Artifact updates, Announce 2279

13»

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can you use the age artifact to appear younger too? Cause I'd totally make myself 18 again. I'm totally fresh off the isles man, I never burned down those forest! I wasn't even born then! PLEASE BELIEVE ME.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoTozAuresaeMephistolesIosyneStathanStrungDemarcusErzsebet
  • ^ next on Aetolian Catfish

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanSetneIshinStathanAarbrokHaven
  • I don't think the age thing is nearly as huge an issue as people are worried about. Amber is nearly 200 and has missed tons and tons of world shattering events because I was inactive at the time. There are already 200 year old novices because of inactivity and 21 year old characters who are ascended and have walked nearly every corner of the world.

Roleplaying being old/young and roleplaying that you were/weren't at a particular event are two totally different things.
    Rawr
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think the issue is that you aren't ACTUALLY resetting your age, so ICly, you're still gonna be 18 or 200. Do you then ignore that fact to pursue the RP you want? Is that ok? Does that make your character deluded/lying to themself?
    Samp
  • Man, you guys are really overcomplicating this! It's a set of ledgers that magically change the public record of your age. You're not actually becoming that age you know!

i am rapture coder
    SampAarbrok
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    This artifact takes jobs away from hard, honest working Syssin.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    OmeiJensenXavinIshinSerriceStrungDemarcusHaven
  • Right, @omei, So an 18 year old player who suddenly becomes 150 takes the risk of people being like, 'Nope. You're not that old, and you did not do that.' Which is valid on both ends. If you want to try and play older, I suppose that's your prerogative. So long as you understand that you -are- lying, and understand that it's within someone else's right to disregard it.

I'm really playing devil's advocate, because I don't care all that much. And I'm probably going to buy one anyway. :)

That being said, if you are playing a child of someone I sort of think there should be a way to get your age legitimately adjusted, because of what @phoenecia said. Maybe via message, and it'd be up to the admin discretion to determine whether or not it was played out that way. There'd be either trust or looking back over logs or whatever you call them here. Probably asking too much, but I know of at least one character with that issue, where they're trying to RP stuff as older, or they would have known things or people in their life and they can't really justify it because they are '18'. Sure you can use this arti and hope nobody catches it, but that's also, what. 150 credits? Some people don't wanna spend the money, don't have the money, etc.

I dunno, just a thought.
  • I like how MKO does it. You set your age at the start.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinStrungDemarcusAarbrok
  • edited June 2014
    @moirean re: the merchant's logbook thing
    A what? Every forger can't do it?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Every forger can, but you can only have forging OR concoctions/reanimation unless you have the logbook artifact. Many people who would probably do more crafting for forging won't switch their merchantile because then they'd be losing out on the profits/convenience of concoctions.
    IrruelMoireanIshin
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    I guess there are some good uses for the artifact. I think it would be a positive thing for RP though if one had to get admin approval to set your age. This way the good uses, like matching up children's ages, would be kept but the annoying uses could be prevented. Since it'll rarely be used it doesn't sound like too much of a burden for the admin to me.
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    Demarcus
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Areka said:

Every forger can, but you can only have forging OR concoctions/reanimation unless you have the logbook artifact. Many people who would probably do more crafting for forging won't switch their merchantile because then they'd be losing out on the profits/convenience of concoctions.

Exactly this. I'd love to design armor. I really really really want to design armor. But concoctions makes good money and, more importantly, is way more useful for PK/bashing (being able to refill mid-fight is INVALUABLE). So. No armor designing. :(
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'm just personally glad that the artifact doesn't let people be less than 18 years old. Lusternia recently had some "controversy" over the Aeonics ability that allowed people to de-age themselves to around 12-13 years old. You can easily imagine what was happening and why the minimum age that you can create a character with got increased from 16 to 18 and that you can no longer Aeonics de-age someone below 18.
    IshinXavin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Eh. Disapprove of the age thing. But it's easy enough to call it out ICly.

'You wanna join X org? What've you been doing for the past three hundred years? Nothing? Right. Try again kid, with a more convincing story this time."

Regarding forging...I totally custom forge things. >.> I just don't know anything/care about stats. My stuff is much more for the flash than the practicality of it. It's why I'm priced way lower than Areka who makes her stuff really bamf on stats.

imageimage
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    >buys age-change artifact
    >Sephirothotan Reborn
    >ESTUANS INTERIUS IRA VEHEMENTI KIYOTAN
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AishiaJensenErzsebet
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Age artifact killed my puppy.