Twitter

edited September 2015 in Aetolia Development
Hey folks! We made a Twitter account a while ago but we weren't doing too many updates there. We're going to be making it more active and doing micro-updates to keep you guys in the loop as I know you're all hungry for how things are coming along on various levels. Twitter's an excellent platform for quick information, even when you're not at your computer playing Aetolia and one we're definitely looking to get the most out of.

You can follow us here at: https://twitter.com/AetolianDevs

(mind the dust, as I'll be fixing it up!)
OrusMoirean

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I pretty much never use twitter, but I like the concept of updates. Any chance you guys could embed the tweet stream in a section on the main homepage?

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-timelines
    Jensen
  • I'll definitely look into it! On that same note, I encourage everyone to follow us. We'll be having some great fun down the road with Twitter for all our players. :smile:
  • edited July 2014
    We are proud to announce that we are beginning our first Twitter drawing! From now until August 1st, we will be running a promotion for players to participate in. Follow our Twitter account and retweet the following to get a chance at our first prize of the month in August: 50 bound credits! We will be running promotions like this throughout the year with new rewards each week ranging from credits and lessons to bloody iron coins and artifacts.
  • #yoloswagswerve420dank

:( I don't use twitter, but it's an interesting idea. Shall be interested to see how it plays out!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Haven
  • Followed!
    Haern
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'm sure you're aware, but you can set up cross-chat widgets to automatically post a twitter link when stuff gets posted on, say, the Aetolian tumblr page. I found that really useful back when I was actively writing my blog.
  • Moirean said:

I'm sure you're aware, but you can set up cross-chat widgets to automatically post a twitter link when stuff gets posted on, say, the Aetolian tumblr page. I found that really useful back when I was actively writing my blog.

Yeah, our forums are a little more rough around the edges (and just a little.. rough) for that, but the tumblr link would be nice to see and use!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I tweetered or whatever you crazy kids call it when you repost the thing..

#finallyconvincedmetomaketwitterathing
    IshinHaern
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Twanted?
    AarbrokHaern
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Twatted.

AarbrokIshinHaern
  • As a reminder, the drawing will be tonight shortly after the Howling. Make sure to follow up and retweet our latest message before the Howling if you haven't already! (when I get home from work--if it's a bit late, don't panic!)

Also, as a side note, I noticed that some people were just copying and pasting what I posted and then you posted it yourself. Glance over this for a guide on how to retweet!
    RiluoMelantha
  • edited August 2014
    @Haern Very useful, thank you. I just hit the retweet button. Didn't know I had other options.

EDIT: Oh, you meant just copying and pasting the link into a tweet? I feel silly, then. Re-retweeted.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • Melantha said:

@Haern Very useful, thank you. I just hit the retweet button. Didn't know I had other options.

Yeah, I just want to make sure everyone is kinda on the same page and not going, "but heeeey, I did this thing!" No worries!
  • @Haern So you're saying "Auto retweet = bad. Manual retweet = good"? Because I can and will use ellipses to snip a tweet excerpt and retweet that with comments. But text speak is actively painful for me to write, if only from the teeth clenching.
    ~~

~~
  • Nah, you're fine. I was referring to people not retweeting at all. :)
  • Oh. Well, that's okay, then. Thanks again.
    ~~

~~
  • And our next Twitter drawing has begun! It'll end on August 8th, so act quickly. :)
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Well that actually answers the question I was going to msg you earlier, @Haern, but couldn't cause muted >.> So we just manually retweet with our comments and stuff, and that'll get us entered into the contest?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Yeah, that should be totally fine. I'm liking all the responses I'm seeing!
  • Only a few hours left till our drawing! Be sure to retweet and reply to our question to be entered!
  • How does one use twitter, and no this is not a joke.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Gwenith
  • edited August 2014
    In celebration of the upcoming Great Hunt, our next drawing will reward one lucky players with a bag of chocolates and a chalice. Retweet the aforementioned that was posted and you'll be entered to win!
  • This week, we will be doing some extra drawings for a chance at some compendium pages (Tcanna among them!) and some other surprises for our players who participate. Make sure to check in each day, as we'll also be posting tidbits of information and bites of updates for players to enjoy.
  • Check out our Twitter (https://twitter.com/AetolianDevs) for a day of ylem mine previews and be sure to ask us questions! (yes, they are coming)
    Alexina
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I really like how awesome this Twitter thing is.

/thumbs up
  • And, as a reminder, our next daily drawing has begun! I may also be teasing some new details in addition to further tidbits on the ylem mines. :smile:
  • See, I read it and didn't think it was a tease, but rather that something new got released! Boo! But yay! I am torn!
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Our final Twitter drawing for the month will be ending on September 1st around Howling. Be sure to enter to win..

Win what, you ask?

A rune of cutting or rune of bludgeoning! OH WOW WAY COOL WOW

Aarbrok