Serenity System

2»

Comments

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Yeap! Those of you who've already bought the system received it already.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Alice
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    After feedback received, I'm going to go ahead and purchase an SSL certificate for redmine.pharanyx.com, so should you wish to take advantage of this, simply update your bookmark to https://redmine.pharanyx.com - It will not be enabled for a few days, however.
    Ashmer
    Just a heads up. I'm transfering registrar right now, so pharanyx.com may be down for a few hours while the DNS propogates.
    Alright, update is up. We're now on version 0.99. Lots and lots of bug fixes in this and while I am sure some of you might have enjoyed it, you'll no longer attempt to eat my foot.

If there's any issues, please message me directly rather than bug report. Thanks.
    AliceAshmer
    Indorani & Shaman Defenses

Shaman & Indorani defenses are now implemented. I left the version as 0.99, as this isn't actually a version update.

(Serenity System): @Yarel says, "@Omei hit me with 20 affs at once, and did over 6k damage, and I survived. Serenity healed me out of it."

Just sayin'.

SheirosiaOmei
  • Can't heal me out of fighting a damned Indorani though. :P
    AshmerTrager
    I have one niggling bug to fix against Sun I keep seeing, but the rest is all you bb. You got dis.

• I got yelled at by @auresae for dying too much is what I got, haha.

I will figure you Indorani bastards out.
    Pretty substantial update has been uploaded. Please do consider this a testing release and as such, it is strongly advised that you keep your existing profile and create an entirely new one for 1.0-test2.

If there are any issues, can you please message me directly rather than filing a bug report.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Monk defenses are about halfway in, I'll likely be able to finish them tonight.

I'm looking for a Sciomancer, Ascendril, and Cabalist to volunteer for unpaid slave labor to assist me in building the defenses for those classes. The hours are long, and low morale will result in beatings. Please message me in-game if you are interested.

• A sciomancer, ascendril and cabalist walk into a bar..
    Ashmer
    We're about to hit bug number 200. While this might seem bad, rest assured, a -lot- of these have been squished and a lot are simply feature requests.

In short, we're doing a really good job in addressing such reports.

Serenity4lyfe!
    IshinAshmer
    Just to note, the DNS move has finally gone through. Everything should be fine and good, but if there are any issues (Missing subdomains, etc) please poke me hard in the chest.

Thanks.
    Ok, so I derped a little. The entire server might be offline for a few hours. You can check updates here: http://whois.domaintools.com/pharanyx.com

(Once the 'nameserver' section shows 'gandi.net', things are complete).
    And done.

Also, update available. XML changes again, so please delete/create a profile for it.

Every class is now supported by the auto-defense script. You'll need to manually channel elements (or cast Simultaneity) for Ascendril and Sciomancer, and manually put Spheres up (it's built into the channel functions), but after that, everyone will now defup just fine.

There is still a hole in the Sentinel defup that I need to fill because the person I used to build it isn't fully trans, and the Carnifex defup needs a few fixes. I'll be putting those in this week while I work on the curing overhaul.

These classes will be supported in version 1.0 when it goes live.

Large update is in. We're still on 1.0-testing, so please message me directly rather than file a bug report.

Thanks.
    Hey guys!

So, @Sheirosia had some personal things to deal with and won't be on the development team for Serenity in the future. Unfortunately, he also had to take the server down, so there'll be a brief interruption in service while I get my own server up and running. Everyone who's already bought a system should still be able to use it, as that part of things is still active.

This also, unfortunately, means that our records of the feature requests and bug reports were lost. I'll be setting up a new system for tracking those when the new server is live.

I appreciate your patience and how great everyone's been about it this week while I get things fully in my hands. It shouldn't be long until we're moving full tilt again.

While the server's down I'll be locking in the bugs and features I'm working on - notable projects are going to include a revamp of most of the curing, and setting the defense scripts to read GMCP for skills before trying actions.

Please keep a personal file of any bug reports and feature requests, and I'll do a call for those when the new server is online.

Thanks!

edited July 2014
    Okay! I have a server up and running. The last step is to get a domain registered and the new website online, which should be tomorrow or the next day. I appreciate your patience in the transition!

Edited to add: I'll be using this thread for news posts from now on, with the Redmine application down.

Trager
    Serenity is no longer an interest to me, and given all payments for my code have ceased for an unknown reason, I can support it no longer.

Bottom line: I'll be sure to code with people that are actually trustworthy in future.
    AshmerJensenArekaErzsebet
    Further, I'll be making the source for Serenity available publicly in a few hours. Enjoy!
    AshmerJensenAreka
    @Sheirosia:

That's unfortunate, sad, insulting, and honestly degrading.

This is my only reply to your post: you haven't been in communication with me since you left, and I've done all I can with the half-way set up I had to continue distributing the system. We knew you were going to be leaving, and I arranged the financials with you ahead of time. You have no ground for publically slandering me and my integrity with the service I've been providing. We have no formal contract beyond the understanding we developed over months of work together on this damn thing. You counted on me to represent the system to the public and the current user-base, and that is exactly what I've done since you left.

This is completely unnecessary, considering you could have just as easily used the same number of keystrokes you used on these posts and what you've said on public clans to Skype me and resolve this with me. It's a total violation of my trust for you as a partner and friend.

You left suddenly last Tuesday morning, and last Thursday disconnected the server with no warning and without talking with me, after I offered to pay the premium on it for at least a few months while we transition. It's not okay to say you'll be homeless until December, leave me without support, and then say I'm untrustworthy when I continue work on the system. I've sold one system since you left, and kept the entire revenue to pay for set-up fees for the new server and domain register, as well as to pay someone to do that work for me, since I personally have no idea how. I've even begun hiring people to do API and documentation, to make the system more available to people.

I would have happily paid you for your code, and I haven't released the source to anyone. It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to pay me the same respect.

That said, I will hopefully still be able to provide updates for Serenity. Most Aetolians have some sense of respect and dignity when it comes to dealing with members of our community, and I'm hoping that will provide enough of a base to continue what we've been doing. If not, so be it.

Martin: You're a jerk and what you've done here really sucks.

I'd do a meme, but you know how it is.

AarbrokArekaAkaryuterraTragerPiper
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    This is why we can't have nice things
    GwenithAarbrokTragerSlypheOmei
    Dude, you've been witholding payments since day one. Enough said.
    AshmerAreka
    edited August 2014
    Sheirosia said:

Dude, you've been witholding payments since day one. Enough said.

That's untrue. You've got no grounds for that accusation, considering you've got a list of our users and a record of our transactions.

Edited to add: I've made damn sure you got half of the credit purchases. I was even the one that made sure we were settled on Paypal balance after you borrowed my half of a system we sold last month.

edited August 2014
    The messages I have in my inbox dictate otherwise. Your call.
    Either way, I'm done at this stage. You've been called out and have responded with nothing more than, 'You're a jerk'.
    At the end of the day, this was MY SYSTEM. Hell, you didn't even know what a Lua table was before I taught you.

[Link redacted -- Oleis]

Just waiting on DNS to propogate then you guys can have at it. (Give it a few hours).
    AshmerAreka
    Quote: You left suddenly last Tuesday morning, and last Thursday disconnected the server with no warning and without talking with me.

Not only were you fully aware of the situation, my rebuttal at this stage would be: Did you contact me? You've had my details for a long time now. No, you never. You just took my inactivity as a reason to push me further into the shit when you knew I needed it most.

I do have to say at this stage: I have been providing server access to multiple people for numerous services for -years- and NEVER have I encountered an issue like this before. Ever.

Either way... We need to cease communication at this stage. Sure, it was nice working with you. You know how much I love teaching people to code and I really did enjoy it, but things have definitely progressed to the stage where any further communication is simply not warranting.

It is my wish at this stage that Serenity can progress into a high quality public system which is what I will strive to attain at this stage given recent information and progressions.
    Ashmer
    edited August 2014
    Sheirosia said:

The messages I have in my inbox dictate otherwise. Your call.
    Either way, I'm done at this stage. You've been called out and have responded with nothing more than, 'You're a jerk'.
    At the end of the day, this was MY SYSTEM. Hell, you didn't even know what a Lua table was before I taught you.

1) What the hell do you mean by "your call?" You haven't come to me about this besides these posts and calling me all kinds of fun things over public clans.

2) I've responded with a hell of a lot more than "you're a jerk."

3) No, this was OUR SYSTEM:

Sheirosia:
    Distribution
    User Interface
    Player Database
    Genrunner

Ashmer:
    Curing
    Defense Scripting
    Class-specific Handling
    Offensive Modules
    Public Relations
    Documentation
    Sheirosia said:

It is my wish at this stage that Serenity can progress into a high quality public system which is what I will strive to attain at this stage given recent information and progressions.

You'll keep the curing and defense scripting updated, then?

Edit: To fix the lists. Vanillaforums no tab spacing.

Another edit: Forgot to add something to the lists.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal

We're done here. Fight it out over email or something if you have to. Public opinion will do what it does best. 

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SheirosiaAshmerJensen
This discussion has been closed.