LOVE

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    That movie is amazing. While I worked at the video store, I would order in those movies for myself, and soon, the whole staff needed to have a copy. Basically anything Don Bluth, or like it. Princess and the Goblin is still one of my favorite movies.

I maintain my manliness while singing along with a subdued glee.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Piper
  • Ahaha, the classics never die. :]

I've been singing the songs from Flight of Dragons for years now. I remember having a sick day and being allowed to stay up late to watch it when I was like...8? I want to say 8-ish. Such a great memory.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    My ultimate childhood film memory is cleaning the whole house - with the gusto of a six year old, which means, I mostly moved things from here to there - just so my mom would let me use the VCR to record Ferngully, which I then proceeded to watch so many times that she had to buy me a copy for Christmas.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Akimoto
  • Feeeeernguuuullly! Aaaaaaahhh <3

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    If you didn't dance to Ferngully's soundtrack and feel like a total prepubescent badass, you didn't really have a childhood.
    OrisaeAlastair
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I had to wiki that movie to remember what it was. :< Classic movie was a classic.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    My settlement check from my car accident from May came in. It's a large, LARGE chunk of change and while it's all going into my savings for future investments like a house and a car, I've been coerced by a number of friends to at least spend some of it on myself so I decided on getting Lasik to finally get rid of my glasses after 20 years. I can't even begin to explain how excited and happy that I am. Now I just need to find a good doctor and one where I don't have to blow too much money.
    HavenOrisaeAlistaireArenAkimotoSeigAlastair
  • Two weeks all expenses paid to go to Texas in wtfcold mid-January. Free hotel, free food, free airfare, free debate. Hell yeah! 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

OrisaeHavenArekaSeig
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Seir said:
    My settlement check from my car accident from May came in. It's a large, LARGE chunk of change and while it's all going into my savings for future investments like a house and a car, I've been coerced by a number of friends to at least spend some of it on myself so I decided on getting Lasik to finally get rid of my glasses after 20 years. I can't even begin to explain how excited and happy that I am. Now I just need to find a good doctor and one where I don't have to blow too much money.
    I may know someone who works for a LASIK company.

Spoiler: It's me. Let's talk.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Eeee! I've never, ever submitted a Bardic and I WON :D
    Orisae
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I am loving invcat! Thanks so much, Raz!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    DashaRaecheAngweRivasSeirSeig
  • I've finally built a new computer with all the best parts (within reason) that money can buy! Better use that GTX 690 (Reason? Ha!)to bump Aetolia up to 1080p! Wow, look at those graphics! Look at all those FPS!

(This is true, as I did assemble my new computer, but I play Aetolia on my old laptop to take advantage of those INTEGRATED GRAPHICS and make sure I'm using all 2 GB of RAM)
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
    Alastair
  • edited December 2012
    I love INVCAT. It may need a little bit more work to be more flexible in categorising items, and the ability to see what is in each category, but I particularly appreciate how receptive the admin/Razmael is to our needs. This simple thing adds so much utility, and I think it is a job well done.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm posting, despite the fact that I've said this so many times I think everyone here already knows it.

In March of this year, I weighed 250lbs (113kg).  I got really sick for a week or two to the point that I couldn't breathe, cough, and eat at the same time, and dropped 10lbs (4kg).  This was the kickstart I needed to be able to ignore the hunger as I began to eat a more appropriate amount (I was still eating like I was in the Navy and constantly working).

Now it's December, and as of this morning I'm down to 202lbs (91kg).  My goal is to get to 175lbs (79kg) which, with my bone structure, will have me looking thin but healthy, with a tiny bit of pudge here and there to look like a human being.  I'm hoping to make it by mid next year, but whatev.  As long as I don't gain any more, I'm pleased.

I've also dropped from a pant size 20 to 16 - I'm not looking that up in Euro.
    AzraelXavinOrisaeIreaAymahAkimotoSeig
  • +1 to the LOVE of losing weight. I'm down 26 pounds in the last month and a half or so, though I've only started really taking it seriously in these last two weeks.

The combination of that, and building some muscle (sup ladies) has had me feeling fantastic. Confidence boost, clothes fitting better, and all the more motivated to keep it up.

Admittedly, going on 4chan's /fit/ (don't say anything) and reading stuff there, like the "Fat Person Stories" has been as big a motivator as some of the above stuff. 
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    OrisaeSeig
  • edited December 2012

How do you do it? I want to give myself the old weightloss new years resolution, but I have no idea how to pull it off without losing interest. <.<

PM me with any and all advice!

Also, size 20 is sixe 50 in Europe size and size 16 is size 46. Good job, Arbre!

Amara
  • Konnorn said:

How do you do it? I want to give myself the old weightloss new years resolution, but I have no idea how to pull it off without losing interest. <.<

There's really no golden key to it I've found.

I've lost interest in the past before, but I've reached a point where you've just had enough, you know? I got bullied all the time in middle school, and in college now I've gotten to be the, "Aww you're so cute"/friendzoned guy the whole time. It just kinda gets old. A mixture of just being tired of those things, amongst others, and actually seeing visible results is more than enough to keep me going this time.

If you're going to try it, try it with all you've got so you'll see results faster, then motivate yourself with the results. Focus on the good things like, "Oh hey, these pants fit better. That girl just gave me a compliment. I can actually walk up 5 flights of steps without being out of breath at the end." - Stuff like that.

/end soapbox
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    KonnornAmara
  • Speaking from the experience of having worked to lose and keep off 60 lbs in the past.. my top two tricks include:

+ snacking on salads during those moments when I really just want a bite to fill my tummy between meals. If I'm really needing more, I toss on more croutons or some meat. Don't fight the hunger too much because not eating puts on weight and slows metabolism even more.

+ I walk -everywhere-. Even if someone's driving, I'll opt to take the longer rout when they're dropping me off. On average, I probably walk about 3-5 miles outside of work and the gym, alone.

Just little things that don't ruin your whole day or the fun of eating a big meal. I could never outright diet, that would bore the crud out of me.

HavenAmara
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited December 2012
    Diets don't work anyway, you just have to have 'eating healthy' being your normal thing.

In regard to eating healthy, I've had success flooding things out of my diet, if you're the kind that's bad with cravings and stuff. First kill the sugar by having lots (probably too much) of fruit. Then start killing the fruit by having lots of salady bits. Long as you pack your daily eating with the good stuff, you'll find your desire for the bad stuff dwindling. Well, the cravings. Sometimes you do just sit there and go 'holy balls I want some chips and gravy' but that's natural I think. Also drink lots of water. Keep a full cup of it next to your keyboard at all times!

Also learning that it's okay to leave something on your plate is a good idea. One of the little wisdom-things that I keep in mind is, "A fat person stops eating when they are full. A healthy person stops eating when they are no longer hungry." Smaller plates and bowls are handy too!

Also also, if people are looking for a good healthy eating regime, the 'CSIRO total wellbeing diet' thing is proven by SCIENCE (the CSIRO are wayyyyy more trustworthy than some pundit on TV) and while it's not terribly cheap to eat, it's pretty great food you get to have.

OrisaeSeir
    The being sick thing helped me get over the initial hunger issues of eating less.  I also cut out fast food -entirely-, then took a look at what I was drinking: two sodas or even two Gatorades are the equivalent of a full -meal-.  Drink water always.  I can't stand drinking plain water, so I drink Propel Zero - there are a bunch of different calorie free drinks out there.

Also what Ori said - I have to drive to school, but I park in the very back when my class/work is in the front.  I've got no motivation to go to the gym and I've finally given up wasting money pretending I can do it this time, so I do small things to be better than nothing.
    Haha, I love the different visions people have of my character. \o/
    havenbanner2
  • Mio is absolutely delicious if you get tired of drinking water all the time, but it can be kinda pricey. Most stores now though are starting to have off-brands that are just as good. I know one store near me has a sweet tea kind with zero calories and all that jazz that tastes just like sweet tea.

My go-to food when I've been having a sweet tooth lately though is no doubt Greek yogurt. It takes a bit to get used to, but is awesome and full of protein.

If you're lifting weights/working out to try and drop weight, you're supposed to get uber protein.1 gram/pound of body weight is ideal. 
    Xavin
  • I've been trying to keep away from soda and such and drinking water flavored with mio. It does get a little expensive, but not so much as keeping yourself drinking cans or bottles of soda.

AldricOrisae
  • Beer. My biggest downfall and weakness. :(

Packs on them pounds.
  • Kiyotan said:
    I can envision this being good for Duiran in the long run, and I'm not just being egotistical!

POLITICS NEWS #666
    Date: 12/2/2012 at 2:55
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Election #217601 Results

Spiritwalker Angwe Arcan, a'Bainidhe has just replaced Arbre Aquila, Wolf of the Praadi as Benandanti of Duiran.

This notice was posted on the 6th of Niuran, in the year 377 MA.

Is that an omen of things to come though?!

Aha, never noticed that!
  • ...I'm going to defy everyone else and throw out love to Coke here. We only have RC Cola atm and I'm *dying* trying to write my paper...

Xavin said:
    And everything Kog says ... is true.
    Oh, no, cocaine's a great weightloss tool too, you're fine.
    AngweAmaraHavenLunaAlastair
  • With all the weight discussions, I have to toss in a LOVE for my friend who is struggling to GAIN weight. She is doing an awesome job, keeping her mood up even though she is going through a stressful time in general. It doesn't matter how much there is to do, how tired she is or how sick she feels about it all, If someone close to her is in need of support, she's always there, all smiles and hugs.

Arbre
    said:
    Oh, no, cocaine's a great weightloss tool too, you're fine.
    It's one hell of a drug, that's for sure!
    havenbanner2