm or so.

Still can't believe they straight up called me a liar. To my face.

Unrelated, I actually almost failed keyboarding. I could type decently fast then, too, but I didn't type with proper form or with my fingers on the proper keys--that happened entirely by accident from playing Aetolia near-constantly.
    imageimage
    Ashmer
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I graduated my computer course for Medical Assistant/Secretary training by competing with the Instructor. We also tossed in five dollars to the winner. Competed in front of the rest of the class and I beat him. I got the whole class off.
    TeaniHavenIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Piper said:

I graduated my computer course for Medical Assistant/Secretary training by competing with the Instructor. We also tossed in five dollars to the winner. Competed in front of the rest of the class and I beat him. I got the whole class off.

Nerf Piper, too stronk

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    PiperIshin
  • For some reason I see that as Piper and her teacher performing a dueling piano show at a bar called the Keys or something.

Piper
  • Got robbed in Paris. Fuck you.

Politics
  • A bowflex is dangerously close to a ballista. I nearly fired myself into the metal pole trying to leg-lift..

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

IshinAryanneSerrice
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Tough decisions...

Which do I want to use?

2.PNG 108.1K
    3.PNG 108K
    1.PNG 109.6K
    OmeiTrager
  • Omg that gaaaaaaame

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

HavenTrager
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that there is a kitten stuck in a storm drain that I really can't do anything for. It's only about 5 weeks old, so I don't think it gets to climb up the tshirts we tied together onto the drain for it. Couldn't find a single stick long enough, either..and no rope. Called animal control, been home all afternoon..they swear they came by for a 'while'. I heard nothing and they didn't come by, which they were supposed to. Now, we can't even hear him anymore. Hoping he just moved on down the drain.

IshinTeani
    Man. Why do all good jobs cost money.

:< If I had money to go buy a suit on the off-chance this company would employ me, I might not need a job. >.> If I -get- it, it's fine, because 14.50/hour 40/hours a week and literally no bills beyond my body requiring food, but if I -don't- get it, I've just severely cut down the amount of food I can eat between now and whenever I get a job from 'some' to 'none'. Even if I'm only eating ramen between now and then.

Also rage that the only stockings I own would be more likely to net me a job as a stripper than the job I'm trying to get. >.>
    imageimage
    Trager
  • Recently lost my job, last day was this past Thursday. And I think today it really hit me all at once and I was just a wreck for about an hour, trying to see the bright side and figure out what my next options are, but not really having that succeed so much.

And part of that hour I was logged in and let it get to me in game. So I'm mad at myself for that, on top of the other stress I'm trying to deal with while I sort things out.