Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh derp, Xenia and I posted at once.
  • Ehhhh. While, I will accept your argument about not wanting to actually be a CONFIRMED vanilla townie where there are not also confirmed/highly suspected power-townie roles, saying "I didn't get a PM so didn't realize the game started yet!" is a far-far-far cry from being a confirmed townie. You're just role-claiming at that point. And, in the beginning, EVERYONE is "vanilla townie" role claiming until they're "power-townie" claiming. (So basically the only people who aren't claiming vanilla-townie-dom now are Serrice and Xenia)

It's totally legit for you to say "I believe that you're telling the truth and didn't realize it cause you're a townie" but that isn't anything remotely like being a confirmed townie.

• I'd like to get some clarification on the rules. If the GF is jailed, does this mean that the Consigliere can't get his orders, and therefore assume he has the "night off" so to speak, or can this person act autonomously?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Ugh, so much confusion. Also, the defence "I didn 't get a PM, so I didn't know the game had started" seems like a lame one. Just randomly coming in to the forums could mean you see the new thread.

Here's a breakdown so far:
    Damonicus	- 3 - (Xenia), Slyphe, (Serrice), Aren, Gwenith, (Alexina), 
    		      (Moirean)
    Llok		- 0 - (Moirean)
    Aryanne		- 0 - (Teani)
    Aren		- 1 - (Ilyon), (Trager), Parker
    Parker		- 2 - (Piper), Aryanne, (Moirean), Ilyon, (Moirean)
    Slyphe		- 0 - (Trager)
    Serrice		- 1 - Damonicus
    Xenia		- 4 - Demarcus, Serrice, Trager, Teani, (Moirean)
    Demarcus	- 2 - Xenia, Moirean

No lynch	- 1 - Llok
    Removed votes	- 2 - Alexina, Piper
    Not even voted	- 2 - Maite, Jami

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I've been away playing tabletop Dungeons and Dragons for the first time ever today (yay elf ranger) so there was like 20+ new posts when I got back. Xenia seems really scummy, and if she isn't scum, then Serrice definitely is. It seems like a pretty great first round for the civilians.

Vote: Xenia
    TragerDemarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Aryanne said:

Ehhhh. While, I will accept your argument about not wanting to actually be a CONFIRMED vanilla townie where there are not also confirmed/highly suspected power-townie roles, saying "I didn't get a PM so didn't realize the game started yet!" is a far-far-far cry from being a confirmed townie. You're just role-claiming at that point. And, in the beginning, EVERYONE is "vanilla townie" role claiming until they're "power-townie" claiming. (So basically the only people who aren't claiming vanilla-townie-dom now are Serrice and Xenia)

It's totally legit for you to say "I believe that you're telling the truth and didn't realize it cause you're a townie" but that isn't anything remotely like being a confirmed townie.

Right. Anyways, since you and I basically admitted to not getting PM's, we tipped our hand that we're vanilla townies. I don't know how else to say it.

I was throwing the theory that you both could be Mafia as a super-sneaky tactic. I'd be very willing to buy that you're scum and Serrice is the real deal. Hence why my vote is on you. Or the other way around. Either way, you've already admitted to false role-claiming once, why should I suddenly believe that you're the warden? We know you're a power role of some sort. All of the back peddling and panicking leads me to believe you're scum. I'm more than willing to risk the Warden's power to find out just how accurate my scumdar senses are. It's a complete pot shot as to whether they actually save anyone.

Also, this is taking entirely too long.
  • Demarcus said:

EXHIBIT A: Right. Anyways, since you and I basically admitted to not getting PM's, we tipped our hand that we're vanilla townies. I don't know how else to say it.

EXHIBIT B: I'm more than willing to risk the Warden's power to find out just how accurate my scumdar senses are. It's a complete pot shot as to whether they actually save anyone.

EXHIBIT C: Also, this is taking entirely too long.

A - You seem to be trying to reinforce this a lot after it was already done once by accident by somebody else. Are you trying too hard to cover your tail and blend in? Maybe.

B - Er, the warden is undoubtedly one of the biggest assets to us as the game progresses. Why are you so quick to want to risk that to 'test your scumdar senses'? Seems like way too big of a gamble where we'd potentially lose an asset for essentially what can be summed up to stroking your ego.

C - The longer the round is, typically the more educated our decision-making process can be. We've got more time (and more posts) to analyze and read over in an attempt to lower our chances of killing an innocent.

I'm still side-eyeing the counter roleclaim by @Xenia, because it's sketchy as hell to me, but in the case that Xenia is who she says she is, I don't quite think I'm willing to risk that.

Damonicus also still comes off as shady to me, but considering the above, I'm going to:

Unvote: @Damonicus
    Vote: @Demarcus

I don't even get how you can "accidentally" "reveal" that you didn't get a PM. I'm just operating under the assumption that everyone will SAY that they didn't get one as proof of their innocence and that everyone actually did get a PM until confirmed otherwise.
    Aryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Vote: Demarcus
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Seems like there is a very easy way to solve this. Forgive me if I have missed something, but can't townies just ask for 'Divine' clearance, so to speak? Either way this is going, Demarcus is most likely about to eat it. Through lynch, or through Mafia if they really do decide to off one of said townies. Least he could do, at this point, is try and garner some good out of it if he really is a towny. Either claim the role, or prepare to be lynched.

Unvote:Xenia
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Only one person can get clearance through Divinity and that's the Innocent.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Oh. Well. Sucks2BDemarcus?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Demarcus
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Tbf, scum could also just not target him or target Xenia or just target some random to throw suspicion onto those folks and get us to kill them ourselves.

• reading over everything this seems like a really crazy first round, and Demarcus sounds like scum.

I believe Moirean made a slip-up as well here, making me feel like she has a power role of some kind. All those who actually -are- townies will know about the PMs only reaching the power roles, no?

No? Apparently like only 3 of us read everything...
    Damariel said:

Signups are closed - we're running with this rather impressive number of eighteen. I will post the thread and all relevant PMs before going to bed tonight.

• I am still of the mind that getting the power roles in a joint discussion and taking some sort of leap of faith will be in the towns best interest. If this lynch passes through on @Demarcus‌

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    In interest of moving the game along, I'm going to -

But I'm also still pointing my finger at Xenia. I think it's pretty convenient that after someone counterclaims her first role claim, her next claim is the one role we have that you can't really safely roleclaim (because Mafia can just rub you out and there's nothing you can do about it). It feels like the plan here is that either we take her word and she's safe from suspicion, another townie claims (maybe even the real one!?) and THEY get rubbed out. Just feels like a ploy to maybe draw out some of our power roles after the finger of suspicion got pointed (from my claim).

• Blah, it sent before it was finished, should the lynch pass through on @Demarcus, and he turns out to be mafia, can I suggest that we start a discussion in the night round (assuming this is allowed) so that the power roles can know who one another are?

Moirean said:

I don't even get how you can "accidentally" "reveal" that you didn't get a PM. I'm just operating under the assumption that everyone will SAY that they didn't get one as proof of their innocence and that everyone actually did get a PM until confirmed otherwise.

Sorry, but maybe I misunderstood you then? What I read from this is that you're saying you're working under the assumption that everyone (even townies) got a PM, when it's kind of clear they didn't.

And to move things along, I'll be doing

Unvote Xenia
    Vote Demarcus

I don't know how to rephrase what I said to make it clearer. I am assuming that everyone is going to claim they didn't get PMs. Everyone wants to be just a normal villager.
    AryanneDemarcus
  • edited August 2014
    Aren (1): Parker
    Parker (2): Aryanne, Ilyon
    Serrice (2): Damonicus, Aren
    Xenia (2): Demarcus, Alexina
    Demarcus (8): Xenia, Moirean, Slyphe, Piper, Trager, Jami, Serrice, Teani
    No Lynch (1): Llok
    Abstain/No Vote (2): @Maite‌, @Gwenith‌

(Trager previously voted for Aren, then Slyphe, then Xenia)
    (Moirean previously voted for Llok, then Parker, then Damonicus, then Xenia, then Parker)
    (Alexina previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Llok previously voted for Parker)
    (Ilyon previously voted for Aren)
    (Xenia previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Piper previously voted for Parker)
    (Slyphe previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Serrice previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Teani previously voted for Aryanne, then Xenia)
    For the folks at home keeping score. 9 votes are necessary to perform a lynch.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    What the heck. Did someone make a post that explained why Xenia all of a sudden isn't super mafia, or am I just missing an important detail? She claims role after getting called out, then Serrice says she is that very same role, and for some reason we're just going to ignore that?

Geesh.

Unvote: Xenia
    Demarcus
  • edited August 2014
    Aren (1): Parker
    Parker (2): Aryanne, Ilyon
    Serrice (2): Damonicus, Aren
    Xenia (1): Demarcus
    Damonicus (1): Gwenith
    Demarcus (9): Xenia, Moirean, Slyphe, Piper, Trager, Jami, Serrice, Teani, Alexina
    No Lynch (1): Llok
    Abstain/No Vote (1): Maite‌

(Trager previously voted for Aren, then Slyphe, then Xenia)
    (Moirean previously voted for Llok, then Parker, then Damonicus, then Xenia, then Parker)
    (Alexina previously voted for Damonicus, then Xenia)
    (Llok previously voted for Parker)
    (Ilyon previously voted for Aren)
    (Xenia previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Piper previously voted for Parker)
    (Slyphe previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Serrice previously voted for Damonicus)
    (Teani previously voted for Aryanne, then Xenia)
    "He was the chef at the time of the Cannoli Incident!"

"No! No! Please, it was not my fault! It was the chickens, when they got into the salami!"

The angry crowd is unwilling to hear a word in favor of poor Demarcus, however, and in moments he's been dragged up to a streetlight and raised up, dancing wildly in the air and clawing at his throat. It takes some time for him to die, his face going blue, his eyes rolling up into his head. Shreds of skin cling beneath his fingernails, and the rope is bloody where he tried to pry it away from his now-bloody flesh.

Demarcus has been lynched. He was Un Buon, a Townsperson. The finest chef in the entire region, to boot.

It is now Night 1 - I will require PMs from all active power roles, declaring use of their abilities or lack thereof.
    Demarcus
  • I did actually vote btw.

Politics
  • Gwenith said:
    I did actually vote btw.

So you did. I searched for "Vote:", not "Vote :" - last post has been corrected.

• <3

Politics
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    :dizzy_face:
    AshmerTragerPiper
  • Sadly, I was away most of the day, and I tend to forget to check the forums. I would have voted for Xenia, after reading through everyone's posts and thoughts.

If I continue to forget to check tomorrow, I will withdraw myself from the game. I'm sorry for the wait.
  • That was the stupidest vote train I've had the misfortune to read. 

Let's kill off moirean and xenia.

Sheesh