Mafia: Original Flavor

Comments

• Hrm. Now I'm torn. On one hand, Damonicus' "let's list random names" approach is really weird. On the other hand, when he did have the mafia role last time, he was really good at not drawing suspicion to himself, indicating that he's probably not mafia this time.

Staying on my random-vote for now, lurking.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah the speed at which that Damon train formed was pretty quick. Then again...round one. :/
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Just because Damonicus was head bad guy last time doesn't mean he can't be another bad role this time. Seems like a weak (and very quick) defence to me. Also, did he just randomly pick three of those who hadn't spoken up and one who posted a vote as bad guys? I mean, how can one have a feeling some are scum without even having seen anything of their thoughts on the very first day?

On the other hand, the train did form up very quickly too with four votes.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    There seems to be a lot of 'well, he could be guilty or he couldn't be guilty and maybe another person is guilty instead' for being day one. I'm not sure how much information can be gleaned when people just hop from train to train. I sort of wanted to vote for Slyphe because he stole the 'first post' from me in the sign up because I was reading through the rules, but it seems like I missed lots of the first day here while I was at work.

Vote: Damonicus
  • Well you can use me to see how your train theory works.

Well... :( Someone has to die for us to move on. We can move into night round and get some investigations and stuff going and use this to help analyze vote records later. First round is usually not very insightful and it sucks being the lynchee, but it also sucks being stuck in day one for ages. Sorry....

Vote: Parker
    Vote: Damonicus
  • When I am dead, I'll be laughing bcause I am right. Enjoy Also, please do not tag me, do not feel like seeing multiple notifications. k thanks!

• don't forget that one of these trains isn't random!

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    How odd. I thought this game was not going to start yesterday.
    Lets face it. Anyone who posted in the wee-hours of the game have the highest likelihood of being a power role or mafia. Why? Because they got messages. I'm just saying.

Town power roles would, logically, refrain from starting a train because they're going to play a little more conservatively. If we rule out Moirean since she's ALWAYS on the forums, and Llok... well, I think he lurks somehow, that leads me to a single conclusion:

Vote: Xenia
    Haha I was reading your post and was like huh, I don't get it, wouldn't people just see the thread pop up? And then I got to the line about me and it made sense and now I feel kinda dirty for my forums addiction. :|

(I forgot that you can even get emails for PM notifications. I had like thousands of those "alerts" about activity, so I just have it all disabled. Stop laughing :( )
    Demarcus
  • I don't know where you are @Demarcus, but I got my notification in the morning (CST). Anyway, I am surprised that my post led to a train on Damonicus, but well, as Moirean said, I guess someone has to be killed off.

I would like to point out, however, that most people voted based on his reaction as opposed to anything I had to offer as logical argument.

He's saying that only power roles got PMs, so you basically just admitted that you're a power role...
    Demarcus
  • blahh, so many details, and though it's clearly stated, I forgot that this game only power roles were PMd. Well, I was actually considering a round one claim anyway, since my role could be detrimental to our dirty cop.

I'm the Fencer. Let's gleam what we can from this and those of you sided with the town claim to me.

Ah, darn, that could have been a clutch free kill. Still, it means that if they do want to take you out, they'll have to use up their sniper rifle, which is one less tool the lover might snag. I guess it's...something.

Wait for counterclaims please, for a few hours, before roleclaiming to her. SHE MIGHT BE SNEAKY SCUM since she knows she's caught... :|
  • I want the town to gleam all it can from this mistake. To forestall the lynch and give everyone time to collect itself and find time to network among ourselves.

Unvote Damonicus

Unvote Damonicus
  • Can we get a clarification on if the Wadren can protect the Fencer. because if not, Xenia just gave the mafia a first night role kill. As also you cannot be confirmed until dead, because if anyone visits, you kill them as well.

It would cost them one of their own to kill her, though, unless they use the rifle. They might just be leaving her alive. I'm waiting, like I said, for counterclaims, but if we don't hear any, I am going to assume she's genuine.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Unvote Damonicus
    Vote Xenia

I don't believe at all she's the Fencer.

I'm the Fencer. We should have a duel to settle this.

Oooh SNAP.
  • Ahhh, and the plot thickens.

Also, given that Xenia is now either scum or a really ballsy innocent, I think we can safely assume that Damonicus isn't a baddie. I think it'd be really really really weird for scum to straight up accuse one of their own as like, one of the very first posts.

That is, if Xenia isn't a really ballsy innocent.

I'm confused, why would the innocent pretend to be the fencer? If she was the innocent, couldn't she just be like "hi, I'm the innocent" and it'd be confirmed by Damariel (if I'm understanding how the role works, I'm a bit unclear on it, so I could be mistaken).
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Except people already deduced that she has a power role.

Unvote: Damonicus
    Demarcus
    @Moirean: I think you do misunderstand, because I don't see anything at all in the rules that says that if you claim innocent, @Damariel‌ comes down and public affirms it. We might as well just have everyone claim right now as a logical conclusion of that assumption and end the game right now.

As for the question of why an innocent would claim Fencer: well there is one reason, but I'm of the opinion that Xenia isn't using it, just because the reward is really small (mafia wastes their sniper rifle) and the potential consequences are too large (dirty cop accidentally hits the /real/ Fencer).

I'd also like to touch on confirming the role.

First of all, let's get this out of the way: I'm pretty sure only a kill is revenged by the Fencer, just from the wording of the role.

With that in mind, I also want to point out that our Jailer role also blocks someone from being investigated.

So that throws us into a tricky situation. Does the Warden protect under the assumption that scum will snipe the person? What if scum operate under the assumption that that's going to happen and just kills someone else? It'll also block our investigator from confirming. Or maybe the warden will double back, and hoping that the scum hits someone else, NOT protect the role?

I thought you meant THE innocent.
    Oh okay. I forgot we actually have a role named that in this game, sorry. I more meant like, townie.

So, here's the current status of events:

-Xenia votes for Damonicus.
    -Damonicus votes for Serrice
    -Other people vote for Damonicus
    -Serrice votes for Damonicus

I think it is safe to conclude that Damonicus is likely innocent based on the fact that Xenia/Serrice are scum. In fact, I'd be willing to gamble that BOTH are scum. Checkitout:

-Roleclaiming the Fencer is the logical false-claim due to the power. It's basically a dare to use the sniper rifle on you because that's the only way you die without taking anyone with you. I noticed this when I read the role and figured someone would do it. I just didn't want to give anyone the idea to do it to be honest. The REAL Fencer probably wouldn't, because the sniper rifle is really not going to be used unless there is a clear target. The REAL Fencer would be better off not role claiming because then if the Mafia decide to try and night kill them, BAMMO! Sucks to be one of the Mafia.
    -Having TWO members of the Mafia false role claims sets up a nice little 'win-lose-win'. We lynch one of the two, thereby "reaffirming" the other as the so-called real Fencer. Now the Mafia have a 'confirmed' townie Power Role that will no-doubt want the rest of the townie Power Roles to confide in them. Then they get picked off one by one, making it an easy game.

Yeah, so... I suspect the REAL Fencer is laying low. I know I would be.

Worst case scenario? We kill one, it's the Fencer, so we kill the other tomorrow for a confirmed Townie. I'm good with either, but I'm really feeling the both-are-scum mentality.