Benvenuti a Mafia
Some rules and common sense things before I recapitulate the roles and get down to beeswax:
- Let's not have any direct copy-pastes from any PMs I send you as a way of lending validity to your roleclaim.
- I will not be posting anonymous messages on behalf of any of the players. If you want to communicate outside of the forums with each other by whatever means you fancy, I understand that I cannot prevent this, but you do so at your own risk. I wanted to try something different for this game.
- As far as night actions are concerned, I will be specific if your action is blocked or if your target is unavailable - i.e. "they were jailed, you were jailed, your target has a bulletproof vest."
- I am more than willing to answer questions or give clarification in this thread, or in a PM.
- If this thread is up and you have not received a PM, you are one of the Townspeople.
- I am not responsible if you begin to crave cannolis. That's on you to fix.
Personaggi del villaggio - The Town
I Buoni, The Townspeople
- unless they are also one of the special roles indicated below, the townspeople are confused, frightened civilians who possess only a daytime vote to lynch one of the players.Il Carceriere, The Warden
- able to jail another person for the night; this person is prevented from using their abilities that night, if they have them, but is also protected from any attempts to kill or investigate them - even sniper rifles
. The Warden may not jail themselves.Il Investigatore, The Detective
- able to investigate another person's factional affiliation.Il Poliziotto Corrotto, The Dirty Cop
- one revolver, three shots, one per night. Feeling lucky, punk? Investigates as guilty to the Detective.Il Vecchio Schermidore, The Old Fencer
- if targeted in the night, will be caught by surprise and killed, but not before destroying their assailant - this bypasses any immunities, as the Old Fencer, despite their philosophy of pacifism, is a ruthlessly effective combatant. If attacked by the mafia, they will destroy a random mafioso. Only lynches (or a snipe) ensure no reprisal whatsoever.L'Innocente, The Innocent
- an innocent townsperson who may receive confirmation as innocent by Divine declaration during any point in the game. The target of The Lover.
All of the above roles win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Personaggi della mafia - The Mafia
I Cattivi, The Mafiosos
- the rank and file of the Mafia, who may or may not exist unaltered depending on the number of Mafiosos needed in the game. Mafiosos may vote collectively on a night kill, a power they possess in addition to any of the roles listed below.Il Don, The Godfather
- shows up as innocent under investigation; ironclad alibi despite being boss of the Mafia.Il Consigliere, The Consigliere
- the Godfather's right-hand man with access to numerous city records and resources. The Consigliere may research one person per night to learn what their role is.Il Associatio, The Associate
- an outside contractor, jack-of-all-trades and an influential operative within the Mafia, the Associate gains one (x1) use of each of the following abilities:
, whose target requires one less vote to lynch during the following day round..
, whose target goes to jail for the night.
A sniper rifle
, which allows their faction's night kill on that same round to bypass reprisal and bulletproof vests.
The Associate may only use one of these abilities per night.
All of the above roles win when the Lover is destroyed and the Mafia have an indisputable voting majority over the town.
Personaggio pazzesco - The Third Party
L'Amante, The Lover
- in their own mind only; a better name for them would be Il Brutto
. Set on ending the game with only themselves and L'Inocente still alive (they know the Innocent's identity), and everyone else dead, dead, dead. The Lover wears a bulletproof vest that absorbs any attempts to kill them during the night. The Detective investigates them as guilty. As roles die, the Lover becomes more powerful; they gain the following abilities if and when each of the following roles die:The Associate
- whatever abilities remained to the associate at the time of their death.The Consigliere
- x1 role investigation.The Detective
- x1 factional investigation.The Dirty Cop
- x1 night kill.All Mafia
- x1 night kill.The Warden
- x1 frameup.
The Lover may use only one of these abilities per night; exception being if they acquire a sniper rifle
, which they may combine with a night kill.
The Lover, however, begins the game with no special abilities of their own beyond their bulletproof vest.
The Lover wins when only they and the Innocent remain alive.
If the Innocent dies, the Lover dies as well.
They found the horse's head beside a chicken's head, and a chicken's head beside the horse's, and a pig's head beside the chicken's, and a cow's head beside the pig's, and a cat's head beside the cow's, and a dog's head beside the cat's.
Next to all of that, there was the poor farmer, old man Millantatore, riddled with bullets, his field in ruins. You didn't have to be a detective to know that he'd been talking a bit too loudly about how the Mafia shouldn't come knocking at his door.
To the criminals' very slight credit, they hadn't, really. They'd sufficed for knocking in the wall, instead. The old man's wife, Strega Millantatore, had been run through with a pitchfork, and now lay across her cauldron. She'd been a source of rich gossip and more than a little awe, but without her and her cures, arthritis was going to be that much more unbearable.
One thing had become clear, before this incident: the Mafia was a threat, and they couldn't be allowed to continue. The protection rackets, the extortion, and the murders were all bad enough, but the Cannoli Incident? The Cannoli Incident had really sealed the deal.
You have to destroy them.
An angry meeting converges in the town square - everyone is full of blame, full of accusations, well aware that the Mafiosos must be hiding anonymously in their midst. Puzzolente is a small town, true, but everyone has their secrets, some larger than others.
It's just a shame that those secrets might see their owners' blood spilled upon the streets.It is Day 1
- there are 13 Townspeople, 4 Mafiosos, and 1 Lover surviving. 9 votes
are necessary for a lynch.