Cryptic Chests promotion (July promotion)

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Could the sanguine choker and the monocle provide defense lines for when the relic is actually giving bonuses? Or maybe we could get our crit chance to show up on audit? Pleeease.
  • I will buy 100 more cryptic chests if you bring back the old sets. I still don't have that thing. :(
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Yeah. I have to say this: While I am more than happy with what I got from my purchase, if people are buying with the hopes of getting a specific item, don't bother. The random element and wide range of possible items makes it simply impossible. Sure, I only bought fifteen, though I did so in the hope I would receive globes. I never received a single one.

Don't take this post to say they are not worth it, as they most definitely are. I think, right now... The promotion in Aetolia is far better than any other. Just bear in mind that you might end up with items you simply have no use for.
    IshinGwenithErzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I've managed to luck out with my chests and -not- end up with a ton of the non racial relics (except on a char who was just -given- a bunch). No one seems to want them, much.

I much prefer giftbags to chests, but the changes have mostly made them more worth it IMO. Even if I do have tons of bashing to do on a bunch of alts now. ^.^
    imageimage
    IshinMephistolesPiperDemarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Erzsebet said:

I've managed to luck out with my chests and -not- end up with a ton of the non racial relics (except on a char who was just -given- a bunch). No one seems to want them, much.

I much prefer giftbags to chests, but the changes have mostly made them more worth it IMO. Even if I do have tons of bashing to do on a bunch of alts now. ^.^

I'm not quite sure how the keeneye monocole *isn't* worth it. 150 months of enhanced crits? Sign me up! The sanguine choker for 150 months? Yes please! The bonuses might not be enormous or earth-shattering, but stretched out over 150 months I would say they're well worth it. Some of the other ones I can understand being a little more "Ehhhh..." Like the translocator device. Unless you frequent the islands a ton, you still have to ferry back, amrite? And the Albedi sunspear? Unless you're in a lesser room filled with a bajillion eld, barely seems worth it at all, and only if you get EXP for them. Maybe make it so you get double EXP from them or something as a slightly better incentive:

Also here: 100 eld.
    >chuck sunspear at sun
    You slay 100 eld! Hooray! 200 eld worth of experience for you.
    >insert awesome baby meme.

What other ones are there?
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I didn't say they were useless (though they are, to someone like me who doesn't really bash or PK), I said they were worthless--you can't actually sell the things to people, in my experience because no one seems to want them.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The choker only lasts 50 months, unless mine is buggy.

I still want to know what the dreamscape mirror does before I waste my pieces on using it.
  • They're what, 4 pieces at 5 credits per for tradein? Just use one and test it out. You're not going to -lose- anything.
    Except for the 20+ credits and the potential use of the item if it ever gets upgraded to something more appealing.
  • My curiosity wins that fight every time.
    Sheirosia
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Choker only lasts 50 months. The monocle seems pretty awesome, though.
    Sheirosia
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014

An arachnid's caudum (a spinneret)
    ----------------------------------
    You can WEBSPRAY people to web them without the tattoo.
    You can also SPINWEB to put a decorative web in the room.
    Aside from SPINWEB looking like you're dragging your butt across the ground, WEBSPRAY has the exact same message as the web tattoo. Is it possible to get better messages for these, @Oleis?
    You settle your bottom upon the ground with purpose and begin to weave a web of turgid, sticky strands.
    Oh god... my skinny wraith ass!! Please reword this for the love of all things good. Please with a capital PLEASE!! @Oleis @Razmael or anyone.

(>.<) <--- my face as I make webs

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

TragerErzsebetIshinMephistoles
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I vote they leave it just as it is... :3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RivasSlypheTeani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't like that message, I love it. Makes me want to get one.
  • It's how spiders make webs, yo. EMBRACE THE REALISM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Ashmer
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It fills me with all kinds of glee that the badass vampires are all, YES I WILL GET SPIDER PARTS AND BE SUPER GOTHIC BADASS oh my god I am pooting out sticky things help cryyy.

AshmerKerrynSlypheRiluoPiperAarbrokXavinSolariaFaerah
  • I got a tail and cat's eye! I am a happy Fox.

I tried out dreamscape mirror--it made a rough sketch of the same map of tiyen I used it in, only when I got to the higher levels some of the branches of the pinwheel floor cut off before the end, and there were some doors I could see on the map that I couldn't get to in the dreamspace. ALL of the denizens were targeted via 'spectre'. Same EXP and mobs though.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Noooo spiderman for Mephi.
    edited July 2014
    Meyvitch said:

I tried out dreamscape mirror--it made a rough sketch of the same map of tiyen I used it in, only when I got to the higher levels some of the branches of the pinwheel floor cut off before the end, and there were some doors I could see on the map that I couldn't get to in the dreamspace. ALL of the denizens were targeted via 'spectre'. Same EXP and mobs though.

How utterly underwhelming. You have to be HELLA rich to justify spending 20 credits on an instanced version of half a zone...especially since it sounds like the mobs need to be ALIVE when you copy? If they are alive, just bash the zone itself...
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I got:
    You have obtained the following relic skills:
    ---------------------------------------------
    ID: quills - quills
    ID: caudum - an arachnid's caudum
    ID: claws - retractable claws <--- Should not have got as it is a very weak version of corpus claw.
    ID: acidbreath - acid breath</p>
    I have extras I want to swap to in exchange for raptor claws and membranous muscle 1 for 1:
    Relic pieces
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ID: scorpion - scorpion tail
    1 / 4 : a metasomal segment

ID: claws - retractable claws
    1 / 4 : a loose claw

ID: lamellae - Aquatic lamellae
    2 / 4 : a fish's head

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Are the re-rolls only working between types? Like only the monocles to choker pieces, and only racial stuff to racial stuff? RELIC PIECES is not listing these as some sort of unique set, so I've been wasting rerolls on monocle and choker pieces thinking I might get a racial out of it, and I'm start to suspect that it isn't possible. Can this be made clear somewhere, because RELIC PIECES seems to indicate they are all the same thing.
    You can SECRETE a viscous slime that counts as standing firm.
    What is standing firm?
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Moirean said:

You can SECRETE a viscous slime that counts as standing firm.
    What is standing firm?

Isn't that the resolute defense, makes it so you can't be yanked/etc?

• If it's the same as Imperian then it's mass, as long as you don't move from that room. Or perform a balance action. (Not sure on the last bit.)
  • I'm pretty sure it's the cannot-be-moved-but-cannot-move defense.

Haven
    Is it? There's nothing in the post about how to clear the defence, if that's what it is.
  • Sturdiness (Kaido) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Usage: STAND FIRM
    By concentrating on increasing your mass, you are able to gain immunity from most attempts
    to move you against your will. It is lost when you next use balance or equilibrium.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Moirean
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Don't Carnifex have a skill like too? Maybe it was just Infernal.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Haven said:

Don't Carnifex have a skill like too? Maybe it was just Infernal.

I know old knights used to have it, only reason I remember it. It was in Chivalry:

Sturdiness Standing firm against attempts to move you.

• Mages and luminaries have it in the form of a vibe and rite respectively.

This discussion has been closed.