Short Questions

Comments

• @samp you can do, 'forget -name-' to get a rough count on what youd get back if you quit the guild..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Samp
  • Oleis said:

Samp said:

@Nalor Thanks for the input! My concern is that the alt was a vampire before guildranks/multiclassing for them. I didn't get inducted into the BB or anything by Certime and put in lessons in Corpus/Mentis/Sanguis before becoming BB, but not enough to stop being an apprentice by current standards. If I quit guild/class, I don't know what I'd become or how many lessons I'd get back, and if I cured before quitting guild/class I'm not sure where I'd be. Any thoughts?

No big deal. Once you decide how you'd like to be, we'll get you to that point.
    Totally not worried- thank you! I was just trying to explain it in more detail to Nalor. :]
    Nalor said:

@samp you can do, 'forget -name-' to get a rough count on what youd get back if you quit the guild..

@Nalor Totally, but the issue is very specific to Vampire classes, like if I'll get bumped back to Sanguis with 90% hematurgy lessons regained; or if I'll get all my lessons back in Corpus, Mentis, AND Hematurgy; if I'd regain Sanguis at the skill level it was; if I'd go back to pre-Praenomen vampire or something buggy; how a cure might interact weirdly with it; and a ton of things related to how this alt wound up in a funny place between legacy classes/multiclassing. Doing FORGET isn't necessarily the most bugfree method of checking this, so I was wondering if anyone else had already gone through this and @Oleis was awesome enough to make sure it'll go right regardless of if the game gives me reduced lessons or something.
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • @Samp IF you get cured you'll gain 50% back from all the skills, mntis, corpus, hemature, sanguis .. (done that before) .. If you forget it before hand it should give you 90% back if your not in a guild, or gr3 or above... I always tell people to forget -name-, before jumping into the volcano as you do get the 90% back..

If you get cured it should clear both prae and BB, or you can class quit -name- to be certain
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Quick question maybe one of the Divine can answer... the artifacts that may eventually get assembled from the pieces -- will those powers be able to be transferred to other artifacts? I thought I heard Moirean complaining that her gold auction artifacts were uber-special and couldn't have their powers transferred, was wondering if it was going to be the same with relics.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Has anyone else noticed their moon tattoo fading -way- more often than it used to? Maybe it's just me, but mine sure as heck seem to be dropping once every other day or so, which is far, far more often than it used to be.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • There a def you have that recently started taking a constant mana drain? My mountain tattoo disappears like paychecks since potence is now an endurance drain.

Backing that up, I have vision defs up that drain mana and I'm not noticing moon disappearing any faster than normal.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

It's been all four of the regens actually, and I haven't changed any of my defs that I didn't have before. Maybe I'm just having a terrible bout of RNG, but I really doubt it. A tattoo used to last a week, now I'm lucky if it lasts a whole day.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    That's some horrible, horrible luck.. Or maybe I'm getting super good luck.. I've had the same boar/moon tattoo for the past 3 and a half weeks... :/
  • Does subterfuge secret send a GMCP message to the recipient?

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    Don't believe so.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Samp
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2014
    Aishia uses Primality Staticburst Boosted on you.
    Tension fills the air as Aishia locks her attention on you. A burst of forked bolts of lightning strike your body with sharp cracks, your body locked in spasms for the duration.

---

Is that only line Staticburst gives? Since it gives 2 affs plus another hidden aff? Or is it bugged? - I dont see in my log of any affs, or even that i was hit after this line ^

I know from the shaman point it gives an aff with ^ line and 1/2 seconds later it says another aff is landed on the person.. soo am I missing something or is it meant to just be that one line for person being hit?

Only line, yep.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • oh thats stupid.. Since it gives the shaman 2 lines .. Thanks!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited June 2014
    I mean, if you want me to actually explain I guess I can, though really it boils down to explaining the core of how shaman offense works. Staticburst gives random focus affs. Shamans get a line to track it because they need to be able to track the number of(and to a lesser extent which) mental affs are stuck. Since shaman offense relies more on luck, and hidden affs stacking, than sticking particular aff combos like other aff classes, the focus is usually on HOW MANY more than WHAT affs, and the exploitation of them is usually more secondary since you can't rely on any particular effect coming into play.

But the unboosted version DOES give the aff line too.
  • Aishia said:

I mean, if you want me to actually explain I guess I can, though really it boils down to explaining the core of how shaman offense works. Staticburst gives random focus affs. Shamans get a line to track it because they need to be able to track the number of(and to a lesser extent which) mental affs are stuck. Since shaman offense relies more on luck, and hidden affs stacking, than sticking particular aff combos like other aff classes, the focus is usually on HOW MANY more than WHAT affs, and the exploitation of them is usually more secondary since you can't rely on any particular effect coming into play.

But the unboosted version DOES give the aff line too.

Ah so its only FOCUSABLE Affs?
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Great to have some tangible transparency for once!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Don't forget you can read other classes ABs! A lot of the information is in there usually if you're curious.
  • Aishia said:

Don't forget you can read other classes ABs! A lot of the information is in there usually if you're curious.

@Aishia I know doesn't say its all focusable affs tho.. Nor does it say it only gives 2 linse even tho you dont get both affs together you get 1 like 1/1.5 seconds later.. was my question.. as if you give yourself staticburst boost and touch tree/focus it'll only cure 1 and a second later you'll gain another aff.. Its why I asked about the missing 2nd line..
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Maybe you just need to work on your terminology! All those things you mentioned are in there.

This surge of electric energy will not only harm your foe, but will
    inflict a random mental malady (All mental affs are focusable). As the charge accumulates, it will lash
    out at your foe once more. (Mentions that it procs multiple times over time.)
    Boosted effect: Staticburst will activate one additional time before
    fading and afflictions will be masked. (Mentions that the aff line will be hidden.)
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2014
    But that still doesnt defeat the point of what I was making, it gives 2 affs round 2 seconds apart but it only gives you 1 line.. so how are you meant to adjust for that... but since its forums and as per usual a simple question turns into a debate. I give up!
    I'm pretty sure I remember staticburst giving a line any time it afflicts you, but I could be wrong.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AFAIK it gives you a line saying what you got, if it's BOOSTED the line just tells you that you gained a hidden aff.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

AFAIK it gives you a line saying what you got, if it's BOOSTED the line just tells you that you gained a hidden aff.

Its what I thought but from the log earlier when She hit me with it.. I only got that one line.. Its why I made ^ this post
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It only gives 1 aff per message it displays.
    Ishin
  • The air around you hums with residual static energy and another painful jolt wracks your body.

^ That's the line for the second and third ticks. You're saying you're not receiving it?

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2014
    Derp derp derp. Nothing to see here.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Piper: That signature is trippy! I love it.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    SlypheTeani
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I totally snagged it first. And then abandoned it in favor of the demon destructive gleeful child.
    SampPiper
  • @Moirean your sig makes me so impossibly happy every time and I watch it on repeat whenever you make a post

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    Moirean
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Why are there no more casks at the arti shop?