What would you like to see in GMCP?

Comments

• @Oleis‌

Right now gmcp.Chars.Vitals.balance and equilibrium do not update when blacked out. This shouldn't be the case, because we do get the recovered balance/equilibrium messages. Thanks!
    Trager
  • Lim said:

@Oleis‌

Right now gmcp.Chars.Vitals.balance and equilibrium do not update when blacked out. This shouldn't be the case, because we do get the recovered balance/equilibrium messages. Thanks!

Think Lim meant for ALL balances to show on gmcp, eg eating, focus etc etc somehow its all gaged from gmcp while in blackout :/ or blackout is blocking the update gmcp being sent ..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Yeah, there are probably others that shouldn't be gagged. Balance and eq are only the ones I tested and know for sure. If they appear visible to us even when blackout is in progress, then gmcp should be updating. Right now, they're not. 

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Is there any way we could get a table for racial skills in the GMCP skills table?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinTrager
  • @Oleis can we get PACKS added in the gmcp.comm ? at moment its not :/
    Ishin
  • Emotes and I'll love you forever. I've a chat capture window. It catches Emotes based on color, but emotes starting with speech don't get sent, and I catch the rare random junk. For the most part not that big a deal, but if it get's running right, I'll add the code to Scripts thread for cmud and mudbot.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Is there a gmcp.Char.death event or something? >_> And if not, can there be?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • can murmurs be picked up in GMCP?

Politics
  • @Oleis is this topic still going?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Entourage would be very helpful,both for loyals and for people.
    Ishin
  • Where can I learn what GMCP even is?
  • edited September 2014
    GMCP (General MUD Communication Protocol) is a method for the game to communicate with a client (as is suggested by the name). Basically, the client sends packets of specific data to the game, and the game responds with specific packets of data and data subsets. The specific types of data subsets available, the requirements to view them, and how the client and the game communicate for IRE can be viewed here with a bit more about how the specific communication happens here.

I'm sure someone else has a more eloquent explanation, but that's the gist of it. Most modern clients (Cmud, Mudlet, Mush) allow you to store the data subsets in variables, either client generated or made by you. Even more, Mudlet allows you to trigger of GMCP events (such as gmcp.Char.Vitals) so that when the game sends a new value to the client, it can run a script. Cmud allows you to store the variables through its settings, and then trigger off them.

So! GMCP, really, is versatile and allows for a HUGE amount of information to be parsed without requiring any specific triggers, aliases, or the such. GMCP, really, is what allows so many clients and systems to run as lightning fast as they do.

Edit - Forgot to mention: GMCP is not Unique to IRE. Many, if not most, MUDs nowadays use it as the data subsets can be defined by the MUD, rather than being pre-defined like with MXP.
    MoireanAshmerSarkis
    Day/night
    Time of day (dusk, dawn, etc)
    IG day, month, year
    Info that's displayed in CURRENCY

Ishin
  • Add something in gmcp.Char.Status that declares whether you are dead or not. For undead and Living this is pretty easy, if hp == 0 then you dead. For vampires, we don't hit 0 hp, and when we earthmeld/diffuse we start regening hit points even though we're dead, so we can't track it like that. Triggers are susceptible to illusions and illusions like that are pretty effing lame, but people will still do it.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Moirean
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited February 2015
    For the mean time, using a trigger just have it evaluate health.

You have been slain by x.
    You are dead and cannot do that.

If HP <= 1 and undead then aff_death
    else if HP <= 0 then aff_death end.

But yeah, I agree. A gmcp for death would be great. 

Edit: Vampires drop to 1 HP on death right? Been a while since I played one.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    And what about if they are a Cabalist with link?
    Draiman
  • Draiman said:

and when we earthmeld/diffuse we start regening hit points even though we're dead, so we can't track it like that. .

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Moirean
  • edited February 2015
    how about decay rates? I wouldn't mind being able to set up some sort of trigger that lets me know if my gauntlet, or my clothes or something is about to decay based on a scan that occurs twice, once upon login, and once upon the 1st of each IG month, without having to spam my screen.
  • @Keroc @Oleis

Is this topic still active for us to post our GMCP requests in? Or should we wait for the next liaison round. As over past few day's I've thought of around 4/5.
  • I'd like to see the IG date implemented into gmcp.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited September 2015
    Nalor said:

@Keroc @Oleis

Is this topic still active for us to post our GMCP requests in? Or should we wait for the next liaison round. As over past few day's I've thought of around 4/5.

If you want to throw your ideas into the ring, please do! No guarantee that it'll happen though.
  • @keroc I was thinking since gmcp.Room.Info.detail is now showing indoors/outdoors and it's made into a table.

Can it also show things like if a room is flooded/watery, Sand flood, overgrowth etc? So can easier code for Teradrim, Croc shapeshifter and shaman skills (can't remember off top of my head but them 3 stand out)
    Nalor said:

@keroc I was thinking since gmcp.Room.Info.detail is now showing indoors/outdoors and it's made into a table.

Can it also show things like if a room is flooded/watery, Sand flood, overgrowth etc? So can easier code for Teradrim, Croc shapeshifter and shaman skills (can't remember off top of my head but them 3 stand out)

I've added these.
    DrahkunaAshmer
  • oh awesome thanks @Keroc I'll post the others when I next login as need to double check the gmcp stuff
  • Can we get angel health (angel touch) and our own soul (soul gaze) into gmcp? I know we get our own soul in gmcp but not the one to use skills like essence.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I'd like to know just to what extend we should be relying on GMCP? It seems that with each new gmcp addition, it definitely just leans towards more and more automation than anything else, and effectively lowers any human interaction. IE, indoors/outdoors, where there was a very real 'oh shit' factor if you got caught indoors, and had to figure out another escape plan when you realized leap wasn't happening. Now, it seems I can just code that in automatically.

TLDR; Where's the absolute limit of what gmcp should provide the average player in regards to information retrievable from the game. Is there an end-state? Is there a 'only quality of life stuff' limit? It seems a little mind-blowing to continue to add numbers you can pull at any time, just from using a single skill?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

I'm only putting in the very basics, the kind of stuff I personally wouldn't want to deal with if I wanted to code myself a system. If I feel it asks too much in the way of automation, I probably won't do it.

Indoors/outdoors probably isn't a good example, as it's not as if leap has a failure cost when you attempt to use it indoors. You still have to figure out how you're going to escape however, which is where human interaction becomes a requirement.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Trager said:

I'd like to know just to what extend we should be relying on GMCP? It seems that with each new gmcp addition, it definitely just leans towards more and more automation than anything else, and effectively lowers any human interaction. IE, indoors/outdoors, where there was a very real 'oh shit' factor if you got caught indoors, and had to figure out another escape plan when you realized leap wasn't happening. Now, it seems I can just code that in automatically.

This has been possible since the days we were all using old pirated versions of Zmud. It's just being made more user-friendly.
  • It's why I mentioned the soul gazed to defup like you can with essence/devotion etc as the only soul you seem to get is the one which is drained from you by someone attacking you..

Which personally I'd prefer to track then have it in gmcp/prompt, the one needed for skills/defup is more important.
  • This is totally random but thought to ask,

Can we get like a

gmcp.Char.Tattoos = {head = "moss", torso = "boar", rightarm = "cloak" } etc?

To kepe track of what tattoos we currently have on us
    Veovis