Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    For bashing you pretty much gotta just disregard maximizing damage and focus on tankiness until you hit that threshold. It's easier in some classes. Stalwart is probably always your best bet. Go for +speed and +con and maybe resists depending on where you bash~ then secondarily boost damage. Most of your damage and kills are going to be from crits and overkill so maxing that damage number out isn't as important.
  • Yes to vigor, statpack athletic, wearing white amulet now, don't usually have funds for others. How do I see what armor stats I have?

enhancements
    You have invested 5 enhancement points and have 0 remaining to use.
    You have invested 0 augmetic enhancement points and have 0 remaining to use.
    You have obtained the following enhancements:
    Stats
    - Strength
    - Dexterity
    Protection
    - Cutting
    Resistance
    - Fire
    Stamina
    - Endurance

So...how do I get more enhancements points/augmetic?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You get augmetic points for every 10 levels after 100. You don't get any more enhancements.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Augmetic comes every 10 levels after 100. You probably should have done str/con enhancements, instead of str/dex.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If it was me, and my focus was bashing. (I'm assuming you're a sent)
    Stalwart
    +1 con +1 str
    +bal
    +endurance regen
    I'd probably cancel out the magic damage malus to round it out. But that one is sort of discretionary. Depends where you bash~
    Brae
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This is what I run with my Sentinel:

Stalwart -

You have obtained the following enhancements:
    Stats
    - Constitution
    - Strength
    Speed
    - Balance
    Resistance
    - Magic
    - Fire
    Augmetic
    - 2% Max Health

Use a mountain tattoo and you're fine for endurance. You can use refresh body every hour to help restore it, as well as use refining reserves and bullseyes are like 500 gold. Don't waste a tanky point in endurance.

When bashing, use orbs and amulets, and if you're low on cash, swap out blueorb for shell in refining. Don't forget vigor potion.

Summon nightingale and refresh body before you do a run through of, like, Xaanhal, and you should be able to autobash it fine (my Sent has no artis).

Sent took a bit of a hit losing resistance, so we're vulnerable to magic. You definitely want to put a point there, although I think resistance points into magic are broken?

********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type Defences Miniskills Armour A. Total
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting 30% 0% 36% 42%
    Blunt 30% 0% 35% 41%
    Magic 20% 24% 0% 39%
    Fire 40% 24% 0% 53%
    Cold 37% 24% 0% 51%
    Electric 30% 24% 0% 46%
    Poison 27% 24% 0% 44%
    Psychic 10% 24% 0% 32%
    Asphyxiation 10% 24% 0% 32%
    *******************************************************************************
    *********************************[ Avoidance ]*********************************
    Type PVP PVE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dodge Chance 5% 7%
    Divert Chance 22% 22%
    Divert Block 18% 18%
    *******************************************************************************

The following abilities and items are protecting you from Magic damage:
    Resistance Ring: 10%
    Divine Favor: 10%

:/
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ya I guess shaman bias just makes me think other classes actually drain wp or endurance >_>
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Yeah....Erz regularly has 7k health, 19-20 con, fortify/ward/mend/affinity, and I -still- can't bash Xaanhal without running three or so time per mob. Or dying, if the mob does area damage. They were doing like 5k hits to me the other day. And that's WITH trans minis/avoidance.
    imageimage
  • I don't even understand how. Do you have like 1 str and hit for 39 damage?

AarbrokAngwe
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I bashed as a level 81 praenomen in resilient statpack back in the day with just a sip ring and enhancement level 1 something is very wrong Erz
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    5.6k life as monk in Xaan and I can go afk to make a sandwich come back and be fine. Even take out high mage whats her face when I get the urge to clear upper Xaan.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Maybe you've had sensitivity stuck on you for the past year and haven't known it?

SetneStathanLimOmei
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I think I'm just totally inept at bashing. That's with Powerful as my statpack, as a Sapivi praenom. I hit for like 1k without crits.
    imageimage
  • Are you using a blood affinity minion as well?
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    My IRL has been so physically and emotionally overwhelming that I haven't had the time or energy to finish my project or play Aure reliably. I'm really sorry, guys, but I don't think it's gonna change any time soon. I'll do my best.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Auresae said:

My IRL has been so physically and emotionally overwhelming that I haven't had the time or energy to finish my project or play Aure reliably. I'm really sorry, guys, but I don't think it's gonna change any time soon. I'll do my best.

Seems to be a lot of that going around on all fronts lately. Best of luck to you Fire Lady, hopes you can make it back soon :)

Gwenith
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2014
    I hate having to take on the role of the evil leader in Nebre'seir. It is fine from a IC perspective but ooc it sucks as I must come across as a nasty son of a bitch or not get things done. I went through this when I ran Voltaire and Bouchard too so it is not new, but I am also not the House leader just the House Elder so I feel like I am standing on toes a little.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

MoireanIshinAngroth
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I always preferred being corrupt and degenerate to SO DARK EVIL.
    Erzsebet
    My craptastic internet dropping (when I have eggnog xp buff). Even better - it drops when I have JUST DRAINED A GLOBE. Given how expensive and desired they are, it's really sucky that the buffs don't persist through death/disconnect. Bad internet happens and it is really lame that a single disconnect burns like 15 credits worth of buff.
    FaerahIshinErzsebet
  • Oh man, I heard that. I've lost several drains, one to simple class change because I wasn't thinking. Each one is curse-worthy.
    IshinErzsebet
    edited July 2014
    Your air_infused defence has been stripped.

Having slain a massive elemental, you retrieve the corpse.
    A rush of energy fills you as you feel ready to deliver a devastating blow upon your next target.
    Spinning a somber silver-edged halberd deftly in your hands, you bring it about for another strike.
    You can find no such target as 'elemental'.

You drink from a glass of neverending eggnog with traces of eggnog.
    You have gained the eggnog_exp defence.

---> Awesome! Let's do lots of globes!

You do not have the power to summon forth an elemental.

---> D...R...tabcomplete...

You drink from a glass of neverending eggnog with traces of eggnog.
    Your eggnog_exp defence has been stripped.
    You have gained the eggnog_will_regen defence.

FML
    Rivas
  • Erzsebet said:

Yeah....Erz regularly has 7k health, 19-20 con, fortify/ward/mend/affinity, and I -still- can't bash Xaanhal without running three or so time per mob. Or dying, if the mob does area damage. They were doing like 5k hits to me the other day. And that's WITH trans minis/avoidance.

That's just the one mob in there, right?

I do the same thing. Every so often I think "People keep banging on about Xaanhal/Tiyen, I should really go figure them out."
    So I pick one, go there, most of the stuff is dead so I find a mob that isn't, attack it, and killing it is a struggle. I decide the place isn't worth the effort and go kill blobs instead.

I think if you avoid those mobs it'd be fine - assuming you can actually find either place not bashed out.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    ftr irruel, Xanhaal has an instance so as long as you haven't been there in the last two hours, there's always mobs.

Stathan
  • Yeah. Been in there as a group of three reasonably artifacted people. We wiped four or five times and I haven't returned. We were a relatively disorganised team, but I just kind of assumed it was only for soloing by Daskalos, Moirean and Rowena.
    I think you're thinking of somewhere else. I bashed Xaanhal and Tiyen sub-100 on my artifact-less alt, and I'm not the only one. The xp/gold drops are the best in the game, so definitely worth checking out.
  • I'll give the instance a solo go sometime. It was probably the fact we were a team that was killing us.

At any rate, the original point I was trying to make was just that I can see how someone might come to the same conclusion as Erze-whatsit if they base it on the only mobs they can find in the nearly-always-cleared entrance.
  • I can only bash Xaanhal on one character. The elemental dmg is just too much otherwise and that seems kinda meh for lvl100+ characters. Tiyen though, I love Tiyen with all of my little black heart. I think it's funny to drag the creature behind me, because by that point I've finished everything and then it's a 'yipyipyip' retreat from that guy.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I didn't realize people struggle with Xaan. It's the place I go hunt when I don't need to pay attention. Organ farming during movie night. If you see me online just grab me ooc and we'll hit the instance for testing.
    MoireanPiper
    I rage that there is no way to pause chocolates. I am, like, resenting people for wanting me to do stuff like give interviews or RP with them, because it cuts into my chocolate buffs.
  • I'm not entirely sure what got nerfed while I was gone, but I couldn't bash Xaan or Tiyen when I got back, although I could 3-4 months ago (as both BB and Indo). I have had to pick up Teradrim to be able to bash either. I think Nal'jin is almost as good xp wise, and a good deal easier.
This discussion has been closed.