Mafia: Riots in the streets of Enorian!

Comments

• edited July 2014
    It's not even an argument, really. It's just the facts. If you kill me off, you lose Moirean in the night round because why wouldn't they kill the person taking charge and you're down to 10 people total. Vanguard and Herald down, you'll be left with the KM to check people. If (s)he is lucky and gets a big bad during the night round, hooray, you might have a chance. Otherwise, the odds become bad pretty quick. Killing me is ultimately a waste of a round, unless you're of the mind that less civilians means a higher chance to lucky lynch a big bad. Up to you!

edit: posted twice because I'm amazing at forums.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    As a note, Slyphe will be (potentially) brought in to the conversation after I die to serve as a mouthpiece for the investigator. I'm leaving that up to the investigator to decide. If that person suddenly drops in the next night round you have a pretty clear target.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I'm not sure either really, I am only going by the evidence of silence, I think we are all in the same boat generally, now Parker is speaking, but we are at an juncture where we make a judgement or sit in a worse position, we have to hope we are making the right choice.

If I can get evidence that is solid away from the general populations vote, I will gladly support it, but for now I have to go with the mob mentality here.
  • @Aren, I can't quite place a finger on it, to be honest, and could be that I'm taking his usual flare for words and reading too much into it. I guess his whole, I hope that it's not a mistake, and the way he said it sort of made me think it sounded scummy.

For now my vote remains on Aarbrok. I know there isn't much to go on, and in part I just want to point the gun somewhere else to get reactions because the idea of losing 2 civs by day 3 makes me concerned so if we can generate more conversation, I think that's better.

*sadface*

First you leave me for Duiran, now you point fingers at me. You are doing nothing different than we all are though Xenia, so I don't hold it against you, I really wish we had like a sniffer or something so we could get solid evidence.

Or was the sniffer the one who already died... D:
  • I feel like because Parker has said she is a civilian (which anyone can do) you: @Xenia, got a little freaked out and decided you didn't want to be on that train so later you can say you were never on it just in case. That's more suspicious to me than Aarbrok doing the same thing everyone else is doing and trying to end the round so we can move on and get more clues.
  • Drunk..dontcare vote parker. traingooooo

XeniaTrager
  • I'm just a cautious player. Anyway, I think the votes are set anyway. #noregrets

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    "There must be justice! Who killed our heavily-artied Vanguard! They were... heavily artied!" cries a citizen, waving a torch around. "I heard that Damariel guy is pretty shady," another comments. "Well, I'm going to go with whatever the Herald said!" shouts yet another. A chorus of agreement rings out from the growing mob as they turn to Parker. Shrugging, she says in her defense, "Hey, I'm innocent, but if they can get the Vanguard, we're screwed anyways."

The mob quickly strings up Parker and leaves her hanging from a tree limb while they march towards her house. Ransacking the place reveals nothing but some fresh produce, a few poems, and a half-finished stitchwork project that would have been lovely had it been completed. "Dang, I guess she was telling the truth," says one of the lynchers with a heavy sigh.

Votes:

Damariel: Slyphe (1)
    Parker: Moirean, Alee, Aren, Aarbrok, Herald, Damariel, Damonicus (7)
    Aarbrok: Xenia (1)

Parker has been lynched!

She was a Citizen

It is now Night 2
    The sun rises once more and the citizens of Enorian file out of the homes and into Four Corners. Eyes shift uneasily and the silence is long until someone finally pipes up, "So, uh, who wants to go check Moirean's home?" Scattered mumbling can be heard throughout the crowd and everyone just shrugs. "Screw it, lets riot!" someone shouts and a chorus of cheers follows while the citizenry starts to smash signs and torch thatched roofs.

Moirean has been assassinated during the night!

She was the Herald

It is now Day 3

6 votes are needed for a lynch.
  • Slyphe jumped on me at the first possible reasoning, and he knows enough about mafia to know that getting caught on trains is a number one predictor for scum behavior. Given his poor, hasty reasoning and the fact that his entire approach seemed clumsy, I would like to point a finger of suspicion at my Brother here. No vote yet. Just a suggestion that maybe he deserves some suspicion.
  • Yeah, no. He's the closest thing to a confirmed civilian that we have right now.

Vote: Damariel

• Wooooooww - I talk too much and get called mafia... I spend a weekend being busy (give me that it doesn't happen very often -_-) and a monday at the gym and suddenly I'm a bad guy. Geeze.

So anyway I don't really know who to vote for at the moment as due to lack of round 1 lynching and Moirean's stupid roleclaim that led to her death we do not have all that much information to go on.

Maybe Damariel?
  • @Ilyon: He is not confirmed civilian. There is a remote chance that he's our Grand Poohbah. The fact that it is a remote chance is the reason that I did not vote for him yet.
  • My suspicions fall with Damariel and Ilyon at the moment for a number of small things but I lack solid evidence. I will say that Moirean said before the night round started that if the investigator died next that Slyphe was probably the Poohbah so we do have that to go by at least.
  • Alright, so we have 3 Enorians and a Haven trying to kill one of them, and then we have the remaining 3 Instigators. That's a lynch or lose situation and if we lynch wrong, we'll lose as well.

So my plea is to not be so quick to jump on trains folks, we need to really force people to speak and have to deduce without solid evidence.

Moirean did the best she could, perhaps was a bit too quick to utilize that harold vote, but was just taking a blind shot.

Since all our shots are blind, may as well be cautious about being so quick to vote because well, like I said, a bad vote will lose the town the game.

That being said, my money and gut are still on @Aarbrok.

Vote: Aarbrok

• Yeah, I'm still very, very leery of @Damariel here. That last vote on Parker was something done hastily when it was getting close to the line, and was made with no other backing than, "I'm going to go with Moirean here."

This paints him to look quite fine like he's falling in line with Moirean, but I see it as more of a, "Okay, she's a civilian, I'm going to jump this vote quick so we get another night round quickly."

Vote: @Damariel

You know, Xenia seems suspicious to me in her methods of choosing me directly with nothing more than her gut. This is not blind, it is more a calculated action and that makes me more uncomfortable than a train being started. I am not sure why I have been chosen, nor is she based on what she is saying publicly, so I will retaliate with equal suspicions that Xenia may be operating with a plan, and it is a plan that I am finding to be more nefarious as it is directed at me.

VOTE: @Xenia‌
    Trager
  • I feel like Xenia is innocent... while I am suspicious of Aarbrok. Slyphe does bring up a valid point about the last day's lynch round... with that in mind I believe my vote will follow the same.

Vote: Damariel
  • I'm the other way here, I feel like Xenia has something to hide while Aarbrok isn't on my radar as much. Damariel and Ilyon have also been rubbing me the wrong way.

That Damariel is so dedicated to going after Slyphe even when he's confirmed innocent is strange to me. Sure he could be Grand poobah, but there are

Ilyon has been 'around' but didn't vote in the day round and was very quick to jump on Damariel, which (if Slyphe is grand poobah) would make sense if he's an assassin. So...

Vote: Ilyon
  • Dunno why it cut me off in the middle there.

That Damariel is so dedicated to going after Slyphe even when he's confirmed innocent is strange to me. Sure he could be Grand poobah, but there are others who aren't confirmed innocent at all and should be considered.
  • @Slyphe: Yes. I felt that until Moirean was dead, our ability to gather useful information would be limited. I've explained this. You have yet to rebut it. I want you to acknowledge the fact that Moirean's gambit, although perfectly reasonable given the context, limited the town's ability to gather information.

Whether or not we waited on that day round, it didn't matter. This is the first round we have where the information we are creating is untainted by the ability to fall in line with a 'reliable' authority. I was eager to get to it because the usefulness of round two was limited, from a broader standpoint.

I actually explained all of this the round before. It's shocking to me that I have to keep repeating myself.

Personally, I'm leery of Alee and Slyphe right now. To a lesser degree Aarbrok; but that's only because Alee specifically pointed to Aarbrok. It's a tactic I've used myself when I was scum - pointing the finger of suspicion at one of your own so that when you get killed, they're legitimized.
  • Addendum: If Slyphe is the Poohbah, why the heck would he incriminate himself by killing the investigator in the next round? He knows that if the investigator shows up dead he's next. I'd wait a round or two at least, make it look like coincidence - or alternatively get the investigator lynched in the day round somehow.

Moreover, Slyphe has been very quick to accuse me in the last two rounds, and his reasoning basically boils down to (once you cut away the dross) 'because he's being loud.' Hence, I am suspicious of Slyphe because he is going after me as an easy target without proper justification. I mean... of course I'm going to talk. Talking is one of the main weapons you have in this game.
    Xenia
    Current Voting:

Damariel: Ilyon, Slyphe, Alee (3)
    Aarbrok: Xenia (1)
    Xenia: Aarbrok (1)
    Ilyon: Aren (1)

6 votes are needed for a lynch.
  • I should note, by the by, that @Xenia was confirmed as an innocent last night.

... well this tosses a wrench in the old gears then.

UNVOTE: Xenia

There is evidence now...well at least someone speaking up on behalf of another and thats more than we are getting from other avenues. I still do not know why she is targetting me, but Slyphe has not been confirmed or suspected to be a bad guy either so I am going to have to go with my gut.

I guess I will go with his word, since he is making the best case for innocence and guilt.

VOTE: Damariel

• Vote: Damariel

With Slyphe and Xenia as our two only real...exposed lifers, I'm not interested in rocking the boat and potentially getting myself offed. Though I do think Damariel is acting a little oddly, he's also being really loud. Maybe he's hiding in the noise, or maybe the innocent vibe I get off of him is real. Time'll tell?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited July 2014
    I'm not surprised that Xenia was confirmed as innocent - I've been saying since the first round that her and Toz are very likely innocent due to their honest mistake with the number of bad guys. Since it looks like the pendulum is swinging back toward me because I'm actually discussing things in an up-front, direct manner -

I'm suspicious of Aarbrok, Alee, and Slyphe.

I've given my reasons for Slyphe. Let me elaborate on Aarbrok and Alee.

Aarbrok and Alee have been very quiet from the word go - in those posts that they have made, they have given very minimal reasoning for the votes they've been making, and despite expressing that she is suspicious of Aarbrok - much as I am! - she proceeded to vote for me anyway. Like Slyphe, she is unable to give a valid reason for wanting me lynched.

This leads me to believe - and I'm repeating myself yet again by saying this - that she is using the scum tactic of expressing suspicion for Aarbrok so that, if she is killed, she makes him look innocent. If he dies, she's vindicated and protected from further criticism. I don't know why it is that this, specifically, caught my eye, but I'm EDIT: suspicious of it by gut instinct.

Similarly, Aarbrok was voting for Xenia - who I believe to be innocent - and relented only when Slyphe explicitly said that she was.

More thoughts on Slyphe - if he is the Grand Poohbah, there is no way we can know for sure. Investigation will turn up nothing on him. What I do know is that there's no real way to contradict what he's saying about the investigator's results. If the investigator contradicts him by roleclaiming, they are dead in the next night round.

Therefore, whatever Slyphe is saying about who's innocent or guilty, we can't confirm it until he names someone allegedly guilty and we lynch them and find that they are, in fact guilty. At present, Slyphe is the one holding the cards - he can name any name he wants and say anything about them he wants during the day round, and there is no one with the information EDIT: and/or the protection to explicitly contradict him. EDIT: And okay, sure, maybe this is something our investigator is willing to do - but it's still a loss for the town, since without our investigator, the surviving scum might as well be Grand Poohbahs for all we can reliably detect them. We don't have any other special roles, whereas they can kill us every night.

Is it possible that he'd be willing to throw one of his co-conspirators under the bus to give himself an ironclad alibi? Maybe. I've done in it past rounds when I was playing scum. But I think a confirmed guilty kill would go miles toward allaying my suspicion of him and his motives. EDIT: If he's playing Grand Poohbah, though, it's possible he may stretch things out until we're in a lynch-or-lose situation, and feed us a fake name to ensure a win.

I'm not going after Slyphe specifically. I'm only analyzing him and his behavior because he initially voted for me on very shaky reasoning. If any of you have any actual rebuttals to what I'm saying or the reasons I'm giving, then please. I'd love to hear them. But I categorically refuse to be lynched because of laziness and because I have the audacity to speak up in a game where speaking up is essential to the town's survival and victory.
  • I genuinely do not know who to vote for.

I can't really go along with Damariel's logic entirely but Slyphe doesn't seem like the best lead to follow either.

I don't feel like Alee is a bad guy at all.

It's a toss up for me for Aarbrok and Damariel to vote for.

Leaning more towards Aarbrok at the moment, something is not right.

Vote: Aarbrok

I don't know how to reliably use these forums to make text do things -_-
  • Vote: Aarbrok

For the reasons I gave above. I feel like I might be dead once I go to sleep, and I don't want to die without having clearly expressed an accusation toward someone I genuinely believe to be one of the bad guys.