Did You Know?

123457»

Comments

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    Did he name the guitar "Gibert" ?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited July 2014
    1 Aetolian Day = 1 Real Life Hour.

For every second that passes in the real world, 24 seconds pass in Aetolia.

Those 5-10 minute fights? 2-4 Aetolian hours of grueling, brutal bone crushing, blood spilling agony. Mind Blown.

Edit: @Xarian, thank you for helping me math this out!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Emelle
  • @Haven, I actually try not to think about how time passes in Aetolia too much. Things get too weird if you do. Conversations would literally go on for hours and hours, but less would get said than a 5 minute conversation in our own world. A fetus would develop so fast it would be like the xenomorph from aliens with it's rate of growth. People would have sex for days on end without eating or drinking (or chafing). I generally just don't pay too much attention to it in Aetolia, always seems like there are too many pitfalls if you do.
    IshinEmelleAngwe
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    rp lasts days,
  • Jensen said:

rp lasts days,

Especially THAT kind of RP. Half of the population should have seen a doctor by now.
    IshinTragerAryanneEmelleEllianaChai
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    One of the unlisted powers of being an endgame is having very resilient membranes.

IshinAryanneAngweSarkis
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Good thing there are no disclaimers about...4 hours worth of...pill usage.

However if you put it into perspective how the conversations tend to go. The half minute or so pause between emotes or responses. Yeah, 10 minutes of sitting there staring off into space.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Well, we're basically immortal. Don't all the sci-fi/fantasy books go on about how the immortals view a year as a simple eyeblink? Ian M Banks' (RIP :( )The Algebraist's gas giants dwellers are a pretty awesome example of this sort of relative view of time, where conversations between them can span centuries because they are tens of thousands of years old.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Moirean - Ents too!!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanStathanDamarielAryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Haern said:

Jensen said:

rp lasts days,

Especially THAT kind of RP. Half of the population should have seen a doctor by now.
    Only half?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
  • bump 'cause I wanna see more in this one, in spite of the new thread.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Try using _tailoring, _forging, _cooking, etc. when searching for items via WARES or DIRECTORY.
    NiaZaila
  • Aetolia used to have (probably still has, in a defunct state) a quasi-organisation called the Midnight Society, which as far as I could tell was simply a collective of admin-chosen players who would share opinions and suggestions for the game's overarching direction and development.
    EmelleRunasNiaXandren
  • You can actually take a pair of spectacles/glasses and enchant 'em with Allsight.

This still tickles me to no end.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Xenia