MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    The obnoxious gender customs of the casual dating scene. Ugh.

IshinStathanSeirValenae
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    This guy.
    MoireanIshinAarbrokAlice
  • Damonicus said:

Don't worry Ios, if I took you out, you can open the door for me, we can split the check and you can call me in three days. Then I would build you an academy. :)

I shall name you mini-Toz, and grant you all the various statuses and powers that go along with it, so long as they do not negatively influence the release of Carnifex or fishing.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• @Toz and after I build the academy, I shall release the new and improved Carnifishing. You kill people with the souls of trout.

TozMoireanTeaniVolkaFurtumHavenAliceStathan
  • I vote to replace @Oleis and the rest of the admin with @Damonicus and clones of @Damonicus.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

OleisOmeiVolkaFurtumRiluoAarbrokStathan
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I always assumed that was the end-goal they were going for. (fishing) POLE SPINSLASH, (fishing) POLE SKEWER, (fishing) POLE WRENCH...
    TozRiluo
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Finally have internet---but I feel terribly slow because splinted/slung up arm means I'm typing one-handed. :<
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Toz said:

Damonicus said:

Don't worry Ios, if I took you out, you can open the door for me, we can split the check and you can call me in three days. Then I would build you an academy. :)

I shall name you mini-Toz, and grant you all the various statuses and powers that go along with it, so long as they do not negatively influence the release of Carnifex or fishing.
    Wait, I feel like that's something I should be signing off on...

• I rage that my work is only scheduling me three days a week. Granted, they are day shifts, so I am going home with double the cash I would a night shift. Not all bad, but I want more hours.

Rage at no car meaning a 2 1/2 hour unsafe walk to work, and finding rides does not always happen. And 60 days to pay fines to get my license back before I could even get a new car.

There may or may not be a indentation in the wall where my head keeps hitting it.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited June 2014

FurtumAshmer
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Been preparing for the last three weeks to go fishing with my dad today - and it's thunderstorming.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    FurtumIshin
  • I know lightning water conductivity 400k volts whatever but. I've been fishing in the rain a whole lot. It usually devolves to drinking in the rain while drowning bait but, it works.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Welp, that compelling argument definitely changed my mind. Thanks!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    FurtumErzsebetAshmerPiperStathanHaern
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yeah you can deffo fish in the rain, @Kiyotan. Done it before too. @Furtum's right, though. Unless you've got some underwater lures, might be kinda tough. But usually right -after- it rains, the fish will go nuts, so stand by for that.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    FurtumAliceHaven
  • Seems like I'm behind in everything that I was once on-top of. This year just doesn't seem to be doing it for me.

In between the stresses of romantic struggles, trying to make everyone happy, working the increased hours - yet somehow still barely having any money afterwards, I've neglected my usual eating and exercise routine, and gained back 20lbs. Within a few month's time, the efforts of half a year or more have been reversed.

I just want to curl up and cry.
  • @Nola those things suck and I hate those stretches, sometimes into multiple years, where it seems everything fails to some extent or another/nothing goes as planned and each subsequent disappointment is that much more... well, disappointing or depressing. Just know that it isn't your job to make anyone but you happy, and it's always faster/easier to break something than to build it. Some things you can actively change already, like eating/exercise that you mentioned... that's a case of even the times you can eat right and exercise really do matter in the long run, if not the short term.

I hope there's a change in the cycle and you feel better, whether or not you do it for yourself or it just falls in that way.
    NolaEmelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nola said:

Seems like I'm behind in everything that I was once on-top of. This year just doesn't seem to be doing it for me.

In between the stresses of romantic struggles, trying to make everyone happy, working the increased hours - yet somehow still barely having any money afterwards, I've neglected my usual eating and exercise routine, and gained back 20lbs. Within a few month's time, the efforts of half a year or more have been reversed.

I just want to curl up and cry.

Don't get down about it, Nola. I'm a trifle pudgy, just around the middle. Gf doesn't seem to mind at all - in fact, sometimes I think she prefers it, with how she likes to lounge on me -_- Not that I wouldn't mind doing away with it and getting back to how I looked 12 years ago or so, but honestly I don't think it's really that big of a deal sometimes, yanno? <3 chin up, you :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JamiNola
  • I'd creep on Nola.
    SetneErzsebetJamiJensen
  • Ashmer style.
    StathanErzsebetPiperPeriluna
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I can totally understand being upset about one's weight since I'm kind of in that spot myself. I force myself to go to the gym three or four times a week, but sometimes its hard to feel good when you step on a scale and your weight hasn't changed much even when you've developed some muscle. It's a matter of noticing the little improvements and taking pride in them.
    Aryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    In the same boat, I've gained back about 20 of the 40 lbs I lost :/ feel for you
    AryanneIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Yeah. :/ I'm completely unable to move my weight at all. For any reason. I mean. I could probably gain if I tried, but nothing short of starving myself to death will move the number downwards. And I mean literally to death, because not eating doesn't change anything at all. If anything, dieting/eating healthy makes me gain about five pounds, because I gain about that in water weight because I'm actually not dehydrated.

So I feel it. I totally get being frustrated at numbers going back in the wrong direction. But at the same time, you shouldn't let it get you down too much.
    imageimage
  • Metabolic disorders will screw with your ability to lose weight. I can bust my behind daily with exercise and eat right and still barely move the scale. But the fact that you -did- lose that weight, Nola, means that you have the ability to get it gone again. You did lose it in the first place. That's no small accomplishment. Having a set back doesn't negate the first triumph.

imageimage
    ErzsebetIshinEmellePeriluna
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited June 2014
    That feeling when you just came out of a fever and haven't showered for two days.

Not mad, just ew.

Edited to add:

Oh, and @Nola, @Minarael is right. Weight is not one of those "set it and forget it" things, where you can lose the weight and have it just be that way forever, and beating yourself up for gaining the weight back isn't going to give you any room to see it. It's something I'm working on, where when I miss one of my things I just go "okay, that was a setback. Now you know," instead of "you a-hole, quit having your life not work," when I talk to myself about it.

And yeah, just like the weight went back up when the habit fell out, when you put the habit back in and cut the stress, it'll go back down.

Woe for the opposite problem - when I was working a super stressful job I lost like fifteen pounds over the course of a year. Unhealthy skinny is unhealthy.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

FurtumIshinMinaraelEmellePeriluna
  • You're not going to lose weight in the beginning, especially with muscle development. Your body fat % is likely dropping, but you're just changing your body composition at that point. Wait until you're done with the muscle gain, and the weight will drop from there.

Also, everybody neglects the two biggest factors here. Water and sleep. Sleep sleep sleep. Sleep is work too, when you're talking about fitness or health. Physical and mental stress raises cortisol levels, which is doing -nothing- but bad things for you. You need adequate rest for that to go away, and for your body to recover. If you're not resting, you might as well not even be working out.
    AshmerPiperAryanneFurtumIshinMinaraelEmellePeriluna
  • So, the school I got into back home in Vermont accepted all of my credits but gave me zero GPA hours for the work I have done at MSU and now I have a 1.88. In order to get into the grad school I've been drooling over I need at least a 3.0. Plus, wtf I earned those hours (!). I called student services/academic advising thinking surely it was a mistake and all I'm getting is answering machine messages with the exception of the transfer center who is telling me they 'don't know but don't worry about it'. I graduate in three semesters, I have to worry about it.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Valenae said:

So, the school I got into back home in Vermont accepted all of my credits but gave me zero GPA hours for the work I have done at MSU and now I have a 1.88. In order to get into the grad school I've been drooling over I need at least a 3.0. Plus, wtf I earned those hours (!). I called student services/academic advising thinking surely it was a mistake and all I'm getting is answering machine messages with the exception of the transfer center who is telling me they 'don't know but don't worry about it'. I graduate in three semesters, I have to worry about it.

Oftentimes, the school receiving transfer credit won't factor it into your GPA for their internal use (things like academic probation, graduation with honors, etc.) However, your grad school could still take into account overall performance at both schools when considering you. Don't sweat it too much! They'll help you figure out the best way to present the information.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The one thing that can ruin my mood in an instant: my family :\

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinHavenPeriluna