Yankee Candles!

edited March 2014 in OOC Chat
Hi guys!

I don't usually do stuff like this, so bear with me a bit. My fraternity is selling Yankee Candles to raise money for our organization. Once we (as individual members) bypass a certain threshold, all of the other profits go to our dues that we may owe. Dues can be... pricey, so this is of course something we're jumping on.

A little about the fraternity itself

[spoiler]The organization is called Lambda Chi Alpha, which sports famous alumni such as Kenny Chesney, Ron Paul, Bill Rasmussen and a bunch of others you can find here if you're looking for some fun reading.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Our philanthropy is Feeding America which is an awesome organization responsible for helping to get food to those who may not be financially able to get it on their own. Every year the whole fraternity gathers together to collect as much food as they can in a spree, all of which have been incredibly successful thus far![/spoiler]

The group certainly isn't like one you'd see in the movies, and in fact we do our best to try and push away at that stigma.

I'm not necessarily asking that you purchase these candles just for the sake of buying them, but instead suggesting that if you were planning on buying any for upcoming birthday presents, mother's day, etc. that you consider buying them from me first! They do make great gifts for sure.

To order:

1) Click on the link here, placed there for your convenience. I know, I'm a gentleman.

2) Navigate down to the page where you see the box that says, "Start Shopping!"

3) Enter in our group number there (990061861) and my seller ID (Taylor63) in the box where it says "Start Shopping!"

4) Shop away like you would on Amazon! Or Ebay if you're one of those people, I guess it's just a matter of personal preference - who am I to judge?

What's in it for you? Well a candle of course, but if that's not enough, I'll write a poem (or rap if you're not into that poem nonsense) to each person who buys a candle about just how awesome their character is. A candle might burn out, but that poem will truly be priceless. Just saying.

If you have any friends or family interested in candles, I'd appreciate it if you'd even just forward them the information! Every little bit helps out, and word of mouth is definitely a huge help here.

Side note: If any of you belong to any organizations, or things like that and are looking for a group to do fundraising for, I highly highly suggest going through Yankee Candle. Not only is the online portion a breeze to deal with, but your organization receives 40% of the profits earned through each sale, which is quite awesome compared to other places.

IshinJensen

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Every friday I clean my apartment top to bottom like it was spring cleaning.  This happens every friday I'm home.

Every saturday morning my stove top is covered is liquor from me sloppily pouring liquor, every flat surface has a finished to semi finished mix drink, beer can/bottle, 40oz, and there are passed out people -everywhere-.  This happens every saturday I'm home

We go through a lot of candles to mitigate what that smells like.  I shall buy one.

also nobody smokes, so I light them with blow torches
    SlypheAreka
  • That is epic. How many glasses have you singed that way?

too many
    That'll be 1 vanilla candle and 1 gangster rap about the warden of Spinesreach
    SlypheMoirean
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Aww, I can't order from outside the US. :(

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    How long is this going on for, Slyphe? I don't get paid again til the 4th. 

Piper
  • It will be going until April 5th!

@Jensen I haven't forgotten about you! Work all day has gotten in the way, but it's coming Soon(tm).

Jensen
  • Didn't buy candles, but I bought a few accessories!
  • I have friends at my University who are Lambda Chi Alpha. I've been curious: is Lambda Chi Alpha a Christian, Republican fraternity? Is being a Christian, Republican fraternity a thing? I'm sure you can tell I know nothing about Greek, heh.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Boom. Poem time.
    Jensen
  • Or rap. Rap would be cool too.

Jensen
  • @Jensen‌

They call him a lion
    He goes by warden too
    But if you're on his bad side
    He'll slice you up for stew

Cut out your spleen
    And add a little spice
    Bring it to a steamy sizzle
    Get your organs tasting nice

The heart is a sign of love
    But not to Jensen, man
    He'll dice it into little pieces
    And saute it in a pan

Or maybe eyeballs are his thing
    They taste better from the source
    Pluck them out then pop them in
    While the victim's still alive of course

Yes this chef of morbid tastes
    Has quite the eye for flesh
    Too bad he's hardly been around
    To try and eat that Nesventesh

Jensen
  • I'm not sure if Periluna is still around, so I'm going to go for @Rashar next.

Here comes the guy
    The man with the plan
    Leading Slyphe's Order
    Since before time began

Give him a tapestry
    He'll start up a war
    He'll die a thousand times
    But still come back for more

So maybe he flails
    He wasn't always good at fights
    Though those were only during the day
    Since Roux occupies the nights

Ahh yes the days
    I surely miss them so
    When Rashar was in the Order
    And Slyphe called him His bro

But now he does his own thing
    Going after the Goddess of fire
    Lagging down the whole damn game
    With his paramote mudsex ire

Jensen
  • Maaan, I don't die -that- often anymore. :(

I'd flip a table, but laughing way too hard. I want to buy candles for other people now just to see what you come up with.
    Slyphe
  • Unfortunately the sale's over! There may be another opportunity next year if they run it again.

I think the Aetolian divine should form a rap group. Makes me picture the Wu-tang Clan
    Teani