Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• I still need the Detective's action.

• Hey Xenia! Who ya going to investigate? :L 

Also can we civilians choose which one of moirean or xenia we're going to vote off?

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Llok, you're really making these games not fun to play. This is the second game in a row where you've been antagonistic and hostile to me, calling me stupid and stuff. Chill out, dude, it's just a game. There is no reason to be a jerk.
  • Ummm...
    A) Don't be so easily antagonized.
    B) Stop wanting to be offended.
    C) I said the train was stupid, not you. You're mafia, probably.
    Haven
    A) Stop being a jerk. This is supposed to be fun.
  • Alright, calm down you two.

The night round is coming to a close. Expect relevant PMs and an update post shortly.
    Haven
  • edited August 2014
    The cock crows - and dawn breaks over the little town of Puzzolente. It finds most of the population already awake, clustered around a grand casa down Via Pistola. The door has been broken in, the furniture smashed and burnt, and its occupant, Aryanne, shot several times over. The polizia have been quick to lock down the scene, looking for any evidence that could point to the murderers.

Aryanne was Una Buona, a respected signora of the town. She was well known for her impeccable reputation, her relations among the men of the town, and her willingness to sponsor local art and cuisine. You will sorely miss her.

It is now Day 2 - there are 11 Townspeople, 4 Mafiosos, and 1 Lover surviving. 8 votes are necessary for a lynch.
  • Damariel said:

You will sorely miss her.

:'(

AshmerHavenSerriceDamariel
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    She was well known for her impeccable reputation and her relations among the men of the town? Really?
    DamarielMoireanAryanne
    Vote: Llok for being rude in nearly every post, and offering nothing constructive to work with.
  • Well, Demarcus being one of the towns people was not what I expected based on his posts. As for my actions last night, they were to jail Serrice, as I still think that she is likely the true fencer.

That being said, I don't exactly have much to go on beyond that on who to point a finger towards. I suppose she could indeed be mafia, but I still don't think that's the case.

• I'm really not too terribly fond of this little spat going on between Moirean and Llok right now. I'd almost be perfectly fine with lynching either of them just so that we can get back to voting with logical responses and action over emotionally-fueled nonsense. The only downside I really see here is that I simply don't know if I see either of them as mafia, and a civilian loss should be avoided if possible.

Llok's playing the loose cannon like he does in every game he takes part in, offering little explanation other than a flippant decision making process. This mentality has shown itself when he's been handed your typical scum roles, but the civilian ones as well, which essentially makes it a 50/50 chance.

I'm going to think on this a bit.

Gwenith
  • Part of the problem this early in the game is really having no clue who to trust. I could believe what Xenia is saying - but there is really nothing to back that up.

Moirean and Llok arguing are just distracting to the actual game itself. We still have Serrice also claiming she is the Fencer.

I am going to have to wait till I get more feedback - more responses - from the other players before I can make a moderately informed decision.
    edited August 2014
    Edited that out. I'm just being grumpy. I still do think that removing Llok is a good thing, though, since he's not being constructive and is antagonistic and is like this in every game.
  • If we are to believe Xenia that she locked up Serrice, would not both be dead now if in fact Serrice was the Fencer??

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    No, I think I already addressed that in an earlier post that the description of the Fencer power states that only kills trigger it. We can ask for Dam's confirmation ofc.

• Il Vecchio Schermidore, The Old Fencer - if targeted in the night, will be caught by surprise and killed, but not before destroying their assailant - this bypasses any immunities, as the Old Fencer, despite their philosophy of pacifism, is a ruthlessly effective combatant. If attacked by the mafia, they will destroy a random mafioso. Only lynches (or a snipe) ensure no reprisal whatsoever.

• @Damariel, clarification please.

• I understand that as reading that the fencer will only kill someone who comes to attack them, however if the case is that anyone that visits them is killed in the night, then Serrice is not the fencer.

My suspicions, btw, are on Alexina and Moirean at the moment. All of them voted on the major trains (Damonicus, Xenia, and Demarcus), with Alex's vote being the clincher. Demarcus we know was a townie of course. Damonicus I cautiously suspect is innocent, because as was mentioned before, a train formed fairly quickly on semi-flimsy evidence, with little in the way of defense on his part.

I'm still sort of leery of Xenia, but the fact that she didn't die tonight makes me wonder if the scum are hoping that we'll lynch her for them and make a terrible terrible mistake.

As a final addendum, I realize that if we're going to look at people who voted in all three trains, you might as well throw me into the mix. I think that's fair.

• I'll hold on my vote until we get more info about both roles.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Don't think that's how the Fencer works, no. As for Llok and Moirean, I still have that little thing rolling in my head about the role PMs. I'll be keeping an eye on Moirean.

• edited August 2014
    Damonicus said:

Il Vecchio Schermidore, The Old Fencer - if targeted in the night, will be caught by surprise and killed, but not before destroying their assailant - this bypasses any immunities, as the Old Fencer, despite their philosophy of pacifism, is a ruthlessly effective combatant. If attacked by the mafia, they will destroy a random mafioso. Only lynches (or a snipe) ensure no reprisal whatsoever.

Apologies for the unclear wording. The Fencer kills anyone who targets them for a kill at night. This doesn't apply to investigation, jailing, et cetra, et cetra, and if it's multiple mafia, a random one dies.
  • Thanks, well then. Have to start over with whole thing.

• I have a question for clarification, will those jailed get a PM @Damariel‌

• @Xenia: Not unless they attempt to perform an action that night!
    Also, question: if you're jailed, are you supposed to receive a PM letting you know such if you don't possess an active power?

The fact that you voted on the three trains is kinda a good clue - trains in the early rounds are mostly all made out of innocents. Looking at a single round of voting isn't going to tell us mafia and because of how random and disorganized things are at first, mafia can actually sit back in early rounds and stay under the radar. It's only when we have multiple rounds (and a mafia dead) that we can look back at a pattern.

Again, the town does most of the work for the mafia early on, so the mafia wants to lay low and look innocent. It's the people who haven't voted on trains, or vote or trains going nowhere just to get a vote in, ie have tried to keep clean are the ones we should be looking into. No mafia is going to jump on a round-one town lynch if the village is going there already.

Aren (1): Parker
    Parker (2): Aryanne, Ilyon
    Serrice (2): Damonicus, Aren
    Xenia (1): Demarcus
    Damonicus (1): Gwenith
    Demarcus (9): Xenia, Moirean, Slyphe, Piper, Trager, Jami, Serrice, Teani, Alexina
    No Lynch (1): Llok
    Abstain/No Vote (1): Maite‌

So, Parker, Llok, Maite are most suspicious and I bet at least one if mafia.
    @Teani, go back and read my post. I never said that everyone got PMs. I said that everyone is pretending to be a villager. I said that we have to play defensively and assume nobody is. I am confused why this is even a controversial thing. It's the entire premise of the game.