LOVE

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    A good tip for cat owners... put a small box of some kind (perhaps even the lid of a box) next to everything else on your desk and the cat will be automatically drawn to it, because cats <3 boxes.

• Awwww yiss. How To Train Your Dragon 2 on Tuesday. *buttdance*
    AarbrokSessizlikSeirEmelle
  • I took my little sister to see it today, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more than she did. No shame.

HavenStathanAarbrokMoireanSeirEmelle
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I really love these interactions with the Mhun and Orcs. I'll post some logs later on with Areka's attempts at peace negotiations and inability to pronounce words.
    Stathan
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Cheesecake golems....

That is all. <3
    StathanSlyphe
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2014
    To respond to some of the stuff in this thread, most of the people "not seeing" why it's a bad thing haven't gone through the work of building a system. You pour time and effort towards creating something only to see random people buy someone else's work and trash yours with little to no personal involvement in creating it.

BUT on the flip side having accessibility to this stuff is most definitely a good thing (though to what extent is arguable). Personally for me, having access to someone else's curing is what kickstarted me into PK in the first place. Without that I would probably still be random anonymous noncom (actually more likely I wouldn't even be playing Aetolia). It was a GREAT starting point having something functional that you could use as an example to learn how to improve it and start building your own stuff. I've also hit the ceiling where I feel I've outgrown what adding onto someone else's system can achieve and am seriously considering starting up my own system from scratch. None of this would have happened if I was forced to start from scratch at the very beginning.

Don't want to touch the flame war going on here but just wanted to add that number of lines has nothing to do with how good a script is. When I started out my offenses were tangled monstrosities spanning several hundred lines of code. Nowadays I have my Bloodborn at 59 lines and Indorani at 47 and they massively outperform anything I ever wrote with hundreds of lines. Streamlining stuff and achieving efficiency without sacrificing functionality is one of those details you can push to gain an advantage in this era of AI wars.
    IshinDaskalosJensenFurtum
  • Just because I feel the need to defend myself, I don't OOCly talk shit at all about being able to kill anyone I am able to kill ( And it's not like that list is a massive one yet. ) I'm the first to admit the systems aren't mine and I barely understand how they're working still. ICly, Rash doesn't really talk shit either. He doesn't -take- shit, but he never has so there's no change there. But yeah, you'll never hear me claiming to be anything I'm not, despite what my character might be able to do with someone else's code. :P
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2014
    Oh I'm not referring to you at all (or anyone in particular), just framing it as to why Draiman started this forum rampage. Treat it as a hypothetical! I rephrased it to be a little less harsh, definitely didn't mean to offend or target anyone with that.
  • Am I in the wrong thread?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You're not, @Periluna.

I love that even though Draiman's rage is a little over the top, people can still understand where the bro is coming from, instead of just dismissing him and trolling him off the forums. The people playing this game didn't used to be like that(myself included), and it's nice to see that despite some assholes who linger on, most folks have been grown-ups about it.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    PerilunaAarbrokAliceTeaniPiper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ishin said:

You're not, @Periluna.

I love that even though Draiman's rage is a little over the top, people can still understand where the bro is coming from, instead of just dismissing him and trolling him off the forums. The people playing this game didn't used to be like that(myself included), and it's nice to see that despite some assholes who linger on, most folks have been grown-ups about it.

To be fair, 10 years ago we were all pretty much angsty teens.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaIshinAarbrokAryanneEmelle
    Haven said:

Ishin said:

You're not, @Periluna.

Speak for yourself bro, I was 20 years old 10 years ago.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Idk - I see how 20 year olds act today... I just really hope that's not how I was viewed then.
    AryanneTeaniDemarcus
  • The older I get, the older people seem to need to be before they start taking responsibility for their own lives and actions. It's just the way things work in this country, I think. Everything is entitled, and nobody is at fault.
    PerilunaIshinNola
    Periluna said:

Idk - I see how 20 year olds act today... I just really hope that's not how I was viewed then.

I was in Iraq dodging Habib bullets and raging along the Euphrates river. Definitely not what 'most' 20 year olds of the day did :D
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Alice
    edited June 2014
    When I was 20, I was dancing with glowsticks at fancy rave parties and breathing fire.
    (I used to be alot more fun)

Also funfact, I used to tightrope walk as well and walk on stilts...while drunk.
    What the hell happened to ...oh yeah my body fell apart. *creaking joints and bones*

Kids these days.
    IshinAryanneSheirosiaPiperEmelle
  • The only time I ever walked on stilts was when I was doing drywall, and had to mud the corners on those 9 footers.

I don't know if you've ever fallen to the ground on stilts carrying a 5 gallon bucket of drywall mud in each hand, but man. It's like crashing a plane. You -know- it's going to suck, and you have to just sit there and watch it coming.
    IshinFurtum
  • Buying a system will never make anyone automatically an excellent PKer, ever.

Buying a system is the only way some of us will ever have one. So if I -want- to -ever- participate in PK, I have absolutely no shame in purchasing a prebuilt healing system. I frankly don't have the time to code one myself. I'm not a professional coder. I can code, but it takes me time and I don't have that.

Having access to -good- healing systems allows people to learn the rhythm of combat without being so overwhelmed that they never enter. It gives them a stepping stone into PK. If they enjoy it enough to get heavily into it, eventually they'll want to learn at least the basics of coding because someone else's system will never -perfectly- fit you.

Without a mix of options, the PK playing field would be dramatically smaller.

I love that I finally, finally got access to HBO GO and have been watching Game of Thrones for the first time ever. Just finished the Red Wedding episode. I read the books. I knew what was coming. Still was fist-shaking the monitor.
    imageimage
    IshinHavenDemarcus
    I fell once after knocking myself in the back of the head with a flaming poi.

but I can imagine a 5 gallon bucket of drywall mud would be bad, that shit is heavy.
    Ishin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Hitting yourself with poi is part of spinning poi. Especially if you're male because then you have a glowing critical hit spot for massive damage.

TeaniAarbrokIshin
  • How to Train a Dragon 2 was fantastic. And sad. And fantastic.
    Slyphe

• Politics
    Alice
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    I love @Ishin when he's mad. That was some funny conversation we had yesterday, bro. :D
    Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haven said:

Ishin said:

You're not, @Periluna.

I was 11 going on 12.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    I know it's already started to, but I'll go ahead and say it. Let's move on from this topic. It's been addressed and readdressed to hell and back and I think we're mostly tires of hearing it. More loves and less people posting their age so I feel old. <3
    Ishin
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Riiiiiibs. Steak. Barbecue. Yes.
    Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I love the fact that my daughter is sitting next to me singing along to old metal songs by (among others) Iron Maiden!

IshinStathanAarbrokArekaRiluo
  • I know that everyone hates on the Carnifex Class for combat, but mmm mmm that bashing.
    Moirean
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2014
    I don't hate on it!

But @Aishia and @Valingar keep discouraging me from making an offense for it. :(