HAPPYBIRTHDAY - Why don't we get this awesome email on Aetolian's birthdays?

MarienaMariena By a lake.
Hello! I propose that Aetolia does this too. From Midkemia and Lusternia both, I got a happy birthday email with HAPPYBIRTHDAY
> If you log into Midkemia today, please type HAPPYBIRTHDAY to receive a free gift on one of your characters, compliments of myself and the rest of the Gods and staff!<

That is SO thoughtful and cool. These places do this, and I don't even pour money into them actively. Aetolia does not do this at all, and I spend $25 a month, minimum.

Could we do this for everyone, @Razmael and @Oleis?

StathanMoireanPiperSetneAryanneMephistolesIshinFaerahFerrik

Comments

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    Happy Birthday! Also, I second the idea!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, you get like a free cryptic chest.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

This was actually an oversight. Daskalos is supposed to buy you a free chest on your birthday.
    StathanMarienaXavinRivas
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Happy Birthday Mari!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Oooo! Happy birthday!
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Thank you all! Still, I think we need to bring this to our community. It's a really sweet personal touch.

MoireanAryanneAarbrok
  • Yay, more free stuff! An email would be a nice touch but seeing as out of all the IRE games we get the best promos/give aways/andsoforth we already get way spoiled birthday or not.

Politics
    Do we? Elite in other games gives out more rewards (cryptic chest each month, the 100 credits count towards monthly promo if it's one that gives items and jazz for every x credits bought).
  • I know Achaea doesn't do either of that. And it's a flat 100cr purchase to get a giftbag instead of our rather generous 20cr for a giftbag. Their membership credits don't go towards the monthly promos either. I believe I read on the forums here on some topic a admin saying they were the most generous gifts and pressure was put on them by IRE to tone back how much people got. But when they did people complained so they went back to the 20cr per giftbag but tones down all the prizes.

Politics
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    While it may take additional coding to do, it might float the boats of both sides...

If there was some sort of unique gift given out on your birthday versus a cryptic chest or a giftbag. Could be consumable or an artifact. For example...

Consumable: a slice of mostly-frosting birthday cake

Consumption grants some sort of buff that lasts for 24 hours of play time (so like chocolates, they perservere through logout and death and only tick down while online) and maybe gives you a +5% to all audit, +10% damage to mobs, improved endurance and willpower regeneration, and +10% experience gain. Nothing over the top, just a nice little boost. Bound to you and not transferrable.

Artifact: a pendant OR a ring (or a brooch or whatever jewelery item you want,really...)

When you look at it, would display how many birthstones were set into the piece of jewlery. Each year that you do HAPPYBIRTHDAYTOME will increase the number of settings by 1. The birthstone would be your actual birthstone based on your registration, so I'd get what... whatever the heck February is. Doesn't even have to have powers on it, just something to mark how many birthdays youv'e had while playing Aetolia. Or if you wanted to be cool, throw some negligible power on there, like birthday_end_regen or birthday_will_regen.

Just an idea.
    MarienaGwenithZsadistXenia
    @Gwenith - Achaea can be a lot stingier with its promos because of its sheer size.
  • I'm not sure how that's an argument.

Politics
  • Gwenith said:

I know Achaea doesn't do either of that. And it's a flat 100cr purchase to get a giftbag instead of our rather generous 20cr for a giftbag. Their membership credits don't go towards the monthly promos either. I believe I read on the forums here on some topic a admin saying they were the most generous gifts and pressure was put on them by IRE to tone back how much people got. But when they did people complained so they went back to the 20cr per giftbag but tones down all the prizes.

I know that Imperian does. They get a phylactery with their membership (their version of a giftbag/cryptic chest) and I know for a fact when they did their version of assembled vanity pieces you got them for the membership as if you bought 100 credits. But perhaps it's because they need all the help they can get.

Aetolia is more fun even without those things!
    Gwenith said:

I'm not sure how that's an argument.

My point is that Achaea is an anomaly when you're looking at IRE games. It has a far larger player base, budget and staff, while the other 4 all have relatively similar sizes, funding, etc. Achaea's off on its own level of stuff and can't really be fairly included when you're comparing the games.
    Demarcus
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    In the past, Aetolia's promos were way, way, way over the top. They seem to be more balanced these days overall.
  • Every time I type in 'happybirthday' it shows the announce 2288, that third paragraph.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz