Fundraiser

A very special someone in my life is raising money to be able to build an animal shelter in Hua Hin in Thailand, to help stray dogs, cats, monkeys etc. A week ago, he lost his dog, Charlie, and that is why he wishes to do this, in his name. I am unemployed myself and cannot help him with his cause, and therefor, I am asking you to help me help him help the strays of Hua Hin.

Any donation, big or small, is helpful, whether it's a single dollar or a hundred dollars. I hope to be able to raise this money before my birthday, February 12th, but I will keep it open for as long as I possibly can. It is for a good cause and not a single dollar will go to myself. It will all go straight to him and the shelter. I know there are people in this community who holds dogs and cats close to their hearts. Please, help me with this.

Simply go to the site below and donate. A mail will be sent to me and I will be able to thank you personally. Should I be able to raise the money and donate for this cause, I will let my friend know that the community of Aetolia has helped.

http://www.gofundme.com/1y90n4

I don't have anything to offer in return for your help, except random batches of credits, whenever I get my hands on them. At the moment, I have 135 credits that I will give to the first person donating $40. If you were to buy credits through the website, $40 would give you 100cr, so it's a bit of a bonus.

So please, please help me with this. It would mean a lot to me and to my friend.

Comments

• My first donation is in, so the credits will be handed over once I get the character name. Thank you so much!

I have added a new reward system, so if you donate, you will not go without a little something back. Please, have a look at it and see if anything strikes your fancy.

• I have gotten my hands on some credits, so I will be making you a deal. 70 credits and a full body picture for $25 donated on the site above. Only one person will be able to benefit with this offer, so make sure to donate fast if you want it.

I know a lot of people has looked at this thread. If you have any (respectful) comments or questions, don't hesitate to post.

• Best of luck! Animals have a special place in my heart.
    imageimage
    Konnorn
  • A big thank you to those who have donated so far. It will do a lot of good! If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• The lovely miss Eleanor has offered to help with my fundraiser and a new reward level has been added. For $25, you will recieve not only a full body picture from me, but also one of her very popular chibis. The reward can be found at the bottom of the reward ladder. Make sure to have a look, and let me know if you have any questions.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Yep! One of my shiny giftbag chibis in the pot, there. I'm so happy Konnorn's letting me contribute this way, 'cause I don't have money but it's such a good cause! So yeah, somebody buy that thing.

Konnorn
  • edited February 2013

I have put up two new reward levels, both only one time offers. You can buy 125 credits for $40 or 40 iron coins for only $15. Get them while they are hot!

And remember, this is all for a good cause.

• I have lowered the price of the doll to $75. The price is still high, but that is because it will take a lot of work and I will pay the shipping from my own pocket. None of the money paid in the fundraiser will go to myself.

The doll will be made after the description of your character, approximately 20-25cm or 7.5-10 inches, very plush and soft. Sadly, I don't have any examples to show, otherwise I would have. When it comes to the black and white portraits, this is what they would look like. They would require me getting a photo to work from, but you get the idea.

imageimage

• Since my prices seem to be too high for you, I would like to ask for some feedback. What would be a reasonable amount for various items? I am willing to lower the prices, if it would help the cause. However, take into account the amount of time it takes to create these things.

I want to yet again point out that none of this money will go to myself, but for the founding of an animal shelter in Thailand, to make the living condition for cats, dogs, monkeys and other animals much better than they are today.

• Konnorn,

I would love to help out but I just don't have the cash. I really hope everything works out, though.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• It's okay. I know the economy isn't the best for people. I just thought it would be worth a try and people can always help out when and if they have the opportunity. I won't hold it against anyone if they cannot do that. :)

• edited February 2013
    Konnorn made two awesome pictures for me. (One was a surprise!)

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    MastemaValenaeAldricHaydynDemarcus
  • My credits and iron coins has been sold, but I have added a new reward. 100cr and a picture of your choice from any of the categories for only $40.

If you have any questions, let me know!

• I have made some updates to my fundraiser with NEW prices, so make sure you have a look. There are still 100 credits up for grabs for anyone who is interested.

• *bump*

• I just wanted to show a few examples of what the money will go to. These are three of the many dogs that has been helped. All pictures are before and after treatment.

Soy

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Zwitser

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pippi

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Also, here is one of the many puppies that is being taken care of by a Buddhist temple in Hua Hin. And that is my friend who is doing all of this holding it.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• For those of you curious about what the handmade crochet dolls look like, this is it. They are 6-8 inches, or 15-20cm tall. Shipping is of course included in the price.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Just wanted to bump this with a little reminder of where the commission money will go.

This is Panda, Petite and Fluffy.

• Selling cheaper than normal credits on my fundraiser. Three different price classes. Should you want to make an offer on a bulk credits instead, poke me through a pm here.

Find the credits and prices here:

Kerryn