LOVE

Comments

• I love and am looking forward to see the movie coming out based off a book I studied in school as a kid and rather found interesting. "The Giver."

I am really hoping it doesn't disappoint.
    Aren
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Alee said:

I love and am looking forward to see the movie coming out based off a book I studied in school as a kid and rather found interesting. "The Giver."

My gf is all like OMFG THE GIVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE too. Never read it myself, but the story itself seems promising. If the movie is good I might have to go and read the book.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Alee said:

I love and am looking forward to see the movie coming out based off a book I studied in school as a kid and rather found interesting. "The Giver."

I read the book in 4th grade, only after stealing it from my brother because his class was reading it. Was a very good book, and interested in seeing the movie, but it's been years, so will need to somewhat refresh my knowledge on what happened.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Aryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's sort of funny to think about people getting excited about movies based on books that were HS required reading. A lot of people I've known casually haven't read any books SINCE those ones.
  • I was in accelerated and advanced classes from middle school and high school. It's the only way I kept from being bored in school(I still had free time anyway), reading a lot even outside of the required materials, if I liked a certain author I checked for other books by them.
  • I have so much gushing love for @Damariel right now.
    AryanneIshinMaiteSetneAshmer
  • edited August 2014
    I borrowed the Giver from the library after someone told me it had two sequels. Apparently one of the books I was ignoring (Gathering blue? I thought that was it) WAS the sequel, I just thought it was unrelated.

Edit: I stand corrected. Gathering Blue and Messenger are set in same universe as Giver. Messenger is sequel to Gathering Blue though, NOT the Giver. Lowry said she's written a book called "Son" that's supposed to be sequel to the Giver.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I don't think I ever want to read the sequel. The ambiguous ending is something I enjoy musing over.
    PiperAshmer
  • Son sounds like it's supposed to be about the birthmother of the baby Jonas stole away, takes place about the same time as Giver?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • @Aryanne‌, @Haven‌, @Daskalos‌, @‌Meyvitch, @Trager, @Ingram. Also, anyone I might have accidentally left out. I love you all. Was seriously just going to log in, check news, and log out, but this was so much better.
    TragerAryanneMephistoles
    So I watched Guardians of the Galaxy with the gf, one of her longtime friends, and one of his friends. Fantastic movie. <3 Groot.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanAryanneSolaria
    I. LOVE. GROOT.
    IshinAryanneSolariaKaleighPiper
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Took my father out to see GotG too - it was so good! I especially loved the ship designs, from the broad twisting one to the way the ---- ships made that barrier. Really really cool stuff.
    IshinSolaria
    Starlord's ship looked so badass. That blue and orange. Just like my Broncos. <3 so much. I wish I could get one. I'd rock the shit out of it :D
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Nova Corps looks like Enorian will look when Aetolia finally goes full steampunk and we merge with Lusternia.
    IshinSolariaArekaPiper
    Cat, get off the coffee table. Down. Shoo. All week, he's been insistent that the coffee table is his new perch. Finally, I line it with newspaper. His response?

I honestly can't even bring myself to shoo him away, I'm just sitting here giggling at this derp.
    AryanneIaneaTeaniIshinElieAshmerEmelle
  • @Moirean Now shut him in it... and see if he ever makes that mistake again. >.>
    Riluo
  • :(@Moirean‌

Though as much as I think Aetolia > Lust.. at least they have neater city options.

Just don't like all that other plane nonsense, cluttering things up.
  • @Solaria‌ Your signature = my favourite part about Groot. Just saying. Coolest dood ever. <3
    SolariaKerryn
  • Have been watching Underdog and Rocky and Bullwinkle on Youtube. It's a massage right on the childhood region.

...That sounds awful. I'm sorry.

Ishin
  • Phrasing!

i am rapture coder
    SerriceSetnePiper
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I liked your post exclusively because of pusheen.

Omei
    Omei, have you been in my house? You are using my kitty as your new signature...

TragerSlyphe

• This is adorable and creative.

...But more importantly, what sound do those cans make when they're opened @Rashar? It sure doesn't sound like "*POP*" to me!

SetneMoireanIaneaKaleigh
  • His wrist is weak and limp, and his efforts are without effort!

Hmph.

Ianea
  • @Moirean : The unintentional feels. Your kitty looks like one of my old kitties. We've never brought a cat of dog as a pet, we have always been a haven for the stray, injured or unwanted. His name was Austin and he had been hit by a car which had ruined his bottom jaw which meant when resting his lip would hang low and his tongue would be sticking out. <3

Politics
    Moirean
    Mine forgets his tongue is there, I think, it'll just be randomly flopping out some days.
    TragerAshmerEmelle
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #594 ----------------------------+
    | Entered by: Omei Date: 2014/08/05 00:18:56 |
    +-------------------------------- ADDITION -----------------------------------+

While you're having fun getting shot by the Mhun, here's a new command: DESC. (yes,
    it's new!)

DESC works alongside DESCRIBE and can even be used in its place. This command allows
    you to set and store multiple descriptions that you can switch through, on the fly.
    You can also store separate descriptions for shapeshifted, masqueraded, and earthen
    forms. Have fun!

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    PiperIshinMarienaSlypheEmelle
  • Potluck food! Fat and happy.

i am rapture coder
    AryanneAshmer