GMCP.Afflictions.list

Looking over the free Mudlet systems available for Aetolia, Imperian and Achaea, I noticed no one's using gmcp.Afflictions.list to cure from (not even sure that the Afflictions.list table is made available in the other IRE games, now that I think about it). Seems a lot quicker and more efficient than updating a table on a trigger pattern. I understand hidden afflictions don't register to it, but is there something more?

Comments

• I'm only avoiding it right now because of the hidden afflictions thing. Haven't worked out the logic to put the two together that colored config affliction_view on and a little logic won't do better.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Drahkuna
  • I was planning on using gmcp.Afflictions.List for my curing system when I get around to writing it, so there will be an example then.
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    It's broken and wholly unreliable.
    Drahkuna
  • Sheirosia said:

It's broken and wholly unreliable.

Ah that sucks, in theory it'd be reliable because they'd be generating it directly from game state.
    DrahkunaSheirosia
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Yeah, in an ideal world, it would be awesome. Soon(tm) I guess?
  • Really sucks. It looks like the event fires before the affliction line even arrives.
  • Mordocai said:

I was planning on using gmcp.Afflictions.List for my curing system when I get around to writing it, so there will be an example then.

After doing a few hours of testing earlier, I think it only updates when you DIAGNOSE it doesn't update when you're afflicted with an affliction from the "You are afflicted with x" line.. I messaged an @admin but no reply of yet to see that is the case..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • So it's finally come through. I've got it implemented on Oasis 0.1 so far, and it makes for a pretty noticeable improvement in speed.
  • Big props to the admins on this. I was so excited I sent a sappy message to Oleis. Was totally unrequited, though. :(
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Will worship anyone as a god who manages to create a full system utilizing GMCP afflictions/server-side curing :(
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Irae said:

Will worship anyone as a god who manages to create a full system utilizing GMCP afflictions/server-side curing :(

I know that @Riluo uses firstaid and does -very- well with it, if that's what you're talking about. Setting up Firstaid's priorities isn't too hard, but it's probably just a little time-consuming at first to get everything sorted. You could possibly try messaging him for advice or something if you want to go that route.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    IraeDrahkuna