Post your Screen!

Comments

• These are the mods I made to the TW gui, screenshots taken quite a while ago now, but I forgot to post them when I did.

I can't use them as placing translucent buttons over the main window creates too much load on my CPU - it's okay with other systems, but not with TW, which already stresses my poor 'puter a lot as it is. I am, however, proud of this GUI - designed for touch screen pvp on a 10" windows tablet - so I thought I'd post it.

Overlaying the main window can be compass for movement, target's limb states for lycan combat, or a grid of on/off aff stack info, which uses the same squares as the compass, and represent target afflictions.

The buttons covering up the map view are my attack macros. There are four pages of them for four different types of pvp related things (1v1, ranged, traps/overgrowth/telepathy/roars/hypno depending on class - not that I'm ever anything but sent/shaman anyway... what
    a waste of lessons hehe)

And my favourite - the ally/enemy display thing. I can click on an enemy name to target them.
    ui1.PNG 262.1K
    ui2.PNG 239.8K
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I like the layout with the buttons down the side.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    Current rendition of Entropy's UI that I'm in the middle of fixing up / remodeling.
    [Not finished just yet, obviously - ignore afflictions box, was merely for testing the wrapping of it]
    Slyphe
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2014

If any of you used earthshaker back in the day, this is based off of it.

Left side has the map capture, and a list of affs, top in red mine, bottom in blue my enemy's. It's blue because they're in a kill state -- in this case, spinecut. If they were locked, it'd be red, and if it were anything else it'd be yellow/orange like the border color.

You can see the limb damage counters besides it. Red means partial-Tekura combo to break, yellow means full Tekura combo to break, blue is broken, green is restoring, and white is everything else.

Chat capture is on the upper right. Everything on the right side (all the buttons) are NOT used and remnants of the system I got from Xemnas (you'll notice it's still named 'Truthbringer', which is what Xemnas called it) before I tore its guts out. Most of them work still (I think), but I personally don't touch them.

You can see in the main window how I used lua commands and thinks to simulate stuff happening, and as an example of what my alerts look like.

I'm a strong believer in neatly ordered lists and columns and something that you can intuitively gather information from in a glance, because often in a fight you don't really have that much time to look over something. I find that ksys base systems did that very very well with the row approach to affliction displays. The limb damage is also somewhat intuitive, head/limbs especially.

• Looking through the last few pages of this make me go "BAAAH?!" With how much of your monitor screens are taken up by your clients! Maybe it's cause I only have the one monitor, so I have to condense, but I generally keep Aetolia as reasonably skinny as possible and off to one side so I have tons of room to have other crap all visible at once

These wide clients would drive me absolutely crazy!

I actually only have one monitor too. It's 1440 x 900. I used to think it was really big when I first got it seven years ago but now it feels tiny.

Draiman
  • @Ashmer‌ @Sheirosia‌ :

Can we have something like Serrice's pl0x?
  • I wish I could show it but I have led lights on my laptop I can change the colors of... which I changed the colors to match the colors in my current desktop picture.
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Lim said:

@Ashmer‌ @Sheirosia‌ :

Sorry, but that's just....

I'm entirely confident that -most- people would not want that, but as always... Put a feature request in and I'll tag it for feedback. Honestly, though. Most people want a minimal UI and pretty much everybody I have spoken to like the UI as it is.
    Solaria
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Sheirosia said:

Lim said:

@Ashmer‌ @Sheirosia‌ :

Sorry, but that's just....

I'm entirely confident that -most- people would not want that, but as always... Put a feature request in and I'll tag it for feedback. Honestly, though. Most people want a minimal UI and pretty much everybody I have spoken to like the UI as it is.
    I'll post a screenie when I get home tonight. Not gonna lie, kind of definitely really super proud of it. It's so zeeeeeeeen, it's like there isn't even a UI. @Sheirosia boss. (Though I swear the buttons on the left are brighter than the chat cap buttons.)

Also, @Lim, please use the Redmine feature request application instead of the forums. <.< Thanks!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• woah :p I honestly didn't expect you guys to take my comment so seriously. Yeah, I'll put in a feature request if I want something. You guys know I use it! Thanks! :)
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    We take everything seriously.

But yeah, if there's a feature of it in particular you want, we can look at it. A complete structural change probably won't be a thing, but I know customizeable stylesheets are on the table for a future update. (Thanks to @Ishin I can't say update without feeling the distinct urge to type updoot. shakefist)

Anyway! Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll post a screenshot of Serenity's UI tonight.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • TozToz
    edited June 2014
    Yeah dude. Did you think this was a game or something? Aet is SRS BSNS.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ashmer
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Alee said:

I wish I could show it but I have led lights on my laptop I can change the colors of... which I changed the colors to match the colors in my current desktop picture.

I have that picture, though not in that exact color scheme as one of the various choices for my background.

I myself prefer a minimalist UI, built by myself, sometimes using stuff others coded instead of a pre-built ui packaged for me. I hate using buttons.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    I like my UI :*( It's very informative! AND INFORMATION IS POWER.

IrruelXenia
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    My cMUD screen.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

RiluoDaegon
  • Informative, but disjointed
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Explain? I pretty much only use the comm and main windows. The Vitals is something I look at only on occasion (like for bounties) and the alerts window has some useful info but I don't use it overmuch.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Those credits though...
    DaskalosSetneIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    My hate, it is overflowing.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ishin
  • @Daskalos‌
    I just prefer more of a HUD look, personally. The stuff at the top needs more symmetry to it. Plenty of information there though so
  • edited June 2014
    I still think my favorite-ever system was whichever one used the Vault Tec vault boy as their limb tracker. If I can find it again, I'll share it because it's simply amazing.

Also echoing the love of a HUD look. @Anfini was the absolute champion of making amazing UIs.

EDIT: ...Noooow I'm inspired to try and make one. Wellp.

EDIT EDIT: The pictures on the old thread are all almost all expired, so that's not going to happen :(

Drahkuna
  • Slyphe said:

I still think my favorite-ever system was whichever one used the Vault Tec vault boy as their limb tracker. If I can find it again, I'll share it because it's simply amazing.

Also echoing the love of a HUD look. @Anfini was the absolute champion of making amazing UIs.

EDIT EDIT: The pictures on the old thread are all almost all expired, so that's not going to happen :(

Do you mean:

Kinda wish I still had some elements of this, I did like the look to some extent.

Anfini was DAMN good at making UIs look awesome than any of mine.
    SlypheFurtum
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Kaeus said:

Slyphe said:

Do you mean:

Kinda wish I still had some elements of this, I did like the look to some extent.

I think the version of earthshaker I have has that for the lycan UI. Contact me and I can send you what I have so you could look and see.

• Kaeus said:

Slyphe said:

Do you mean:

Yes, that is exactly the one I meant. Aweeeesome.

• Slyphe said:

Yes, that is exactly the one I meant. Aweeeesome.

You can get that of the other mud... I have just that part but no limb class to use it on :(
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited June 2014
    Wellp, first ever attempt at a GUI. It's not exactly pretty, and I'm usually a minimalist, but it does the trick!

Xarian
    Can't he just... magick health elixir into existence!?

SlypheFurtum
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    What kind of noob takes clairvoyance.
    AarbrokBraeTrager
  • You just solved one of my biggest GUI problems (not having enough space for lists of things - affs, defs, taffs, chat, allies in room, enemies in room, other people in room, items in room, mobs in room, remaining affs in strategy - the lists go on and on and I basically have to choose half or even a third of them, and just not have the rest.

But you... you

Put names in a horizontal list. Like... like a sentence.

I feel like such an idiot for not thinking of that.

<3@Slyphe‌
    Thankyou!
    IshinSlyphe