Modernize the Project system

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited June 2014 in Idea Box
I was wondering how feasible it would be to do a reskin of the builder bounty board, taking the concept and fleshing it out to help update the current project system. Adding in more functionality for that would really assist org leaders with delegating out tasks and would help streamline things at all levels - which would mean more activity for players, less work for admin and easier communication between everyone.

Example new system detailed below. This is all just examples (and cool things I'd like to see), but maybe it'll help give some ideas of how stuff could be improved.

Leader privs:
----------
- PROJECT TITLE ADD [name] [prefix]: Lets you add a visual prefix that projects in your org can use for easy visual sorting.
---> Eg PROJECT TITLE ADD chair ^r[^bSECURITY^r]: - this would create a visually distinctive header that could be applied to project names, using the prompt color tags. (I'd love the ability to use something like this in ALL org documents, tbh).

- PROJECT [projectid] SET [property] [value]: Property choices would be expanded out:
- name: the name, obviously
- title: lets you use one of the project titles as set above.
- tag(s): akin to design tagging, lets you assign keywords to a project
- leader: sets the OVERALL leader of the project
- owner: sets the CURRENT owner of the project
- access: sets project access for additional people. This way, more than one person can edit a project without needing the org-level permissions to do so.
- type: lets you specify a TYPE of project, for easy project sorting and categorizing.
Types: event (plan for events), contest, reference, creation (ie like building new rooms/mobs), status/tracking (for tracking information over time), compiled (for combining multiple projects)

- PROJECT [projectid] TRANSFER TO [project group]: Lets you transfer a project between one group and another.

- PROJECT [projectid] SUB [projectid]: Places a project as a subordinate project to another project. This would basically let you create a table of contents to easily slot in projects as small tasks in a bigger overall project (eg individual events for a festival).

- PROJECT [projectid] PROPOSE: Kicks a project up to the admin level.

- PROJECT [projectid] OPEN: Declares a project open for anyone in the group to claim. This would let org leaders put out up-for-grabs tasks for people to do.

- PROJECT [projectid] CLAIM: Lets people claim a project. This would automatically set them as the current OWNER of a project.

Owner privs:
----------

- Owners could set status, access, tags, change name, assign title and type.

- PROJECT [projectid] COMPLETE: As the project owner, you can mark a project as complete. This would let you flag YOUR STEP of the project complete.

Other stuffs:
-----------

- Let us use mxp in orghelps to reference projects!
- Make project readouts mxp clickable

------------------

- PROJECT INFO [projectid]: See the basic display for a project:

--[Project #1234]---------------------------------[PROPOSED]------------
Group: Spinesreach
Leader: Moirean
Current Owner: Maghak
Access: Jensen, Ferrik

Type: Creation

Title: [SECURITY]

Name: City gallows

Tags: gallows, spinesreach, ironmaw, omgjensenstopasking

Info:
[Item description and stuff here]

or, if it is a compiled project:

Sub-projects:

ID Name Owner Status
---------------------------------------------
- 1235 --- Ironmaw thing a --- Jensen ---- Planning
- 1236 --- Ironmaw thing b --- Ferrik ----- Crocodile
^--- make these mxp clickable!

Last Modified:
2014/06/25 05:08

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- PROJECT SEARCH [keyword]: Searches projects and spits out any with that word in the tags, titles, owner name, status or group.

- PROJECTS IN [group]: Update this to reflect the new fields. So much more room for sorting, much cleaner! Some filter options:
- PROJECTS IN [group] TYPE: sorts by type
- PROJECTS IN [group] OWNED: shows only projects you own
- PROJECTS IN [group] OPEN: shows projects up for grabs
- PROJECTS IN [group] (IN)COMPLETE: shows projects that are marked as (in)complete

- PROJECTS OWNED: Lists all projects you are set as owner of.
SolariaSetneCiarelle

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I hate the format here. This looked way nicer before I posted it. Anyways. Ideas.
    Riluo
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I really really really want the sub groups one. I hate sorting through redtape to find security related projects. I'd actually use and update them if I had an easier way of referencing them from the swarm of other projects
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking with the title option that it would be mxp-linked, so you could put the pretty color title before each project and then just click it (or maybe type like PROJECT TITLED [title]). There might be better ways to do this, but I think the general idea - being able to sort and categorize stuff more easily - would be useful.