Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You're posting explicitly singling someone out to rage about her and her creative attempts. You might be randomly pissed off by it, but that doesn't justify you being a mean person. If this were me and I came here and read someone raging about a creative choice I made, I'd feel really hurt. So, yeah, I'm going to chime in expressing how I don't think it was a super "wrong" RP thing.
    ErzsebetIngramDemarcus
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited July 2014
    @Moirean Until you started poking at it, the comment was fairly vague. My being pissed off at it isn't random--in fact, I've pretty thoroughly explained why I think it's stupid. I -don't- think it's a valid RP choice. Especially standalone like it is.

And I'm hardly being mean, I didn't go '@person, your RP sucks, fix it.' Frankly, not everyone takes things as personally as you do when it isn't personal. This -concept- annoys me. Expressing that doesn't somehow equate to 'This player is the most horrible thing to happen to this game since oldVarian because she does this', she's not--and criticism isn't inherently mean or bad either. Some of us just take it better than others.
    imageimage
    AryanneMephistoles
  • edited July 2014
    If you're really so up in arms about people replying to your RAGE posts I'd highly suggest refusing to respond to them and thus feeding the fire by enabling others to, you guessed it, continue responding.

It's quite a well-known fact that posts within this thread tend to evolve into discussions more often than not. Sometimes they're productive. Sometimes they're enlightening. Sometimes they're just ridiculous and we shut them down.

Snappy attitudes towards fellow players for commenting on issues on an open forum tend to do little for the already-somewhat-hostile nature of the forums in general.

TragerPeriluna
  • @Erzsebet, as someone who's played a Teradrim for a long, long time, the emote strikes me as a little too "I can control the world at my fingertips". It seemed too complex and too effortless. I tend not to like stuff like that. I also tend to not like aliased emotes that are used like premotes. That's just my personal opinion.

@Moirean, I think we should all be mature enough to take criticism with regards to RP. Criticism isn't necessarily a bad thing after all.
    ErzsebetAryanneStathanArekaTeaniIshin
    Nod. Wouldn't you need to do constant magic maintenance on a chair like that, if indeed it was possible at all?

I'd question the world-at-fingertips thing far less if it was in a haven, as @Rashar mentioned before. That's entirely a different ballgame.
    imageimage
    Criticism is fine - that's why the self-aff threads exist. Unsolicited ranting and insults are not and only create a hostile and unwelcoming community.
    Ingram
  • Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this entire thread unsolicited ranting about what happens in the game?
    AryanneNolaErzsebetTeaniRivasIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I will take payments to rage on others behalf. Half price deal for the next week to get things started.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    HavenTeaniCarivah
  • START THE DAMN DOTA CAST ALREADY.

Politics
    Directing it at specific people is uncool. I can't believe I'm having to argue that we shouldn't be jerks and shouldn't insult people.
    OmeiIngramDemarcus
    edited July 2014
    Except I'm not interested in posting on her self-aff, if she has one. As I have nothing positive to say, I'm not going to go post on her aff with only negatives. Particularly when my opinion won't change hers.

This was a simple rage, posted -here- for a simple reason. It pisses me off. My initial post wasn't ranting.

ETA: I'm also not insulting her. Nor have I named her. I think this line of RP is stupid and that's what I said-- I've never said that she's an idiot for choosing to do it.
    imageimage
  • Both of you.. Shhhhhh. Time to drop it like its hooooooooooooooooooot.

Politics
    Haven
  • No names were mentioned, but people who have seen the emote, or know of it, know exactly who it is. I may not agree with the emote, but I don't think taking a public dump on someone's mistake/emote is acceptable either.
    MoireanMephistolesErzsebetSetneTragerIshin
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    IT'S GETTIN' HOT IN HERE
    SO TAKE OFF ALL YOUR CLOTHES

alternately, simma down and move on
    MephistolesAryanne
  • edited July 2014
    Alright, that's quite enough. Find a new subject to discuss if you can't do this without bickering like children.

Ninja'd by @Auresae. How embarrassing.

Ishin
    MAYBE I WANT TO TAKE OFF ALL MY CLOTHES INSTEAD

Unrelated: Am I the same Pokemon as Auresae?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited July 2014
    Slyphe said:

Alright, that's quite enough. Find a new subject to discuss if you can't do this without bickering like children.

Ninja'd by @Auresae. How embarrassing.

You have to now show her up in some way. Split a thread before the original post is even made and that will show her.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Iosyne
  • You are Moiremander and she is Auremander. Totally, completely different. No similarities at all.
    Aryanne
    Get it right, I'm the Chairmander.
    SetneIosyneIshin
  • Quick @Slyphe! Evolve into Slyphtiose and hose that Auremander down with your (forum)SURF!

Politics
    MarienaIosyne
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    This is not an X rated forum, @Gwenith.
    TragerIshin
  • But if we all put our dirty, dirty minds to it and worked on it.... it could be.

Politics
    ErzsebetTrager
  • HEY GET BACK TO THAT RAGIN'.

i am rapture coder
    SheirosiaTrager
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    I'm currently raging that this thread contains mostly whining and hardly any raging.

Pls2bfixing?
  • I've got your raging right here ladies. -groin thrust-

(Okay, that's the last one I swear. I get weird at 4am.)

Politics
  • Love being ZAPPED for telling a God ( ... ) that making a training room might be useless as no one will use it and to make something people ARE going to make use off..

Like yeah thats a zapping offense ... BEEP BEEP!

StathanErzsebet
  • edited July 2014
    Now it's in my head.

Omei vs Azton.

StathanSheirosia
  • Omei said:

Azton got so mad he turned into a car.

IF i turned into a car I would have ran him over!! @Omei‌

That was a utter lame ass reason to zap someone..

This discussion has been closed.