Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I don't feel like anyone has complained that the RP arc isn't "Going the way I want it to".. or really anything like that.

The main issue has been circling around the item used in this RP, and what it forces onto people, without giving them the opportunity to react to it. If you're going to include everyone and make it a world event, at least give us the ability to react appropriately to it.
    AarbrokArekaKerrynTeani
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    There is always a course of action you can take even if they are better at pk or outnumber you. I've always played that way both as a Lifer (where I started doing that) and as A Spirean darkie. Should your player be mad that this item is sifting shadow from you? IDK only you can answer that from your characters RP perspective, but it's not their fault for being stronger combat wise. Figure out a response and try hard to carry it out win or lose its a role to play and can be fun. It really just sounds like you're all throwing in the towel and giving them the win because they're pk stronger.
    MephistolesIshinAnise
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited August 2014
    We as players aren't mad that shadow is being stolen from our characters. We as players are frustrated that we're getting abducted, prismed and jabbed every hour while we're trying to play the game, it is disruptive and inconsiderate to the frequency and lengths it has been taken, and that we have no path of recourse save 'lol PK Ezalor and Xarian even though it's a level 21 noob who just got abducted' or 'just bounty me yeah that'd be awesome I'd love a fight'.

Edit: In other words, "I'm going to harass you and disrupt your playing and your path of action is to (ineffectively because it will not create change as it's something I enjoy and want more of) give me more of what I enjoy with no regards to your own experience both in the harassment and in the recourse." mentality.

Edit Edit: And on top, when we speak up and say 'hey this isn't fun, we'd like it to be fun too, can we meet in the middle so everyone has some fun' we're told we're just whiners and complaining and to just PK already.
    NolaErzsebetElieKerrynTeani
  • Note that all the people agreeing with you are the ones who are running free with this rp, @aren.

As with exterminations, it's just a very one-sided thing. Of course nobody on the other side is complaining. They're getting lols, they're getting RP ( if they want it ), they're getting their PK. They're basically getting anything they want, with very little consequence.

I wouldn't complain about it either, probably.
    AarbrokAreka
    I agree and I'm not doing it or playing. It's conflict, and the beauty of conflict is it's there whether you want it or not. It's not meant to be convenient, and nobody asks the other side if a war would be good for them. You need to adapt and figure out what can be done against their tactics. The alternatives are run and hide or give up. You all seem to be leaping for the giving up stage.
    Ishin
  • Sharing needles is bad.

JensenTragerStathan
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Jensen - those ARE OUR OPTIONS - to sit in our havens and not leave, to qq, to always be moving, or to shield and never move. There is no counter. There is mechanically nothing else we can do. We have asked gods IC, we have tried to seek information IC which just now has only had some minor success backed with "But there's nothing you'll be able to do about it and we're not stopping," and god intervention.
    JensenTralendarMephistolesErzsebetKerryn
  • edited August 2014
    As you know, I've not been all that active in the recent past, but this looks like everyone is up in arms over nothing.

As a player, this should only come off as a minor annoyance (spam) since there is no lasting harm to your character or any sort of mechanical inconvenience to an emote. There is more than enough that can be done by people that ICly are offended by this and if those actions are not being taken I don't know what to tell you. Most events in the history of Aetolia are not global events, so not everyone will be in the loop, nor should the players expect to completely be involved in events specific to an organization they are not part of. The mog move that recently happened was an example where ICly no one in BL would have wanted the area moved away, but their involvement in the event was minimal at best. I remember many events where admin would flood BL with raiding mobs and such due to events for organizations outside BL, where replacing guards (back before it was a single command) and making up lost xp was left to people in BL.

Someone was complaining about Iosyne godmodding the charms so they only work for order members and confiscating them. In case you didn't notice Iosyne is actually a god, so godmodding isn't all that out of character for the god that made the charms. While I can understand some frustration with that sort of thing, it isn't unprecedented or unreasonable for a god to ICly tweak and confiscate items that they don't wish those outside of their orders to use.

This seems to be mostly rage akin to the hearts of darkness events where people would go out of their way to dodge arrows (that do nothing harmful except minor spam) and then complaining that the event which they were not participating in was forcing them to run around instead of bashing or whatever.

In short, I think people are blowing this way out of proportion and need to calm down.
    ArekaJensenAarbrokMephistolesIshinStathanIlyonAren
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2014
    I wan't to say something constructive aside from general frustrations that have been listed here.

There are some people I want to give credit to, @Moirean, @Mariena, @Jami, and @Cabalists
    These are people who have roleplayed with me from both sides of the game but ultimately @Areka is right.

(Summoned to Iosyne, and asked to give up the charms I was given via RP to bring to the Cabal to study)
    The four-armed Goddess stands before you, a fury in Her blind gaze, the very air around Her rippling with waves of blood-red haze.

You have emoted: Aarbrok narrows his eyes as he is thrown through time and space itself, unsteady in his landing he focuses and his eyes rest upon that of the Goddess before him, "Malevolent." he says, regaining his footing and pulling himself upright, uncertain of his reasoning for being here precisely.

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "Creature."

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "You have something that belongs to Me and that should not have been given to you."

The Malevolent Goddess holds out one of Her four hands in front of Her, palm up.

You have emoted: Aarbrok clutches the pouch at his side, looking over Iosyne curiously, "These...were gifted to me, as they have imposed upon the law of the Republic....and need be studied proper, I ...I can help You, but I must do this right." he says with discomfort, "The Spireans will revolt...there will be no help, if not done right...."

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "They were not her gifts to give. They were My gifts to Mine and His alone."

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "Give them up, or I will take them by force."

You have emoted: Aarbrok nods his head astutely, though the obvious fear resonates in his eyes, "He - has been long absent, the Cabal...we respect Him as we do You..." he opens up the pouch slowly, his hands fumbling as he continues, "...we can help You, why do You not want this, I fear not my death, I fear more the loss of another of Yours siblings."

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "I WILL NOT REPEAT MYSELF."

You have emoted: Aarbrok stands quietly before the Goddess, taking in a deep breath as he looks directly upon the massive form before him, "...and I will not forsake my oath to protect the interests of the Republic, Malevolent." he says with a bit of terror in his tone, so much so he tries to hide it with feigned bravado though the shaking of his hand showing otherwise, "By no man, woman or God will the freedoms of our people and their safety be broken....I fought too long for this, and I have offered myself to help You, yet you refuse..."

You say, "I am not sorry...I wish I could be."

(THINK)
    You are doing what is right, but at what cost, you know better...you should not challenge a God.

Iosyne, the Malevolent says, "You are a fool who knows nothing of the power before you."

The rasping sounds of skittering legs heralds a horde of hundreds of tiny centipedes scurrying by. In their wake, they drop an onyx centipede charm and hasten off into the shadows.

The rasping sounds of skittering legs heralds a horde of hundreds of tiny centipedes scurrying by. In their wake, they drop an onyx centipede charm and hasten off into the shadows.
    (Stripped of the Items)

Iosyne moves in towards Aarbrok, outstretching Her hands and opening Her fanged mouth impossibly wide. Appearing beside you, the Malevolent Goddess reaches out with all four of Her arms. A pair of them grasp your head, a palm covering your eyes and a second one blazing hot against the inked mark at your neck. Her third and fourth hands are pressed against your chest, where they abruptly and effortlessly rip apart your ribcage. The pain of your chest cavity being split open is just shy of sending you into unconsciousness - unfortunately, you are still alive when She begins to feast on your heart. As much as your focus is drawn to the hot splash of blood splattering over your torso as She gnashes through the organ, you sense something even greater being drawn from the back of your neck. In your final moments, driven by the delusion of pain, you feel the shadow sucked clean from your core, your fragile body no longer strong enough to contain it.
    You have been slain by Iosyne.
    Experience Lost: 15000 [total: 2540734]
    An armored ackranit falls out of your inventory.
    (Killed)
    Ishin
    Those are not your only options, there are always things that slow down or dissuade other orgs from their current path. Figure them out, and if you lose trying, then you lose and best of luck the next time.
    MephistolesIshinElie
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Just to add to the annoyance, I logged in tonight to check my shop stock, and I locked my shop door so I wouldn't be bothered while I checked it/wandered off to grab food. I STILL got harassed by some inconsiderate asshole who decided to prism in and do the damn shadow-sucking thing anyway. It's one thing if people are just kind of standing out in the open, but it's kind of jerkish to barge into places that are blocked off.
    StathanElieTeani
    There is always an inevitable price to pay for idling no matter how good the reason is to do so.
    IshinMephistolesElie
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited August 2014
    I dislike this event, and the fact that it makes me feel like I have to hide in a haven or not play if I don't want to deal with people trying to gank my shadow.

ETA: To clarify, I didn't have an OOC problem with the person I had tell-to-tell RP with concerning it, I have a problem with the concept of 'well, we're going to force this shit on you anyway', and the only recourse you have as a player is to just not log on, not even on alts, because no one's above this nonsense and pk is useless in this instance--especially when it's people who are supposedly allies.
    imageimage
    PhoeneciaAarbrokArekaNolaStathanTeani
  • I haven't been tested yet. I was idling about yesterday and even hung out in Delos for awhile.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Ingram said:

I haven't been tested yet. I was idling about yesterday and even hung out in Delos for awhile.

They didn't have enough proper testing equipment for you.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ishin
  • We all know Ingram has the 'itis.

i am rapture coder
    RiluoTragerHavenMephistolesSlypheStathanIshin
  • I'm wondering if report 1745 is getting worked on. I'm hungry. -_-
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• There seem to be two things that no one in this thread can even begin to understand. I'm gonna lay them out as simply as I possibly can.

1) It sure would be nice if everyone involved with an event got to PARTICIPATE in that event, rather than simply being the SUBJECT of that event. I imagine that would make a lot of people a lot happier.

2) The Rage thread (whether IC or OOC) is for people to rage, not to have their rage analyzed, picked apart, criticized, bitched at, or belittled. Rage or go somewhere else, kids.

TragerNolaIngramTeaniJensenMephistolesErzsebet
  • When people rage here other people are gonna comment. Just sayin. You can't expect to post something and have no one say something in return, adding their own opinions.
    IngramMephistolesIshin
  • You sure can if those are the rules of the thread.

ArenIngramJensenMephistoles
  • In regards to this whole situation with the 'charms' I was rather intrigued when I learned the supposed truth behind the reasons for it. I had experienced the Shadowbound way back when and the whole situation with the Shadow Mother and Mers wouldn't have wanted to see that return. Though now that I am aware of the -real- reasons behind it and have experienced multiple times now the sharp stabbing pricks of these charms and how absolutely ridiculous it is how fast it can be done and the serious lack of Roleplay that goes along with it I am rather annoyed.

Mers has attempted to suggest methods of preventing this from occurring and has been met with basically no response or statements of 'that's not something that can be done' when seeking RP based solutions to the issue. So I'm left thinking that we should just set back and watch the show because Severn is going to come back one way or the other and there's really nothing we can do to stop it.

In other games (*cough*Achaea*cough*) in the past when there were things like this going on, they would equip BOTH sides with the ability to do something about it. I mean unless it's already been decided that Severn is coming back and this is just a fun way for @Iosyne to just sit back and laugh as they go around doing what She said to do and Her followers to have something to do other than do leylines all the time, it's rather pointless. Why even have the charms if Severn is coming back regardless? It's been made clear we cannot do anything about it save for slow down the process by hiding out where they cannot access us or just simply not log in. (goodbye fun)

The simple fact is that as humorous and fun as paint pellets and the signs are they aren't going to bar the Artificer from returning and they lost their appeal rather quickly. If you want to actually have Roleplaying occurring a roleplaying game then you might consider giving both sides something to work with to be able to combat this. Landmarking ring any bells?

This situation = Roleplay and Event based FAIL at it's best and I'm personally kinda tired of it already -- on a side note the 'RP log' of @Iosyne and @Aarbrok was ridiculous as I commend him for his actions but shake my head at @Iosyne for forcing Her will yet again where anything might stand in the way of what She wants. C'mon Lifer Gods, do something that will actually make a difference other than suggesting PKing people over it. We all know everybody and their dog is endgame anymore and what do you really lose by dying? The same amount of xp as most of us can kill in 5min of bashing and taking them out of the running for the 2min or so it takes to travel through the mirror? For gods sake at least perhaps make it where they have to have serious balance to do it and if we manage to kill them it drains the charm or something like that.

Overall verdict upon 'Fake Shadow Plague Failplay 2014' = Suck
    Elie
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Or is this just fantasy.
    RiluoGwenithPiperIshin
  • Balance Used: 4.65 seconds
    You wave your sign about angrily, making your stance known.
    HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SerriceMoireanOmeiTragerMephistolesAryanneIshinEzalor
  • Caught in a (bloody) landslide...

...damn trolls
    GwenithIshin
  • edited August 2014
    No escape from reality.

(if we can go through this song one line at a time and no double posting I will give the last person 100 cr just for amusing me)

Politics
    Elie
  • Open your eyes...

So down with anything that will make this thread not a circlejerk about something that really should be split into another thread...

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Look up to the skies Pools and seeeeeee....
  • I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

This discussion has been closed.